Any more news of Super Revo?

Going fast is one thing. Going fast and letting grandma drive it to church on Sunday as tame as stock truck, without a retune, is another. I'm personally tired of that egg under my throttle. I hope this works out for both sides. It means we all can have our damn expensive cake and eat it too, finally.

My wife drives my truck to work on the same tune I use on the track.......oh wait I have a 6.7. My badLOL

Going fast is one thing. Going fast and letting grandma drive it to church on Sunday as tame as stock truck, without a retune, is another. I'm personally tired of that egg under my throttle. I hope this works out for both sides. It means we all can have our damn expensive cake and eat it too, finally.

Both mine and Arons trucks are daily driven on the same tunes that go to the track. Fuel mileage is awesome on both. Both trucks can be driven anywhere, anytime, by anyone. I cant imagine either truck being better than they are on the street and run the times they do with what mods they have as they do right now. But Marco says it can be better. And if he said it, I believe it.

Both mine and Arons trucks are daily driven on the same tunes that go to the track. Fuel mileage is awesome on both. Both trucks can be driven anywhere, anytime, by anyone. I cant imagine either truck being better than they are on the street and run the times they do with what mods they have as they do right now. But Marco says it can be better. And if he said it, I believe it.

I don't have an SSR. I hear that helps.

However, TNTR + whatever the heck I have. The throttle is so freaking hair trigger under 45mph it's not all that fun to drive with traffic and not "be that slow as guy taking off like a damn turtle" so I don't smoke or spin the tires.

Not sure if the manual trans aspect doesn't help or what. Bottom line, I like what JoeSixPack has, a real MAP based tune. No boost, no fuel. Is that the case now up until the MAP sensors max reading? If your Making 44psi, you're not driving with the speed of traffic empty.. LOL

I don't have an SSR. I hear that helps.

However, TNTR + whatever the heck I have. The throttle is so freaking hair trigger under 45mph it's not all that fun to drive with traffic and not "be that slow as guy taking off like a damn turtle" so I don't smoke or spin the tires.

Not sure if the manual trans aspect doesn't help or what. Bottom line, I like what JoeSixPack has, a real MAP based tune. No boost, no fuel. Is that the case now up until the MAP sensors max reading? If your Making 44psi, you're not driving with the speed of traffic empty.. LOL

if you don't have your torque management on stock, you're doing it wrong :eek:

Im still running tntr. havent had a chance to play with SSR yet. The 6 speed definately makes the throttle response a little more touchy.

Boost referencing is not the total answer. The better the cam, the more porting on the head, and how much air the turbos will move, would really make the truck touchy. Picture holding the throttle steady, and then as the boost built the truck kept picking up speed.

I have daily driven my 05 using the TNT/R for the last couple of years. About the most I usually change on it, is the shift defuel, because Patty likes the comfort of knowing what gear she is in when she drives it. Then again sometimes I leave the shift defuel on when I race if the traction is limited.

I'm running the SSR now, and yes the driveability is improved. The low level settings allow me to adjust the fuel settings to how my engine breaths. I can also make it as responsive to throttle input as I like. The high level settings just plain make hp. I'm very impressed with those gains.

End result though is, that you have a couple of inches of pedal movement to go from (in my case) 0-1000 hp. With the SSR I can adjust how I want that pedal movement to control the hp. I can have it do it in a linear fasion, or be soft on the bottom, and then come on strong at the top. With the converter, cam, head work, and turbos I have, I'm almost always a second or so away from exceeding what the stock map sensor will read.

Paul

Marco emailed this to me and asked that I share it with compd.

He did some HL Timing dyno testing.. Here it is.

c8c68b0c.jpg

Btw... Forgot to mention.

This is to show that you can go to far with timing and lose power, as well as not have enough..

Dyno is needed to dial it in.. This is the main point he wants to get across

Thanks Dave for getting this pic on here for me!

OK, let's see...
The doted lines are the HP ones, the straight lines are torque.
PLEASE give them a close look!

First of all, these graphs differ ( power wise ) from the older ones because I have just replaced the nozzles with taller ones. Being that I'm still on the stock CP3 I have not gained any power but LOST power! That's due to the fact that the stock CP3 is just maxed out. @ 3500 RPM the RP is down to 22K!

Anyway, what I'm wanting to show you is not the max number but what happens when the timing is over advanced. Before you ask, nope there's no typo! The HLT's indicate exactly the power they belong to!

I have done 3 runs for each HLT. Except for the # 40. That one I have repeated only twice because I was affraid for my engine. I have waited about 20 minutes between each run to get the heat soak out of the engine.
The graphs I took were the middle ones. The difference between the best and to worst run is in the 5 Hp range anyway.

Now if you look at the Graphs you'll see that some power was gained going from HLT 20 to 30. HUGH power was lost stepping up from HLT # 30 to HLT # 40.

If I was on the dyno for the first time with my truck, I would then step down to HLT # 35 and see how that goes. Then decide if I need more or less timing.

Now to come to the point. As you can see, as the timing is raised, "some" power is gained. After a certain point, advancing the timing further the power loss is hugh.

I let you immagine how happy the engine is with an over advanced timing.
On the dyno the engine still sounded good with HLT # 40! BUT what was going on in the cylinders??? With too much timing the result will be only one:
BANG!

Now keep one last thing in mind. The difference in timing advance between # 20 and # 30 and then between # 30 and # 40 is exaclty the same. The first one provides the performance we're seeking for , the second one will hurt you in no time.

OK?

Thanks,

Marco

TNT/R Timing #4, just about any software, I can still rattle the crap outa the injectors if I get to just a hair too aggressive with the throttle. At this point there's no way to dial even less timing out.

Does seem to pick up and drive better vs timing 3 or 2. I have yet to get to a dyno since I've solved my fuel delivery problems last fall, I'm waiting for the snow to melt, temps near 60 and winter fuel mostly flushed out.

But my point still hasn't changed. the TNT software has been and will always be a pain in the butt to drive, unless I take everything back to stock. I hope this new box helps folks....

ha, I have mine on timing level 4 and torque management to stock to try to limit low level rattle fuel, you can tell its pulling out fuel, takes the low end punch right out tho. Kinda sux but at least it lowers the rattle somewhat.

I'm DD my 700hp tune on POD 60, and it drives VERY nice. Easy smoke control and zero rattle, but I've got a custom tune from when Marco was so kind to come to our shop and tune us.

We've played with SSR for a few months and we have always made more power than TNTr and with SSRs ability to custom tune the fueling, we can make more power with better driving manners.

When SSR comes out, there will be nothing but happy people.

Marco has always done excellent work, and never releases a product unless it's perfect!!!

It's been a while coming with more time on the horizon to wait, but in the end, I have zero doubt all drivers will be satisfied!!

Thanks
Les

Les, did your truck ever rattle before the SSR and then you were able to make it go away by changing the programming ?

Les, did your truck ever rattle before the SSR and then you were able to make it go away by changing the programming ?

Mine in particular...no. I have SSR tuned a early 04 with small nozzles that rattled like crazy, but with SSR it's all but gone, some with timing but most was removed with LLD. Seemed to be a fuel knock more than timing rattle.

Also tuned a truck with 180hp injectors that had a HEAVY fuel knock under load (especially on the dyno) and again duration on the LL side played a key role in reduction of the rattle.

I've been able to tune that particular truck from a smokey rattely, pain in the arse to drive to a mild mannered, fairly clean and quiet 800hp sled puller.

All with SSR....

Thanks
Les