Any more news of Super Revo?

This is what I ended my night with after 185 miles on my truck in about 3 hours.

Speed 150
Rpm off (stock)
Sht lim off
Tq stock
LL tim 10 (below stock by 5)
HL tim 25
LL rp 25
HL rp 37 (Seems to be hold 24K fairly easily..would have thought it'd be higher at 37 tho)

LL dur 15
HL dur 32

Keep in mind that my stix are only Flux 3.8's (190 hp) so I'm running a bit my duration that Christian and others with Flux 5 +'s....

BTW...The gap from 15 -32 really isn't that bad on the transition....But in a perfect world a "Mid Load" setting would be nice.....
my latest is
speed 250
rpm high
shift limiter off
tq 2
llt 10
hlt12
llrp 22
hlrp35
lldur 22
hldur 45

my latest is
speed 250
rpm high
shift limiter off
tq 2
llt 10
hlt12
llrp 22
hlrp35
lldur 22
hldur 45

Wow! Few questions:

I keep seeing folks put their speed limiters up over 200mph...I know my max gearing won't let me go past 150 so that's where I put it. Is there ANY difference in going higher??

What size stix on those of yours? Is that why you choose such low HL Timing settings?...........ON EDIT: Come to think of it, You Spray don't cha?? That most be why you have lower HL timing, right??

Wow! 45 on the HL Duration!!! Bet that thing fuels HARD!!!.....ON EDIT 2: With the Squeeze, this my duration can be cleaned up I bet. And make a Chit Load more HP......Nice!!

I may bump mine just a few more on top but until i can use a dyno, I'm leaving my HL timing where it is....Maybe even come down a notch of two...

Thanks for sharing man!!!

Think of it this way Dave. If the ECM sees a limit...while racing or whatever it is people do with all this power...I would think that it has the possibility to cut fuel to keep from going past that limit. If it's not hurting anything, let it eat!

Few more concerns:

Not sure if its programming related or something else in my setup.

FTR, I'm still having surging issues / roughness during steady throttle inputs...even at low speeds / rpm's......I've changed settings several times now and it seems consistant but no better / no worse....

Also, I feel like I've got a defueling issue during my 3 - 4 shift....I know it seems weird but during my 3-4 shift at WOT, I'm getting a drop in RP....from like 25K down to 20K.....then it climbs back up....But I can tell it's hurting the excelleration a bit...Doesn't quite feel like it used to..
NOW this could be something in my RP RV from TCDiesel or in my controller that was replaced by PPE, or maybe the RP sensor that I used to replace my bad one with when I first tried cranking this new build....
Who knows!!! Just sharing..

I recently changed settings again and don't feel like I gained much more from it...Including spool....I guess my spool will just be a bit slower with the build from the slight bit of heavier weight pistons or decompression, or whatever..who knows..

Don't get me wrong, it's got Power...I just need to get on a dyno to find out where I can go with the timing.....I'm kinda scared of going higher with it on the street and not really knowing what its doing... Like Marco suggested

Here's the current settings:

Speed Limiter = 200
RPM's = High
Shift Limiter = OFF
TQ Mn. = Stock
LL Timing = 05
HL Timing = 24
LL RP = 23
HL RP = 39 (still only seeing just under 25K )
LL Duration = 15 ( supposed stock level )
HL Duration = 35

Notice I went down on the HL timing by 1....Just kinda got a little worried, not because of anything specific..Seems to run great like that (on 25) and the Head has stayed on...Just to back up a bit ...Being safer and sorry...lol

BTW..Still feels in the 750-800 range but who knows...

Next up is to put the SSR back to STOCK RP settings and then use my MP8 or Dr.P box and test the RP that way.....Can't do this till next week...On duty all holiday weekend...Ugh!!

Sorry for lagging on posting these up. Swole wanted me to post my settings from my 880hp dyno run. I still need to spend alot more time on the dyno. I really wish Marco/Bob could post some settings that were equivalent to SW8 or SW9 so we'd have a starting point so we'd know the safe levels (I haven't hurt my motor running SW8 or SW9, so that would be a good place to start). Here's what I hopped on the dyno with...

Speed Limiter = 200
RPM's = stock
Shift Limiter = stock
TQ Mn. = Stock
LL Timing = 15
HL Timing = 25
LL RP = 15
HL RP = 15
LL Duration = 30
HL Duration = 40

Sorry for lagging on posting these up. Swole wanted me to post my settings from my 880hp dyno run. I still need to spend alot more time on the dyno. I really wish Marco/Bob could post some settings that were equivalent to SW8 or SW9 so we'd have a starting point so we'd know the safe levels (I haven't hurt my motor running SW8 or SW9, so that would be a good place to start). Here's what I hopped on the dyno with...

Speed Limiter = 200
RPM's = stock
Shift Limiter = stock
TQ Mn. = Stock
LL Timing = 15
HL Timing = 25
LL RP = 15
HL RP = 15
LL Duration = 30
HL Duration = 40

Ah!!

So you HL settings aren't too far off from where I'm at (With the exception of the RP...You using a Pressure box of some type, Correct??).

I'm aim to use a pres. box for testing purposes too sometime soon...See if it makes a difference...

Thanks man!!

BTW...Good Idea about know where the SW8 & 9 would be for tuning purposes...

Gang,
I've been on a rather long Hwy trip Thursday & Friday. First real world MPG test for the SSR . Driving at speed limit which is 82 Mph here in Italy
( OK, I've been running 85 most of the time ;-).... Gave me in the 21ish MPG. That's my BEST EVER on that trip with the 5.9L!

Settings were :

Speed Limiter = 250
RPM's = 4.2K
Shift Limiter = stock
TQ Mn. = Stock
LL Timing = 30
HL Timing = 30
LL RP = 1
HL RP = 1
LL Duration = 10
HL Duration = 30

I did not use any RP simply because the CP is already maxed out. My truck, adding any RP = 0 gains anywhere in the power curve.

On a side note. During that trip I tried HARD to find any rough running spot's like Big Swole's. No findings to report. My truck runs smooth as silk with the SSR.

Marco

21 mpg, at 85 mph, smooth as silk............ care to sell that truck ? thanks for the reports.

Marco. care to run 60mph and see where that mileage goes? :) That's damn good. When I had stock injectors and stock or 62mm turbo, I could manage 24 at 60, 15 at 85.

Marco,

I'm glad that the roughness seems to be isolated to me and not others (for your and their sake..lol )

It is certainly livable....

BTW, What size injectors are those of yours?? Is that the same test truck with the 90's?

Ah!!

So you HL settings aren't too far off from where I'm at (With the exception of the RP...You using a Pressure box of some type, Correct??).

I'm aim to use a pres. box for testing purposes too sometime soon...See if it makes a difference...

Thanks man!!

BTW...Good Idea about know where the SW8 & 9 would be for tuning purposes...

I'm not using a pressure box, just sticking with the Smarty. I've got twin cp3s, so I figured I didn't need any additional pressure for them to keep up. My gauge isn't working right now, but it always kept up with TNT/R, so I just assumed it'd be the same with SSR. Guess it's time to throw a scanner on there and see for sure.

Gang,
I've been on a rather long Hwy trip Thursday & Friday. First real world MPG test for the SSR . Driving at speed limit which is 82 Mph here in Italy
( OK, I've been running 85 most of the time ;-).... Gave me in the 21ish MPG. That's my BEST EVER on that trip with the 5.9L!

Settings were :

Speed Limiter = 250
RPM's = 4.2K
Shift Limiter = stock
TQ Mn. = Stock
LL Timing = 30
HL Timing = 30
LL RP = 1
HL RP = 1
LL Duration = 10
HL Duration = 30

I did not use any RP simply because the CP is already maxed out. My truck, adding any RP = 0 gains anywhere in the power curve.

On a side note. During that trip I tried HARD to find any rough running spot's like Big Swole's. No findings to report. My truck runs smooth as silk with the SSR.

Marco

That's great Marco!

No changes done ( YET ) to the truck. Sticks are always the 90's I had in during all the dynoing.

Only the 6.7L with the deletes done but otherwise stock did a little better mileage wise.

The only thing I * H A T E * about this setup is the turbo noise. It get's old pretty fast. Oh well, I guess nothing is perfect, right?

Marco

Sorry for the multiple messages!

I forgot to mention... The cruise was super smooth with e LL Dur set to 10!
Maybe a little slow to react but over all very, VERY nice....

OPS, before I have to post yet another MSG.
During that boring trip I had some fun a couple times.... Like that Panamera wanting to race. Did I mention how strong the engine still pulls above 3400 Rpm in OD??? LOL LOL
You do the math for the speed!

Marco

marco when you get a chance can you give us setting that are close to tnt/r

i feel like my top end isn't as strong as it was with tnt/r.

Sorry for the multiple messages!

I forgot to mention... The cruise was super smooth with e LL Dur set to 10!
Maybe a little slow to react but over all very, VERY nice....

OPS, before I have to post yet another MSG.
During that boring trip I had some fun a couple times.... Like that Panamera wanting to race. Did I mention how strong the engine still pulls above 3400 Rpm in OD??? LOL LOL
You do the math for the speed!

Marco

120-ish? TNT/R pulls to 3600 for me, that's near 130 with a 32.5" tire and 6speed. It's a bi-weekly thing for me ;-) it's always nice to take out a factory "sports car" tho. bonus points!

marco when you get a chance can you give us setting that are close to tnt/r

i feel like my top end isn't as strong as it was with tnt/r.

Care to share your settings?

Have you been on a dyno?

I know I've not reached my previous HP level yet but it's probably because I'm too afraid to go much passed HL 25 Timing.....I feel like if I could get on a dyno, I could raise the Timing a bit more and make good top end...

i do have a rough run at start up. when i put the tntr back in no rough start. i feel a defuel on the 3-4 shift that isnt present when the tnr r is on.
Swole your thinking on my setup is spot on.i like the NAWS. it helps make big POWA...