California Events????

I think i'd like to see the J&H event stay J&H... nothing personal, but i wasn't 100% happy when it was J&H and NHRDA. the class split made everything funky and i ended up having to pay extra just to pull with the people i normally pull with.

That's the problem they really never merged!!! it was two oraginazation at the same place, and same time, with two set of rules there should have been one set of rules one teck etc....this would be merging, but some of these promoters don't want to play nice or meet other promoters half way for the betterment of the sport.

I'd like to see NADM add an event, not merge with an existing one.. that way we'll all have an extra event to go to..

I don't think NADM adds a lot of new events, like Gene said above, they like to get in on something that is just starting and help push it over the top they bring the sponsors, finacial backing, etc....correct me if I am wrong Gene :)

but if they are smart they'll do it up north where there are more pullers.

BBD

Scott, you are correct about wanting to build something out that way! Realize an event like Bakersfield costs around $35 thousand to put on even for one day! The track alone was $10,000 even though it was quoted at $5! We were able to put it on because of Bullydog and Diesel World as a major sponsor - they paid for the track. Because of the economy both companies did not commit this year and not enough local shops contributed. Sorry!

Let us propose our NADM affiliate program to local clubs, your name, your rules, everything stays the same except NADM helps with the purse monies in exchange for sponsors banners hung, NADM affiliate name and we help advertise the events for you.

Let us help you build your local events big and then we can come in and make it bigger when it gets to a good size - still with your local name on it!

NADM will be holding a National style event out in the west this year we just don't know where and when yet - looking at all angles out there.

Ron

Scott, you are correct about wanting to build something out that way! Realize an event like Bakersfield costs around $35 thousand to put on even for one day! The track alone was $10,000 even though it was quoted at $5! We were able to put it on because of Bullydog and Diesel World as a major sponsor - they paid for the track. Because of the economy both companies did not commit this year and not enough local shops contributed. Sorry!

How quickly they forget...100+ trucks, early in the season, on an "iffy" weather day and with the sledpullers waiting all day so that they could pull in a sand storm...!

Let us propose our NADM affiliate program to local clubs, your name, your rules, everything stays the same except NADM helps with the purse monies in exchange for sponsors banners hung, NADM affiliate name and we help advertise the events for you.

Let us help you build your local events big and then we can come in and make it bigger when it gets to a good size - still with your local name on it!

NADM will be holding a National style event out in the west this year we just don't know where and when yet - looking at all angles out there.

Ron

$.02

We didn't forget at all - as always stated the turnout of trucks and fans were quite good for a first year event! That is why we are looking for another location out west!

It's business and economics! That's why we are looking for a better solution - somewhere - any ideas? Make suggestions!

Got ya - you are right - Diesel World still is with us - we just need another company to kick in - any takers? PPE? TTS? Orange? We'll talk to anyone!:bow:

NADM would be glad to do a show with a local California shop sponsoring, say, someone like, TTS, for instance?

That was the biggest problem last year, the local shop support just wasn't there. Its a shame, too, because the racer turnout was HUGE.

That is pretty much what it takes for any organization to do a show. Local shop support,(if not a sponsorship, at LEAST purchase a booth) for two reasons, one, to help pay the bills to get the show started, and two, for advertising and their customer base.

The most successful Diesel events started out as customer appreciation shows. SDX, TS, J&H, etc.

Why more shops do not take advantage of a proven idea, I don't have a clue.

Was anyone asked? I know people would love to do it. When we knew about it, it the NADM drag races and so on. It wasn't the Crude Drags brought to you by _________ . I think NADM might have failed on trying to get local shop support. It was a new event and put on well, but i think that was the only part that was lacking.

Most of us like to attend Drags,Dyno and Sled Pulls all in one event. If she/he only sled pulls, it is still a great event to watch then pull when it is time.

The only one I know about this year is Nor-Cal Diesel Rally in Redding.

I'm talking to Sac. Raceway about doing a pull the same weekend as Fred Owens Truck Drags in 2010. This year is a no go for pulls.

J&H and Sonora are scheduled for the same weekend.

That sucks, why did J&H push there's back another week? Sonora has always been the 4th week in June, don't understand why the would do that and reduce the amount of pulls we can attend. Surley it's a mistake and they just didn't look at other schedules before going public with the date.

BBD

I'm sure something will be changed because they use Brian's sled at both events.
That sucks, why did J&H push there's back another week? Sonora has always been the 4th week in June, don't understand why the would do that and reduce the amount of pulls we can attend. Surley it's a mistake and they just didn't look at other schedules before going public with the date.

BBD

Sonora of 07, L&L used Cal-Poly sled. That was my first Sanora pull, when I got rearended by the sled.
I'm suprised Joel didn't remember. He pulls in Sonora. Here's hoping J&H changes there event.

Was anyone asked? I know people would love to do it. When we knew about it, it the NADM drag races and so on. It wasn't the Crude Drags brought to you by _________ . I think NADM might have failed on trying to get local shop support. It was a new event and put on well, but i think that was the only part that was lacking.

I spent a solid month emailing, calling and sending flyers to every shop in a four state area asking for help! No takers! Failed? I think we did our part!

Except for one - Guy Tripp - So Cal Diesel - super person, appreciated his help!

RK

Whats happening this year at the Tulare Ag Expo?Is there going to be 1/8 dirt drags or the dyno again?Or is it just tractor pulls this year?I know it's in between Feb 10th and 11th at 4:30 p.m.

Whats happening this year at the Tulare Ag Expo?Is there going to be 1/8 dirt drags or the dyno again?Or is it just tractor pulls this year?I know it's in between Feb 10th and 11th at 4:30 p.m.

I heard they are letting in about 10 diesel trucks to pull, never heard dirt drags!

BBD

I agree, We have the Kamloops convention that weekend. It's always the last full weekend in June. Most of us at LCD wont be able to make it this year. Bummer!

Oh ya, by the way, Our dyno event is next weekend 1/18/09