Any more news of Super Revo?

your rail isn't capped, right? :eek:

No Sir!

Got my TCDiesel RV that's set to 26-27K

btw, these were my same stix I had last time....They were checked by Don and sent back. I had just about 1K miles on this build before this happened.

I am betting the tip of the nozzle blew off. It happens more than many may hear about.

The good news is, they nearly always blow the end of the sac off and it is a small piece. About the same size as half a BB. Since only the sac blows off, the pintle remains in the nozzle and this really negates damage. The piece blows out the exhaust and a new nozzle fixes the truck.

I have a couple of options on this. I can use a seat type nozzle, that is somewhat stronger just by design. They have a thicker cross sectional area near the tip VS a sac nozzle, but when they break off the pintle usually goes into the engine as well. Causing huge headaches and repairs.

The second option is the nozzle David has now. With a thinner cross section at the tip. When it fails, it breaks clean at the very end. The leaves the pintle in the nozzle and the damage is nill. The problem with the second option is the failure rate is twice as high.

The real long term answer is not going to be an easy fix. We are under a sizing restriction and the steel is already nearing the strength limitations of the best materials available to date. We have some serious development time into this issue on material and design. I hope it is 100% solution, but the time to get the parts finalized and into the mainstream is looking like months, not weeks.

The high pressure fuel system is very stressed. Dual pumps, modified pumps, and pressure elevating devices are hard on injector bodies and nozzles.

Spent a few hours on the dyno today. Got ALOT more testing to do!! Because of my largeish secondary charger, it takes a little time to spool on the dyno and by the time it just gets going the run is over. Therefore my boost #'s are pretty low compared to the track. All dyno runs were at 55 psi and it runs 85 on the track. I was able to broaden the power curve pretty good even with not being anywhere near done testing. All runs are fuel only. No Tq #'s this time but I will next time.

This first graph shows a comparison of the TNT-Race (original race file) on 7 in blue and my final run of the day with the SSR in red.

2147920630033715158noHfON_fs.jpg

This second graph shows a comparison of the SSR default settings except for LL & HL Timing set to 20 in red and my final run with the SSR after some tweaking in blue.

2418233980033715158tYHOkV_fs.jpg

Nice thing is I was able to keep the rail pressures down!!

TNT-Race rail pressure in red just barely maxed the sensor (26.1k)
2291520170033715158UGxWlJ_fs.jpg

SSR rail pressure in red (24.4k)
2850803650033715158vGaJgs_fs.jpg

More testing to come ;)

Sorry :doh:

TNT-Race vs SSR final pull

SSR default vs Final pull

TNT-R Rail pressure

SSR Rail Pressure

E
Looking very good! Thanks!!!

Marco
no problem Marco.

Question. What determines the transition between LL and HL? Is it throttle position, load, or what? Trying to figure out for testing purposes

Thanks

Load....

On Edit...thinking out loud here...LL = Low LOAD; HL = High LOAD. :kick:

On second edit... I guess "requested load" defines the generic word " load " better for our purposes. In other words, the " Load " is a mix of the actual and the requested load. Does that make any sense to anyone other than me?

And how exactly is load calculated for us stooopid people? I know how is can be manipulated differently. Not sure how the ECU figures this out.

Also, What is that % and would it be possible to configure this load % to make the transition from LL to HL?

Load....

On Edit...thinking out loud here...LL = Low LOAD; HL = High LOAD. :kick:

On second edit... I guess "requested load" defines the generic word " load " better for our purposes. In other words, the " Load " is a mix of the actual and the requested load. Does that make any sense to anyone other than me?

Thanks Marco. I'm not sure what parameters the ECM uses to determine "load" though. In my setup, the ECM does not see mph or any tranny parameters. Are either of those two needed for it to determine load?

Thanks Marco. I'm not sure what parameters the ECM uses to determine "load" though. In my setup, the ECM does not see mph or any tranny parameters. Are either of those two needed for it to determine load?

With the lack of MPH, the ECU calculates load quicker and more aggressively then with mph data.

I had this data logged on my plx device but lost the data. It was something like with MPH data 50% throttle = 50% load, it was a one to one. I'll have to plug that stuff back in and see how it works out in a normal dodges application again to refresh my memory.. With out mph data 50% throttle was 80% load. It looks like it defaults to something as far as mph data with out the input. It was like torque management was turned off..... I run stock torque management to keep things smooth for a DD, and things spool faster with a manual with out all that extra fuel, but removing the mph input was similar to TM on #4

I don't have a transmission input being a manual.

So, yes and no is factors in.

from everthing I've read/seen, "load" = RPM

Nope! Think about it, do you have the same load in neutral at 3K and OD @ 3K???

Requested / actual load is calculated ( I'll keep it simple, promise )
Throttle position, how fast the throttle has been moved, Rpm, the alignment of several stars with the sun and moon, boost

Marco

Throttle position, how fast the throttle has been moved, Rpm, the alignment of several stars with the sun and moon, boost

Marco

Boost?.... How how come smoke control is a pain in the ass then? What load to do you consider high?

Marco

Thanks Marco. That tells me, and is confirmed with some of my findings while dynoing, that I can only tweak HL settings on the dyno. The LL settings will have to be done staging at the track and/or driving. Correct?

Accurate smoke control requires calibrated injector energization tables. Throw a larger nozzle in the mix and and now actual quantity of fuel is more than the limitation quantity.

Dockboy,
We could call the HL option also the WOT. On the dyno, no doubt, the only thing you can and need to dial in is the HL duration / timing / pressure. The LL stuff is easy to do on the road.

Joes...

AMEN!

Marco