Any more news of Super Revo?

I get the idea of sending it to folks with real race trucks.. But these guys never drive them on the road much. :) And when Dave does, he blows his up. LOL

Idaho is where it as at....the northern cali forks can make a short drive....and canadians can go south.

Ya, I vote for Idaho...are we voting, Bob? ;) The dyno is in Meridian, right Christian? And Firebird Raceway is really close to there as well, but I'm not sure how late into October they stay open. Maybe Vegas?!?

There were four of us (all around the 1000ish horsepower range) that had planned to head up to Idaho two months ago to test/tune the SSR, but plans fell through. I'm in Utah, and would be willing to make a trip somewhere if we can get something coordinated with Marco!

Jared

I think we are gonna do some more testing with it on the Silver Bullet, I have just been reluctant to do anything drastic cause I am trying to sell it and really cant afford to break anything else this year. I know it does over 1k with the TNTr so I know it will do over 1k with the ssr just always have that worry of more breakage.

uh oh.. maybe the stand alones will be out sooner than the ssr. Well i offer to help to Bob, just like almost everyone else on here. Send one my way!

There will still be market for ssr even when then standalones come out. If anything, I see a lot of smarty's for sale with people jumping on the standalone bandwagon, then a lot of standalone's for sale when a lot of people realize they didn't need anything more than a smarty.

uh oh.. maybe the stand alones will be out sooner than the ssr. Well i offer to help to Bob, just like almost everyone else on here. Send one my way!

I'd be willing to pay for the hardware costs to help out on that front to help improve a product that most of us need and can from the looks of it, easily tune on the street for drive ability and on the dyno for some power.

Then you got the idiots that get a software box and blow their crap up and blame/sue/whatever the box maker and they screw it up for everyone else. I understand that point too...

But yeah. :)

There will still be market for ssr even when then standalones come out. If anything, I see a lot of smarty's for sale with people jumping on the standalone bandwagon, then a lot of standalone's for sale when a lot of people realize they didn't need anything more than a smarty.

That will and always will be soley decided on what the user needs and wants the end result to be... stand alone isnt for everybody..

Stand alone is definetly for everyone, if you do not have a specific purpose for it I dont see the need. Specific purpose I mean all out hp or another market would be mpg tuning as it could be tuned to get some outrageous mpg compared to the stock ecm. Problem is its alot to spend for picking up mpg's.

I was wanting to do more testing with the SSR just have not been able too, everything has been broke before I could get a chance to try it. Silver Bullet just put down 1040/2200 ftlbs, I am very tempted to try the SSR out on it but man I can not afford to break it!

hey beaner, all is good man. I was not pointing fingers at anyone here. Marco is cool and it will be a good dyno session once we get a plan put together.

I like your style Bean :)

No dyno sheets to prove anything but a good 4 months of daily driving.
At last I have the focus to type a little about this ssr..

I have used the truck for short trips, long journeys and some street fun.

Positive stuff that I have experienced, throttle reponse is nice, power curve in the low end is smooth and stong, smoke is easy to deal with, egt's are easy to manage at any rpm and gear, power above 2800 is healthy and smoke free, full power from low rpm to high seems all out crazy but worthwhile.

Negative stuff, white smoke the odd time, minor surge in the top part of two thousand rpm range, transition from low-high power is rank if your half peddle.

I have not played with all the options, found the setting that worked best and have just driven the truck. Perhaps my focus has shifted from each test drive being the wildest and most powerful to jumping in the truck and going to the school yard to pick up my kids.
I guess my beta testing may be disappointing for the founders, however I have put alot of miles on hard and mild and have had no issues, codes, breakdowns, melted parts. I have lit the tires in 3rd/4th gear many times and no other program since this had the ability to do so.
I'm building the courage to dyno before the snow flies, BD has an event in Oct so I may whistle down for that..

Thanks for the opportunity
Rob

Stand alone is definetly for everyone, if you do not have a specific purpose for it I dont see the need. Specific purpose I mean all out hp or another market would be mpg tuning as it could be tuned to get some outrageous mpg compared to the stock ecm. Problem is its alot to spend for picking up mpg's.

I was wanting to do more testing with the SSR just have not been able too, everything has been broke before I could get a chance to try it. Silver Bullet just put down 1040/2200 ftlbs, I am very tempted to try the SSR out on it but man I can not afford to break it!

Maybe for everyone on this site, but the cf kind of everyone just needs something to plug in "for a couple of ponies". LOL

in crowd... lol

Rob are you still runing thos large mpi garret twins? Have you messen with stacking the ssr with any psi box or has anyone?