Any more news of Super Revo?

Jason, This is why Marco said that you NEED to dyno tune SSR...his out of the box settings are NOT for every truck. You have to spend some time on the rollers and dial it in for your specific set-up.

Personally I could care less what the numbers mean...I know that when I dyno and add timing/duration and it makes power than I move on, but if it doesn't then I go back and pull some out. If you ONLY give it what it NEEDS then the chances of hurting something go down by a ton, then if you just throw SSR in your truck blindly and say..."Yep SOP meter says good".

I know that there is a big kick to "Know" the actual values....but now that you have the option to either increase timing and duration above or below stock values...then IMHO the "Actual degrees or microseconds" isint that important anymore.

It now becomes YOUR responsability to TUNE your truck appropraiatly. Marco has given you "almost" full control over those settings without associating it with actual values.

As we all know...Marco never stops, and I know that this isint the end of the ability of SSR...just give him time...

BTW, the ability to disable pilot injection is coming...Marco just needs to research on his mule truck some more....

I get the get on the dyno part. that's obvious. No one fine tunes any vehicle with any method with out it, unless it's a filled block or something like top fuel where there really isn't a dyno that would work. vast majority in any motor sport uses it when going to this level of tunability., got it.. never denied that.

Yeah, so your saying the guys that do the stand alone's just randomly pick numbers out of their butt and hope they work? BS! They are using formulas and what not to get damn close and understand where the line is drawn.

I don't get why there's just secrecy around these numbers.

GM and Ford folks are STILL laughing at us BTW.

EDIT: If there wasn't a desire to find out these duration and timing values, there wouldn't be folks scoping the trucks. Rather smart folks scoping their trucks that do have a clue, they want to know the numbers.

Is anyone going to gain from these numbers? Depends on how smart you are ;-)

Went out for a little while tonight for a bit of testing...

I had previously set up the SSR the first time I loaded it on pretty much the same settings as Marco suggested as being "Close to stock" settings. I was actually quite impressed with the power it had...Of course I was taking it pretty easy given that I just put this dang thing together....I was making about 60 psi boost max...

Tonight I wanted to change it again and add a bit more.....I looked at a few of the suggestions from others on here but still wanted to keep it conservative.

Heres what I got for a petty good DD setting with Low smoke yet a pretty dang good hp settting for a few kills..... :

RPM's - Stock
Shift Defuel - Off
TQ - Stock
LL Tim. 5
HL Tim. 15
LL RP - Stock
HL RP - 25
LL DUR - 15
HL DUR - 15

Transition from LL to HL while driving seems pretty smooth also....No big hits.

I know I've only got about 250-300 miles on this thing but I did a few shorts WOT runs....Boost is only in the High 50's.... I'd have to say my SOP meter says this was good for at least 650 HP.... +/-

:rockwoot:

RPM's - Stock
Shift Defuel - Off
TQ - Stock
LL Tim. 5
HL Tim. 15
LL RP - Stock
HL RP - 25
LL DUR - 15
HL DUR - 15

BTW... You may notice that I've got the LL Timing set 10 levels below stock and HL Timing set 10 levels above stock.... I was trying to get as much low rpm spool as possible to push past my slight lag due to the extra piston weight... It works pretty well! I may even go to the very lowest LL timing and see how that does....

Has anyone else tried below stock LL timing for extra spool??

I get the get on the dyno part. that's obvious. No one fine tunes any vehicle with any method with out it, unless it's a filled block or something like top fuel where there really isn't a dyno that would work. vast majority in any motor sport uses it when going to this level of tunability., got it.. never denied that.

Yeah, so your saying the guys that do the stand alone's just randomly pick numbers out of their butt and hope they work? BS! They are using formulas and what not to get damn close and understand where the line is drawn.

I don't get why there's just secrecy around these numbers.

GM and Ford folks are STILL laughing at us BTW.

EDIT: If there wasn't a desire to find out these duration and timing values, there wouldn't be folks scoping the trucks. Rather smart folks scoping their trucks that do have a clue, they want to know the numbers.

Is anyone going to gain from these numbers? Depends on how smart you are ;-)

I'm with you,
Knowing the values would only help hone your tuning skills.
Understanding more of whats going on .

In this case knowledge is HP

However so far there isn't a how to handbook. Its going to take some time before micro second injection tables.
timing maps ect. become available here.

Marco has done his homework & has taken out the risk of entering something
that could quickly cause a meltdown.

For instance when adding duration & RPM how much timing needs to be added ????

Most ever one will know the answer is more, but exactly how much more .
Not enough drop a valve seat or melt something / too much blow a head gasket or throw a rod.

Its like grade school, Marco is the smart kid that spent the weekend working on his school work .
We are the ones that spent the weekend riding our dirt bikes or playing ball.

Now its Monday morning and we would like Marco share his work with us.

Will he????

Its like grade school, Marco is the smart kid that spent the weekend working on his school work .
We are the ones that spent the weekend riding our dirt bikes or playing ball.

Now its Monday morning and we would like Marco to let us share his work.

Will he????

Depends on how big he is....If he doesn't want his A$$ kicked on the play ground, He'll Share!!!

LOL

j/k Marco

No I think Marco is the teacher and needs to TEACH the class so we all don't flunk!!!!

I would suggest turning this back on unless your at the track.

Why???

Been driving without it with the tnt/r and the ppe hot+2 for a long time. And "no" it had nothing to do with any of my failures.

Garmon tranny handles it just perfectly.. :)

Isn't shift defuel only for 03/04 trucks? Pretty sure Bob said something about that, and that it makes no difference on 05-07 trucks.

Although guys post running .4 quicker with it off and others (like me) see no change

Isn't shift defuel only for 03/04 trucks? Pretty sure Bob said something about that, and that it makes no difference on 05-07 trucks.

Although guys post running .4 quicker with it off and others (like me) see no change

Seems to make a dif on mine.. My PRND21 goes away when I turn it off and it seems to shift harder..

Maybe Mr. Wagner or Marco can confirm.

worked well on some and not so well on others. Its was introduced for the 03/04 trucks with 47re tranny.

My lights go out too, but track time is close to if not exactly the same, or atleast within drivers error, which is pretty frequent:doh:

Thanks Bob

My lights go out too, but track time is close to if not exactly the same, or atleast within drivers error, which is pretty frequent:doh:

Thanks Bob

Well I've never really tested it but it just makes me feel as though its quicker!! LOL

I went out again tonight for a drive with my aformentioned settings....I didn't change it at all.......I'm REALLY digging how good it drives!!

Plus the Power is amazing for such conservative settings....

So Far the SSR is awesome!!

Does it take as long as the so6 smarty to download or are they faster now? Cause my friends Dave 06 takes about ten minutes each time.

Does it take as long as the so6 smarty to download or are they faster now? Cause my friends Dave 06 takes about ten minutes each time.

Basicly the same as my s06 did but I wouldn't call it 10 mins...i've never timed it but I bet it not more than 5 or so... I think it just seems like 10 due to your excitment...

Worth the wait what ever it is!!

Shift Defuel makes a HUGE difference on my '05. With it "ON", I can only build about 10 psi at the line. With it "OFF", I can build limitless boost (almost scary, the difference).