Any more news of Super Revo?

That's good you gained horsepower in the curve, but you're down 43hp???? Or am I missing something???

I guess if haveing the most HP ment you were the fastest or could pull the furthest loosing peak HP would matter.

But in real life haveing the HP where you need it means alot more.

That's good you gained horsepower in the curve, but you're down 43hp???? Or am I missing something???

You must not be able to read. He dropped 40hp peak but also gained 4 tenths in the 1/4 mile. Meaning he dropped power but ran faster cause he gained power throughout the rpm band. That speaks volumes to the ability of the ssr.

if you truly look at it, the obviousness of the peak being short lived is crazy, from 107 mph to 112 mph. Ill take that ssr curve any day over something as peaky, and the way the power dropped off after it hit the peak, it flat stopped pulling, where ssr kept on going.

I guess people that want dyno queens or something would want that TNT run....people that want usable power will take that SSR run any day of the week.
Greg showed me that graph in Florida...I knew right then what tuning I wanted.

I guess if haveing the most HP ment you were the fastest or could pull the furthest loosing peak HP would matter.

But in real life haveing the HP where you need it means alot more.

I understand having the most hp doesn't mean you're the fastest, and you need hp where it matters, but I just wondered why he lost PEAK HP.

You must not be able to read. He dropped 40hp peak but also gained 4 tenths in the 1/4 mile. Meaning he dropped power but ran faster cause he gained power throughout the rpm band. That speaks volumes to the ability of the ssr.

No I can read just fine! I stated I seen the curve increased, but just wondered why the peak hp was down a bit. I guess I should have stated he lost 43 PEAK HP.

I guess people that want dyno queens or something would want that TNT run....people that want usable power will take that SSR run any day of the week.
Greg showed me that graph in Florida...I knew right then what tuning I wanted.

No, I don't necessarily want a dyno queen, but I guess seeing how this program is supposed to be so bad I wouldn't think any peak hp would be lost. Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked about this new programming and have already pre-ordered mine, I just figured you would get more overall hp as well, and I'm sure some people have.

No, I don't necessarily want a dyno queen, but I guess seeing how this program is supposed to be so bad I wouldn't think any peak hp would be lost. Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked about this new programming and have already pre-ordered mine, I just figured you would get more overall hp as well, and I'm sure some people have.

The graph comparison I posted earlier was how far I got with my first tuning session on the dyno (about 3 hrs.). When I get home tonight, I will post a comparison showing 3 graphs after more tuning (at least 6 more hrs. on the dyno and 25+ passes). TNT-Race, 1st SSR tuning, and lastest tuning.

Marco expressed this earlier in this thread and I think it is important to reiterate...

Dialing this tuning in takes A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT!!!!! If someone thinks they will just be able to buy the SSR, ask Joe Schmoe what his settings are and then Walla!, great running truck...They are mistaken!!:poke:

The graph comparison I posted earlier was how far I got with my first tuning session on the dyno (about 3 hrs.). When I get home tonight, I will post a comparison showing 3 graphs after more tuning (at least 6 more hrs. on the dyno and 25+ passes). TNT-Race, 1st SSR tuning, and lastest tuning.

Marco expressed this earlier in this thread and I think it is important to reiterate...

Dialing this tuning in takes A LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT!!!!! If someone thinks they will just be able to buy the SSR, ask Joe Schmoe what his settings are and then Walla!, great running truck...They are mistaken!!:poke:

I completely understand what you are saying about tuning. I was not here to knock your hp numbers by any mean, and I hope you didn't take it as that!!! Your numbers are very impressive to say the least!

I look forward to seeing your other graphs your have to see the improvement you have made.

I completely understand what you are saying about tuning. I was not here to knock your hp numbers by any mean, and I hope you didn't take it as that!!! Your numbers are very impressive to say the least!

I look forward to seeing your other graphs your have to see the improvement you have made.

I didn't take it as a knock! ;) Honestly, I could care less what the numbers are, only care about track times.

Below are the uncorrected numbers for 3 runs. The red (runfile_007) is TNT-Race on SW7 w/ MP-8 at 50%. The green (runfile_019) is SSR after my first test session. The blue (DYNORUN_024) is SSR after further testing. The cursor line is showing the difference in HP at 90 mph.

2430368030033715158S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:
good lord, 190 hp more at 90 mph ? saweet surprised you don't loose traction.

I take it the MP8 was not in use ?

Last edited:
That is nice looking graph there Dockboy.

Anyone have any graphs of single turbo's with the SSR?

hp graph still has me floored, but wondering if you happen to have the torque graph as well Gregg?

That's a VERY impressive gain in the curve! Do you happen to have a dyno chart with the rpms instead of mph? Overall, very impressive results!

hp graph still has me floored, but wondering if you happen to have the torque graph as well Gregg?

The TNT-Race file and first SSR session I didn't have the crank sensor hooked up so no tq for those.

Personally, I'm trying to decrease tq anyway, in other words make hp in the upper portion of the rpm band. My engine operates between 2700-3600 rpm. That is where I want to make HP. The TQ is just a mathmatical equation between the two. A big TQ number just means making HP down low where I don't need it.

But, for those that care, here are the TQ numbers for the latest SSR run.

2812832200033715158S600x600Q85.jpg

Been driving my truck around once a week or less, so going from the TDI to the truck you can defiantly feel more of the differences cuz they are all new.

Played around with software over the past 2 hours on the street. from 9, to 5, timing 4, 3, rail 1,2... Ya know, Dock's TNT graph does "feel" like my truck, runs like chit down low and makes decent power up to 100 for a moment and runs great well over 100. :( It's kinda weird..

Those of you thinking about EFI Live, here is some food for thought. In Brandenton, Seth Sullivan had a stand alone ecm(Bosch I think) controlling his 6.7 engine, which was in a single cab 4wd 2nd gen truck weighing in close to 6000 lbs. It was running 10.70s. (seth, correct me on any of this if I am mistaken). This truck was also backed by Scheid Diesel and it had the best of the best in it from front to back Im sure. Now take Arons truck, its a 4 door 4wd 3rd gen weighing 6700 lbs. It still has the 6.7 shortblock that came in it from the factory, Stock camshaft and cracked cap rods also. Its never been out of the truck. It also ran a small 66mm true 2.6 turbo and small injectors(flux 3.5s). With Marco's tuning, this truck ran 10.90s, only 2 tenths slower that Seths. And this is just the beginning of the 6.7 tuning from Marco. This was the first custom tune he had done I think. So here is my thought, if Marco can make Arons truck run that close to a much lighter truck with a Bosch ecm (which costs about half what a new truck costs by the way), how do you really think EFI Live is gonna do against Marco's tuning. It doesnt look good to me.

Ashley, are you sure scheid pickup is a 6.7? Looking at the pictures, it has a 5.9 head. Maybe it has a 6.7 block with a 5.9 head?