Any more news of Super Revo?

Those of you thinking about EFI Live, here is some food for thought. In Brandenton, Seth Sullivan had a stand alone ecm(Bosch I think) controlling his 6.7 engine, which was in a single cab 4wd 2nd gen truck weighing in close to 6000 lbs. It was running 10.70s. (seth, correct me on any of this if I am mistaken). This truck was also backed by Scheid Diesel and it had the best of the best in it from front to back Im sure. Now take Arons truck, its a 4 door 4wd 3rd gen weighing 6700 lbs. It still has the 6.7 shortblock that came in it from the factory, Stock camshaft and cracked cap rods also. Its never been out of the truck. It also ran a small 66mm true 2.6 turbo and small injectors(flux 3.5s). With Marco's tuning, this truck ran 10.90s, only 2 tenths slower that Seths. And this is just the beginning of the 6.7 tuning from Marco. This was the first custom tune he had done I think. So here is my thought, if Marco can make Arons truck run that close to a much lighter truck with a Bosch ecm (which costs about half what a new truck costs by the way), how do you really think EFI Live is gonna do against Marco's tuning. It doesnt look good to me.

Those of you thinking about EFI Live, here is some food for thought. In Brandenton, Seth Sullivan had a stand alone ecm(Bosch I think) controlling his 6.7 engine, which was in a single cab 4wd 2nd gen truck weighing in close to 6000 lbs. It was running 10.70s. (seth, correct me on any of this if I am mistaken). This truck was also backed by Scheid Diesel and it had the best of the best in it from front to back Im sure. Now take Arons truck, its a 4 door 4wd 3rd gen weighing 6700 lbs. It still has the 6.7 shortblock that came in it from the factory, Stock camshaft and cracked cap rods also. Its never been out of the truck. It also ran a small 66mm true 2.6 turbo and small injectors(flux 3.5s). With Marco's tuning, this truck ran 10.90s, only 2 tenths slower that Seths. And this is just the beginning of the 6.7 tuning from Marco. This was the first custom tune he had done I think. So here is my thought, if Marco can make Arons truck run that close to a much lighter truck with a Bosch ecm (which costs about half what a new truck costs by the way), how do you really think EFI Live is gonna do against Marco's tuning. It doesnt look good to me.

Um, the 2.6 charger isn't the next new big charger. Shouldn't be to hard to get the most out of a 2.6 with any sort of programming. In fact, stock programming and correctly sized nozzles and pumps can do rather well.

Now, lets see who's software approach can light a single 80mm charger on the street, smoke free and keep up with day to day traffic on a 100degree 80% humidity day. :) THAT right there will be impressive.

My Dr P pressure box has also been removed. The smarty is WAY better at rp than the pressure box was.

X2
not to mention I have zero injector rattle anymore and then my foot isnt in it my fuel economy seems to better than it has been since my truck was new.

I am psyched to see all the no rattle comments, fire up the chant, release date release date !

Now, lets see who's software approach can light a single 80mm charger on the street, smoke free and keep up with day to day traffic on a 100degree 80% humidity day. :) THAT right there will be impressive.

You are a Douche Bag:doh:

You are a Douche Bag:doh:

It's funny when you don't agree with someone you result to name calling. :)

Stock software with my 2.6 and 110% tips over runs surprisingly well once I got the second cp3 on top. Granted it's not as over all fast, but drives very well. run smoke free very well WOT considering. It's not making a billion hp tho, that's obvious. That leads me to believe that with proper hard changes, you can light and run a 2.6 charger fairly easily.

With the small charger, I suspect the software advantage isn't going to be as big as everyone thinks. standalone, EFI or smarty "powered"

Last edited:
Um, the 2.6 charger isn't the next new big charger. Shouldn't be to hard to get the most out of a 2.6 with any sort of programming. In fact, stock programming and correctly sized nozzles and pumps can do rather well.

:hehe: :hehe: Do you think every 2.6 charger that was used was a 66mm?

you really can't be that ignorant can you? how many guys run a PPE handheld vs. EFI Live for the Duramax? The percentage I suspect will be similar for the CR's once EFI Live is released. Also just because someone has a stand alone doesn't ANYTHING! you have to know what you're doing to gain substantial results, but you knew that already right?

:hehe: :hehe: Do you think every 2.6 charger that was used was a 66mm?

No. of course not on the track.

how many daily driven +3.0 trucks do you know can run around with out pooring soot out the back keeping up with traffic that's a Cummins, how many 2.6 (true 2.6) cummins trucks do?

SW 7 or 9, I don't think my truck can keep up with my golf with out soot all over the place. near sw 3 or stock, yeah with some puffs on shifts. The few 2.8 trucks up here I highly doubt are any better.

Last edited:
Also just because someone has a stand alone doesn't ANYTHING! you have to know what you're doing to gain substantial results

I'll be sure to pass along to Andrew, the Bosch Engineer, and Cody at Schieds that you question thier tuning abilities:poke::hehe:

I'm not the idiot talking about trying to run an 80 mm single on a street truck:doh:

There you go again. Chatting about constructive ideas and you need to open your trap with useless posts.

We have yet to see what some of these creative folks can do with the new software. Just you watch, huge singles will drive like near stock chargers sooner then we all think.

man you all have reported great fuel milage with this ssr tuner, I think I'm sold, my truck is a 04, co efi live is a ways off for me. and my new injectors are ready to be installed, don't want alot of smoke. blacksdieselhp how did you have it set to get the 24 mpg on your 06.

We have yet to see what some of these creative folks can do with the new software. Just you watch, huge singles will drive like near stock chargers sooner then we all think.

I'm not sure how large your talkin Jason, but NO programming in the world is going to over come the laws of physics with Huge wheels! I don't see anyone spooling an 80mm turbo "Like a stocker", no matter what..

Inersia !!

I'll be sure to pass along to Andrew, the Bosch Engineer, and Cody at Schieds that you question thier tuning abilities:poke::hehe:

That's what I was thinking. My box tuner did just fine against some trucks that were custom tuning after every pass. Sometimes so many options can cause people to overthink things. Not that the capability is awesome, just thinking outloud.

I'm not sure how large your talkin Jason, but NO programming in the world is going to over come the laws of physics with Huge wheels! I don't see anyone spooling an 80mm turbo "Like a stocker", no matter what..

Inersia !!

inertia :p

and more than just inertia is compressor efficiency. the compressor map is what it is.