Billet Rods

I find it very hard to believe that there are pullers who are actually laying down and sustaining 1900 hp while pulling the sled. Someone show me some data.

Guys he is from Oregon, he doesn't know any better, and I do not mean that in a bad way, he just has not been exposed to sled pulling power.

I dont blame him for asking for proof.

Not a joke son show me a dyno sheet, video something that proves there is a 5.9 cummins making sustained 1900 hp on #2. Also saw Chris' truck on the dyno and if you call about one second sustained than yeah it was sustained. Quick little burst, nothing sustained about it and it was many 100's of hp from 1900. And lots of :nos:

thats the most retarded thing i have heard in a while. look at a dynojet, there is basically no load. chris truck probably makes more power on the strip than the dyno because of the constant load. give me a brake. that quick little burst your talking about is held the entire time going down the strip.

Wellll my personal feelings on dynojet style dynos, is that little blip doesn't mean popola, because the Diesel TQ distorts it. But thats another thread!!
In fact, do a search, we have discussed this in length over the years.

Mine is not a popular opinion amongst the paper tigers.:hehe:

I really don't give a rip how you set one up, I wouln't own a dodge if you gave it to me. I would like to see either a dyno sheet or video showing the screen of a cummins making 1900 hp. If it does, (and I'm assuming there is one) if it like Chris Werner's it a instant spice for just a second. I find it very hard to believe that there are pullers who are actually laying down and sustaining 1900 hp while pulling the sled. Someone show me some data.

Subman, this article has the most information about a mod truck that I've seen put out on a national level: http://www.dieselpowermag.com/features/ford/0901dp_2008_ford_super_duty_cummins/index.html. I'm guessing we'll never see the actual dyno sheet, but it's printed in a national magazine and I'm guessing they did a bit of research on it first before they printed the numbers.

I'm not going to get into what Cory's motor does or doesnot make but here is the quote from the article "All of this adds up to an engine that Cory says turns 6,000 rpm and makes more than 1,900 horsepower"

It goes on to say this as well "Although no engine dynamometers are designed specifically for insane horsepower diesels" and I can tell you that this is false as I know Scheid's dyno will and so will ours here! We can handle 3000 Hp on ours and there are plenty of others out there that I'm sure will handle it.

I'm not going to get into what Cory's motor does or doesnot make but here is the quote from the article "All of this adds up to an engine that Cory says turns 6,000 rpm and makes more than 1,900 horsepower"

It goes on to say this as well "Although no engine dynamometers are designed specifically for insane horsepower diesels" and I can tell you that this is false as I know Scheid's dyno will and so will ours here! We can handle 3000 Hp on ours and there are plenty of others out there that I'm sure will handle it.
Are you calling them lyers?Im sure when you spend $60,000. on an engine it has been dynoed.For gods sake they built a spare billet block to have on hand.

Last edited:
Okay back on topic :hehe:

Steve, are your rods for the Cummins (H-Beam) a different design then your rods for the Duramx?

BBD

Of course he isn't- hes just trying to discredit him as he lost a rod sale. Look at Big Bad Dodges new sig.

Gene, your pretty observant :)

With that being said, I would like to recognize, thank, and welcome the newest member of team BigBadDodge and that would be “Woodruff Diesel” Thanks guy’s.

BBD

Gene, your pretty observant :)

With that being said, I would like to recognize, thank, and welcome the newest member of team BigBadDodge and that would be “Woodruff Diesel” Thanks guy’s.

BBD

You won't be disapointed....these rods are sweeeeeeet.......now....how about that billet block? $$$$$$$$$$

You won't be disapointed....these rods are sweeeeeeet.......now....how about that billet block? $$$$$$$$$$

If I was pulling out East I might consider it, but plans are a foot already so no billit block at this stage of the game. How about you billit comon rail :)

BBD

:badidea:
Not a joke son show me a dyno sheet, video something that proves there is a 5.9 cummins making sustained 1900 hp on #2.

Why would we do that ???....its easy to say that when it comes from people who are not coming up with the technology let alone fronting the bill for it. Maybe we should start an online auction to bid on the rights to see it for themselves.

Magazines......they are never wrong!

You're not helping.:bang:hehe: I know magazines get things wrong sometimes, but my point is, there have been a couple of mod trucks that have had some info made available. 170psi of air and 1600cc's of fuel add up to big power, regardless.

BBD, you going to any of the pulls in the NW this year? It'd be cool to get a chance to see how the new rods (and motor) work out for you.

So, you run a 12.6 in an LBZ, and you don't believe Atley's truck has 1900, engine dyno proven horses??

Have fun with that!
Chris

Don't know who you are junior and we are not talking about my daily driver truck. We are talking about a 1900 hp to the ground sled pulling Cummins. All I asking for someone to show me at least a dyno sheet. Or am I using too big of words your sonny.

thats the most retarded thing i have heard in a while. look at a dynojet, there is basically no load. chris truck probably makes more power on the strip than the dyno because of the constant load. give me a brake. that quick little burst your talking about is held the entire time going down the strip.

We are not talking Chris' truck, I know Chris' truck. We're talking aboout 1900 hp on #2. Any why wouldn't anyone want so see some proof of that. By the way, Chris' truck isn't that fast for the hp he makes on the dyno.

:badidea:

Why would we do that ???....its easy to say that when it comes from people who are not coming up with the technology let alone fronting the bill for it. Maybe we should start an online auction to bid on the rights to see it for themselves.

I've kind of bushwacked this thread and for that I appologize, but this seems to be a critical part of the billet rods discussion.

I don't want to know your technology, I just want some kind of proof of that statement. If it's real then I'm impressed but I read a lot of things in Diesel Magazines that I know for a fact are not true. I'm not impressed with any statement that says so in so spent $60,000 on an engine build. I've got a hell of a lot more than that invested in my race truck and it won't hit the track for another month, and it's out of my pocket, not some sponsor's. I appreciate that sled pullers have done some incredible things with their trucks. I just find it very difficult to believe a 5.9 liter engine can make that kind of hp on straight #2, 6000 rpm or not for any length of time. You can pm me with the info if you want. I just think it needs to be validated. That my last post on this. Would like to be able not to call BS on this.

Last edited:
I'm not sure you understand. You asked for a dyno sheet. Eric responded with a gentleman's version of "go fly a kite" because it really doesn't matter if you think it's true; it happened.

I'm not sure you understand. You asked for a dyno sheet. Eric responded with a gentleman's version of "go fly a kite" because it really doesn't matter if you think it's true; it happened.

And you were there? Or you just being a Toady?