Banks Top Dragster final assembly**Spy Shots**

I recently had an order of unobtanium stolen I was planning on using to power the ranger!!!!!??????

We were initially planning on using a modified Miller-cycle to make use of all the hot gas that pumps out of Comp D, but your output isn't constant enough. :kick:

I think that deserves a:

Misc-OhSnap.jpg

Is it going to be a true diesel only racer or will N20 be used?

The fuel setup will be based on the S-10's configuration. The black box, in the second picture, with the "BankSpeed" sticker is our nitrous controller.

The guys got "a little" more work done on the rail:

A little more wiring:
P1020275.jpg

P1020272.jpg

Fuel pumps are on!:
P1020269.jpg

P1020268.jpg

I'll take this opertunity to point out that all the brackets, water neck, and the support sheet metal work the guys in the race shop have to make. These aren't "off the shelf" parts by any means. Good job guys!

better put a little bit of a rush on this thing you have 3 weeks to get it together and tested. looks good so far though

Wow. Gotta be ATLEAST like $50k tied up in that thing!

:hehe:

Looking good guys. Cant wait to see it in Bowling Green.

That is one clean looking build, I for one can't wait to see it in person at TS :rockwoot:

Are these old photos? Or did it get disassembled after SEMA?

These were taken from Monday-Thursday this week. The engine and the rest of the assembly at SEMA were mockups only. Since then the guys have been test fitting parts, planning out where everything will go, building the engine and so forth. When Big Thumper says there's "lots and lots and lots of time and detail work" he really REALLY means it.

Very nice work.
Tell everyone we're looking forward to seeing them in Bowling Green again.

Back