Any more news of Super Revo?

Cummins with spark plugs FTW! This was CNG and ran real good.

Attachments

• CNG_Cummins 011.jpg
    CNG_Cummins 011.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 0
Well, I learned what 50 across the board and level 99 does.

Don't think I'll be doing that anymore, but I bet it's a monster on the trace.

I think I found a pretty good tune, just don't remember exactly what it is, I'll look it up tomorrow. I think it's a 20 LL on timing and RP, and 50 on HL on both as well.

Not much smoke on the bottom end, but it wakes up pretty good. I'll keep playing with it after the weekend races are up.

llt 15
llrp 15
lld 15

hlt 35
hlrp 25
hld 37

Fuel only 7500 lbs

1.57 60'

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwyBmfXezs0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwyBmfXezs0[/ame]

Well then it runs really good! So is this ssr gonna be worth it or is it more a pain in the? Seems like it's taken alot of dyno time to get things setup and they still barely beat or don't beat the tnt-r tune. I know it's still a work in progress but there doesn't seem to be much help from the Smarty crew on helping the guys with this on some good basic settings. If it doesn't beat the tnt-r what's the use?

one plus of the ssr is better spool up. i can spool much faster easier than i can with the tnt-r. also have the ability to tailor the tune more exactly to your application. it will be worth the wait...

Well then it runs really good! So is this ssr gonna be worth it or is it more a pain in the? Seems like it's taken alot of dyno time to get things setup and they still barely beat or don't beat the tnt-r tune. I know it's still a work in progress but there doesn't seem to be much help from the Smarty crew on helping the guys with this on some good basic settings. If it doesn't beat the tnt-r what's the use?

Peak HP doesn't mean squat if it has a small power curve. My truck is 4 tenths faster with 40 less peak HP because I was able to broaden the curve by a good 3-400 rpm.

It definitly is not for a person who is not willing to take the time to tweak settings and is just looking for a "good basic setting". Every truck and setup will react different to the same settings.

I understand that. That's good to hear about going faster with less hp. I didn't mean to sound like a doubter, I was just wondering if it was worth the added expense of non stop dynoing to gain those 4/10's?

Huck , Marco is full on the 2010 67 software. We have decided to hold this project until the 2010 software is complete.

Then is dyno time and tuning for the ssr. There is no need to rush the product to market.

Thanks

I understand that. That's good to hear about going faster with less hp. I didn't mean to sound like a doubter, I was just wondering if it was worth the added expense of non stop dynoing to gain those 4/10's?

I have a dyno at my dispossal but actually have been doing most testing recently at the track.

If someone doesn't have, or is not willing to spend the few hundred dollars for dyno time to improve the performance then products like the SSR are not for them.

Thanks for the info guys not trying to start a fight just trying justify this if this is the new tnt-r.

I have a dyno at my dispossal but actually have been doing most testing recently at the track.

If someone doesn't have, or is not willing to spend the few hundred dollars for dyno time to improve the performance then products like the SSR are not for them.

Exactly. First people whine about not having the ability to custom tune, then you try to help by giving them more options and they come back and whine because you won't tell them which options to use.......:what:

Here is a great graphic example of the advatage I have been able to obtain through testing with the SSR.

TNT-Race in blue, SSR in red.

As you can see by the values at the cursor, at the begining of the meat of the power band (2900 rpm) I have been able to produce a 235 hp increase. This shows why I have been able to decrease track times considerably!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• TNTR - SSR compare.jpg
    TNTR - SSR compare.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 0
Here is a great graphic example of the advatage I have been able to obtain through testing with the SSR.

TNT-Race in blue, SSR in red.

As you can see by the values at the cursor, at the begining of the meat of the power band (2900 rpm) I have been able to produce a 235 hp increase. This shows why I have been able to decrease track times considerably!!

attachment.php

Not to mention being able to fuel to 4000 RPMs! You're over 800hp (withing 14hp of your peak) for almost 1000 RPMS...looks good!

Not to mention being able to fuel to 4000 RPMs! You're over 800hp (withing 14hp of your peak) for almost 1000 RPMS...looks good!

He's nowere near 4000. Defueling at 3700, 100 more the the norm. Id like too see more detail on the rpm scale. The tail end looks like other graphs.

It is not "defueling". I only ran it to 3700.

And exactly what would you do with "more detail"? :rolleyes:

Had you not let off the throttle at 3700 and tried to pull to 4000, the more detail should make it easier to see exactly where the power changes in rpm's. I'm still curious as to this 3600rpm drop most stock ECU's show. Tho, yours being an 03 motor is nice to see, but I think the problem is more in the 3 event motors then 2 event motors.

Stating the obvious here, but your not going beyond the rpm you'd never see on the track? Do you have a graph that shows to 4000?

The TNT-R line, where you just over fueling it a the beginning of the run or trying to make boost quickly, no choice due to the canned software? Was it WOT at 1400 when the graph starts? I'm assuming you're doing it identical to your best abilities in both programs. interesting to see the climb to 500hp is the same, just sooner with the SSR. In my limited experience, that's a direct result of how much boost you're making on the brake before your make your pull.

It's bad ass to see these stock ECU's making some decent power. Thanks Dockboy.

Last edited: