California Events????

I wonder how there new track will be, and if the sled is fixed up at all.

I too am very curious about this new venue, hopefully it has similar dirt to the Hills Ferry Raceway cuz that stuff hooked extremely well......gonna have to google it up and find out info.....

Joe

Nice Schedule, looks like this will be a good pulling year. Aside from no J&H This is a awseme schedule. New venues, 7 puling Ceres, Santa Rosa, Plymouth and Sacramento ( I will take credit for this. Altho this is no longer HTSPs event.) It will be a fun local pull.

OOPS!!!!!! Ceres is the same as Newnan. :bang
helps if I check L&L web site. I didn't know that Newman got moved to Ceres.

For the pull in Santa Rosa, what does "No Local Stock" mean? Does that mean they won't let Scott pull cuz he's a local??:hehe:

Joe

For the pull in Santa Rosa, what does "No Local Stock" mean? Does that mean they won't let Scott pull cuz he's a local??:hehe:

Joe

Now your just being silly Joe :)

That will be a huge crowd if it happens though, the fair has been pretty large but who knows what will hapen with econmy the way it is. I didn't se it listed on teh Fair web site but there site sucks though so maybe it will get added later.

BBD

This is copied form a post I put up on another site. I figured since this thread is titled CA events, this applied.

I assume this schedule is specific to the CSS series. Considering this is a diesel site, I feel the need to include the Antelope Valley Fair. This Pull is focused primarily on Diesel Pickups, although there will be some tractors as well. The date is Aug. 29, MLM sled, but the pull is put on by me. This year we are going to incorporate NADM rules in to the event for a couple of reasons. For one, the classes we are using, fit the trucks that attend the event, and secondly, I wanted to standardize the rules somewhat to eliminate some of the confusion and address the concerns of fairness.

Although none of this is inked in yet, here is the tentative plan.
Classes Based on NADM Rules - These are the paid classes.

Work Stock
2.6 Diesel
Super Street
Modified

Here is the good part. Don't hold me to this number, but as of right now, we should see at least a $4000 purse between these classes. Details are yet to come, but I can tell you that two of these classes will pay $800 ea. to win.
Again, I will have more positive details in the weeks to come, but things are shaping up good for this pull. This is a huge effort on the part of the fair and the others involved in putting on this pull, to expand this event. There are more good things to come which I will announce. Look forward to seeing everyone again.

Craig

We are going to incorporate NADM rules in to the event

That rocks, we need to lean that way more and more every year so that it will be easier to get trucks to the events they help with out this way :rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Great job Craig

BBD

Brians Sled for Antelpoe Vally Pull?????
This is going to be a stretch. Reno Nev. on Aug 28th then Antelpope Vally on Aug 29. Brian is good, he will be able to PULL this off.

NADM rules will be ok. BUT, if we use a local sled do we have to have a 4in hitch????? Most of us are using 3 1/2.

Any word on Napa Co fair or Solano co fair (Vallejo)??
I was unable to find anything. Probably still to early.

Brians Sled for Antelpoe Vally Pull?????
This is going to be a stretch. Reno Nev. on Aug 28th then Antelpope Vally on Aug 29. Brian is good, he will be able to PULL this off.

There will be a few of driving long hours that night :(

BBD

Any word on Napa Co fair or Solano co fair (Vallejo)??
I was unable to find anything. Probably still to early.

Did you go last year? tight quarters, pits way far away from track, the track was way short, and no crowd in sight. It would have to have change alot before we go back.

That's just my opion, other may have loved it.

BBD

I thought Sac. said "No way" to a sled pull, the same day as the Diesel Drag's??? Is this going to be a combined event like J&H, or more like NADM In Bakersfield?

We are trying to have an event on Sept. 19th. NHRDA will be doing the drags, we will have the dyno of course but still trying to figure out the sled. I really want a sled pull but we need to know some feed back if people would and could make it that late in the season. I will take any input you guys can give. Jeremy

Did you go last year? tight quarters, pits way far away from track, the track was way short, and no crowd in sight. It would have to have change alot before we go back.

That's just my opion, other may have loved it.

BBD

No, I was unable to attend. $$$$ and fanily issues.

I thought Sac. said "No way" to a sled pull, the same day as the Diesel Drag's??? Is this going to be a combined event like J&H, or more like NADM In Bakersfield?

Freds Drags are the week befor.
This is a stand a lone. Put on by the Sacramento Raceway and MLM.
I will be talking to Fred and all parties involved in hopes of doing a 2 day event in 2010. Sat. dyno and sled pull, and on sunday Freds Drags.
I just dont want to do all the leg work just to get #&%@! again.