Any more news of Super Revo?

I guess I need to calibrate the S.O.T.P dyno then....

My SOTP meter is real sensitive. Believe me, more sensitive than most others. BUT it's not doing the job up to the point to be able to tell if there's a 30 Hp difference @ 3700 Rpm when the truck already makes 600 ponies or more at that point.

A good SOTP meter is important for the low load range, useless for all High load settings.

Marco

My SOTP meter is real sensitive. Believe me, more sensitive than most others. BUT it's not doing the job up to the point to be able to tell if there's a 30 Hp difference @ 3700 Rpm when the truck already makes 600 ponies or more at that point.

A good SOTP meter is important for the low load range, useless for all High load settings.

Marco
Well I am anxiously awaiting getting busy tuning it...

Marco will it be alright to dd at the the settings you gave close to sw7? I was also going to start with those values as well on the dyno.

I've been running the TNT/R since 2008, with over 300 1/4 mile passes. When I first installed the SSR I was instantly impressed. I've been running it for quite awhile now, and last night I decided to reinstall the TNT/R for a comparsion. It stayed on for about 12 miles. The SSR is so much better. It takes some tuning time to get the full benefit from it, but it is well worth the time and money.

With the SSR you can tune it to be mild or a total brute. The range of adjustability is very wide. You can set up the power so that it is progressive throughout the throttle movement, or set it up so that most of the power comes on in the high load range. Tune it to be totally smoke free, or roll the coal. The choices are there.

Paul

Gang,
here's the link to the " Tuning Instructions " that come with every SSR.
http://www.madselectronics.com/downloadfiles/SSR_Tuning_Instructions.pdf

One little trick I did not mention while working on the HLT is....
The problem on the dyno is that often the engine is not fully loaded. Timing is in direct relationship to the boost build in the cylinder. Or in other words the heat during the compression stroke. K? Then hotter, then less timing...

Now what? Loose some power because we're not sure that the timing is too high for the track? Nope! Trick... Don't use a blower in front of the engine!
Don't cool the intercooler. Voilà trick done. This works one time and the next time too.... been there, done that.

Marco

Last edited:
Wow never thought of that. So don't use a fan to cool during tuning to better simulate driving conditions?
Thanks for the advice!

Congrats Marco and Bob on the release of a great and awesome new product!!

Can't wait to get my rag back together and on the dyno!

Meh. I've contributed to Bob's SRT8 fund.

:) Might as well see what all the hoopla's all about until EFI gets around to the 04's.