Billet Rods

I have to admit this is very interesting reading. I know it's a lot of peoples favorite past time to argue with Sleddy, but he does have some very legit question(s). The conditions that sled pulling puts on the engine/drivetrain are different. Turning this into a which is harder on the equipment discussion takes away from what the real concerns are, and is more like who can piss higher up a tree.

I have ~1700 1/4 mile passes on my 02. Most of these passes are in the 12 second range. Do I think I could have made 1700 sled pulls? Nope, don't think so, and I'm not going to try it either! Even though my trucks are setup for drag racing, doesn't mean that I don't pay attention to what the sled pullers are breaking, and what they are doing to fix the problems.

Paul

I'm a dmax guy and no almost nothing about pulling truck. How exacty do you make a 1900 hp engine. What exactly is a sigma? It my understanding you can not use nitrous in sled pulling correct? So these engines have to be #2 only with maybe h20 injection? Where can I go to see a 1900 hp dyno run, are there any posted in U tube or somewhere?

How exacty do you make a 1900 hp engine. What exactly is a sigma? It my understanding you can not use nitrous in sled pulling correct? So these engines have to be #2 only with maybe h20 injection?

More fuel more air more rpm. The trick is keeping the engine together under all those conditions. I doubt many will tell you much, has they are hard won$$$$ secrets.
Correct, no nitrous.

Sigma injection pump, arguably "THE" injection pump to have for absolute maximum proper fuel delivery. The leading pump for decades on tractors.

More fuel more air more rpm. The trick is keeping the engine together under all those conditions. I doubt many will tell you much, has they are hard won$$$$ secrets.
Correct, no nitrous.

Sigma injection pump, arguably "THE" injection pump to have for absolute maximum proper fuel delivery. The leading pump for decades on tractors.

X2! Very well said:thankyou2:

Lets see the dyno sheet.

1450 is still short of the 1900 that we are talking about from a mod truck.

again please go back and RE READ my statement. i am agreeing with sleddy. DRAG RACERS ARE NOT AT THE SLED PULLERS HP LEVEL:bang:bang:bang

again please go back and RE READ my statement. i am agreeing with sleddy. DRAG RACERS ARE NOT AT THE SLED PULLERS HP LEVEL:bang:bang:bang
I have been reading your posts and they are pretty acurate.I by no means was bashing drag racers and as I said before they have their own issues.And as well as my own truck there is no way to make that kind of power and still get it to spool without the 40,000#s and all the time in the world sitting there to spool it.I know you did not disagree with me,Im just backing up what you are saying.

I have been reading your posts and they are pretty acurate.I by no means was bashing drag racers and as I said before they have their own issues.And as well as my own truck there is no way to make that kind of power and still get it to spool without the 40,000#s and all the time in the world sitting there to spool it.I know you did not disagree with me,Im just backing up what you are saying.

thank you very much. i was referring to jarodglover. last 2 of his post seems to me as if i am dissagreing with everyone lol.

you guys got it all wrong!!!!!! It's dynoing that is the hardest on the engine!!!!!! LOL jk great thread to read.

correct. the highest number i have seen on a drag truck is 1450 from werner. havent seen Ts numbers nor will i see Smiths numbers but i can assure you they are not at the level of hp as the big mod pullers. yes jimmy smith does have a scheid motor but i am pretty sure it dont have a sigma nor all the other goodies the big mod pullers have. no way a drag race diesel truck is at 1900hp level or morel

thank you very much. i was referring to jarodglover. last 2 of his post seems to me as if i am dissagreing with everyone lol.

Eric My posts we referring to the fact that you claim 1450 hp but refer us to a dyno sheet of only 1000 hp.

Correct, no nitrous.

I like this post....

:poke::evil

how about i will do that as soon as you how me a 1900hp dyno sheet.

Back in the day, when some paper tiger hero finally broke 1000 Hp on a dyno, I literally begged Dan Scheid to release his dyno sheets from a few years before that, that were over 1000.

He just laughed and kept on winning.

Back in the day, when some paper tiger hero finally broke 1000 Hp on a dyno, I literally begged Dan Scheid to release his dyno sheets from a few years before that, that were over 1000.

He just laughed and kept on winning.

i totally agree with you. alot of people say stuff about how there is so much secrecy in the diesel world and its true. i tell you what, if i had a mod motor that was making 1900hp to 2000 hp and people wanted to know my setup, i would say kiss my ass. if everyone knew your secrets everyone would have a 1900hp cummins.

i totally agree with you. alot of people say stuff about how there is so much secrecy in the diesel world and its true. i tell you what, if i had a mod motor that was making 1900hp to 2000 hp and people wanted to know my setup, i would say kiss my ass. if everyone knew your secrets everyone would have a 1900hp cummins.

I really don't give a rip how you set one up, I wouln't own a dodge if you gave it to me. I would like to see either a dyno sheet or video showing the screen of a cummins making 1900 hp. If it does, (and I'm assuming there is one) if it like Chris Werner's it a instant spice for just a second. I find it very hard to believe that there are pullers who are actually laying down and sustaining 1900 hp while pulling the sled. Someone show me some data.

I really don't give a rip how you set one up, I wouln't own a dodge if you gave it to me. I would like to see either a dyno sheet or video showing the screen of a cummins making 1900 hp. If it does, (and I'm assuming there is one) if it like Chris Werner's it a instant spice for just a second. I find it very hard to believe that there are pullers who are actually laying down and sustaining 1900 hp while pulling the sled. Someone show me some data.

ha ha i needed a good laugh. alll though you show me one powerstroke that makes more power than a cummins and i will bow down to you pal. Chris Werners dyno sheet was not a spike, flat solid hp. same thing with Rebs 1289hp run, same thing with Ericks 1138 fuel only run and on and on and on. you must not get out much to say that the big mod guys arent makin that much power. there are actually a couple trucks just a tad bit higher than that.

:hehe: WTF kinda of post is this? Are you serious? :bang

:hehe: WTF kinda of post is this? Are you serious? :bang

Not a joke son show me a dyno sheet, video something that proves there is a 5.9 cummins making sustained 1900 hp on #2. Also saw Chris' truck on the dyno and if you call about one second sustained than yeah it was sustained. Quick little burst, nothing sustained about it and it was many 100's of hp from 1900. And lots of :nos:

So, you run a 12.6 in an LBZ, and you don't believe Atley's truck has 1900, engine dyno proven horses??

Have fun with that!
Chris