Billet Rods

All we would need to do is put a load cell in the chain during a pull.

It would clearly show that even though the sled weighs 40k lbs mass, the force in the chain when coming off the line is MUCH less than 40k lbs-force. .

Uh Matt? Whoever said it took 40,000 pounds of force to move a sled?

i am both a drag racer and a long time puller

I can tell you without a doubt that at mid track when that sled hits you , there is no comparison to anything drag racin at mid track.

Anytime you think dirt is easy on a truck - watch red clay grab a tire and suck it down like glue, or on a hard clay track watch the four tires smoke for 300'

I've seen fifteen trucks line up and fifteen of em break right off the line the clay was sooo tough

Show me a race truck that corkscrews the driveshaft outa their truck at the end of a run like most pullers have at the end of thiers

thers an old sayin - pullers are racers who got too old n smart to go fast

Put a set of slicks on any decent pull truck, take the added weight off of it and it will compete very well with any drag truck - and not break

You can argue the two venues all year - and each will beleive what they wish
what you have to remember about the driveshaft deal is that there is so much gear reduction and thats what brakes the parts. take all that reduction and throw it out the window. take a stock 3.42 gear rear end and make believe it would all hold together and not expload on the sled track. would you still have the monster torque you speak of to corkscrew a driveline at the end of the track or would you snuff the chargers too soon beacuse that stock gearing would actually put more of a load on the engine than the reduction unit would?

let me ask you this sledpuller, what would happen if you left pulling the sled at full power and full boost instead of coming up slow? probably brake something. now imagine 1200 or more hp, coming off the line at FULL power, FULL BOOST, and the tires not spinning much at all? you cant tell me there is no load there.

I never said there was no load there.

Are you thick headed, son? Or have trouble with reading comp? Have you been reading my posts? because you keep asking the same questions.

For the record, I always left the line wide open hooked to the sled, the Mods cannot as their clutches come in and force them to move, I better not even go there, it will confuse you even more.

I never said there was no load there.

Are you thick headed, son? Or have trouble with reading comp? Have you been reading my posts? because you keep asking the same questions.

For the record, I always left the line wide open hooked to the sled, the Mods cannot as their clutches come in and force them to move, I better not even go there, it will confuse you even more.

we are on the same page now after i went back and read most of the first arguments that i missed lol. now answer this quick question as it just popped up and i am truely asking because i dont know not to be a smart ass

what you have to remember about the driveshaft deal is that there is so much gear reduction and thats what brakes the parts. take all that reduction and throw it out the window. take a stock 3.42 gear rear end and make believe it would all hold together and not expload on the sled track. would you still have the monster torque you speak of to corkscrew a driveline at the end of the track or would you snuff the chargers too soon beacuse that stock gearing would actually put more of a load on the engine than the reduction unit would?

Could some math wizard figure out how hard it would be to drag a plate of steel 7 feet x 14 feet with 18,000 lbs sitting on it and add in the friction of steel on dirt(I think 18,000 is the weight in our box but id have to count for sure) Look at some of the tight power tracks around here, Mercer Raceway, Jefferson Twp, and Goshen, not the big time spinning like Stoneboro, Yankee Lake, or Crawford Co. Drag trucks do go under high stress loads at the launch, with a lighten truck. Take the same truck load it to 8000 hell hang weights up front and launch it the same way.:badidea: Launching a 6500-7000 lb truck is different than 8000 with rolling weight of the sled hooked to you.

We need to have a drink, Im going to a shot of JD....

already ahead of you, just popped the cap on a bottle of crown and a bottle of pendleton
cc.jpg

This han't gone away Steve, admit you lost the argument.

You have yet to show anyone where you dreamed up this one from. There is NO sled operator that will confirm these stupid numbers. Sleds weigh from 20,000 - 22,000 lbs. as the weight transfers forward they simulate a dragging weight of up to 40,000 lbs. Now that's only if the weight box is full and it travels to the full forward condition. My answer to your stupid claim was

Your real good at making claims that you are the expert at Sled Pulling and know everything about it but you do not even know what really goes on.

Maybe you just really do not know. All I did was to contact a few sled owner/operators to find out and it wasn't very hard to do. The numbers you spewed seemed very high to me so I checked it out. Turns out they told me they needed to worry about the weight for the weigh scales over the road when getting from event to event with the sled, trailer, weights and tractor.

From Rodger Lowery as of 9:00 this AM:
"Our sleds weigh 28,000 empty,we can add an extra 30,000 (thats 58,000 total)

For Diesel pickups we only bring 12,000 to add, depending on the track."

I have never seen a sled with no weight in it, on Diesel trucks. Work Stock, I have seen 2 weights (4000 #) which would give us 32,000, and then we add weight almost every class- up to 40,000.

Lowerys own state of the art pulling sleds that that everybody who pulls on this site as hooked to I would expect.

The sleds we use in Missouri that I know personally are
MeanGreane tow weight is 32.000lb don't have a cab
Xfactor Red sled tow Wt. 35.000lb
Xfactor Blue sled tow wt. 35.000lb
The old Bush sled is about 30.000lb
when thes sled are pulling the SS diesel they will put 8.000lb in the box and for the mods like Haisley and Schied they will put a 2.000lb on top of the 8.000lb for grand total of
43.000 to 45.000lb I called and talked to all of these sled owner this mornning.
So I have come to think that MR.Diesel Tec don't know a Da-- thing about pulling sleds and pulling in general.
My brother and I use to own one and know that these sleds also have other gadgets to help stop these truck besides weight.

Sleddy if you were to sit down and read what I wrote when it was written you could see how stupid you really look. I placed a post back a few pages ago (#128) with what I said and what you said. Since that time all you have done is run at the mouth and tried your best to say things I didn't say. You have no answers and could not figure you way through any of the simple questions I've posed for you through out this thread. Let's see some answers instead of you calling everyone names. Then once you answer #128 how about #134, #136, #148, #202

So far you've made sure that everyone now knows you do not understand any basic math and how us people who do are supposed to be stupid. You do not understand anything about the load at the back of the crankshaft which is what the engine does as you do not understand anything about what gear reduction does for torque output and reflected loads.

Apology accepted Steve.

However, you ain't twisting your way out of it. You don't have a clue about a sled, the pull, or the trucks, but nice try!!!

Go educate yourself on sled pulling and come back at the end of the year.