Cam comparison

Thanks Greg - that's a real compliment from you! :Cheer:

Yes, we're taking the LazarSmith Special, even though I parked it at the shop on the way home from Redline & haven't had a moment to work out any of the bugs yet... but hey - that's what the pits are for (and working all night) huh? :tree:

We're bringing another couple of CRs as well, with an engine installation & tranny swap scheduled... but I have strict orders to just Crew-chief the wrench swinging, so I can concentrate on hob-knobbing with the CompD crew & getting the '05 through the traps w/o oiling down the track. :doh:

:hehe: Yes, badass - that was horribly wrong... you have a sick sense of humor! :kick:

Big stick

bs.jpg

Was that wrong?

"It's ALL good!!!"

I dont laugh much, but OMG. That is some funny stuff:hehe::hehe::hehe:

:kick:

Well, I said I was done posting but it is hard to ignore some of the misinformation in this thread. Greg, It looks like you have access to a cam doctor. This is a good way to check a profile but it does not account for valve lash and for variances in the valvetrain. Every time I post REAL data it gets lost in a blizzard of half truths and lies. Don we did that comparison using your helix 2 that was aquired 3 months ago, it is REAL. I know you have changed your profile to compete a little better, I wish you would just come out and say it. I have a mic and it works well, I did not mis-measure. Any comparison we do now would not be in-line with what a lot of people have in their trucks. Don, you say that you have posted data all along, but in the past so much of the data was not given.....................more half truths. I don't know how you retain customers with that much mis-information. BTW nice photoshop. Maybe somebody will play with the one of greg getting cozy with Gale Banks.

Zach

Well, I said I was done posting but it is hard to ignore some of the misinformation in this thread. Greg, It looks like you have access to a cam doctor. This is a good way to check a profile but it does not account for valve lash and for variances in the valvetrain. Every time I post REAL data it gets lost in a blizzard of half truths and lies. Don we did that comparison using your helix 2 that was aquired 3 months ago, it is REAL. I know you have changed your profile to compete a little better, I wish you would just come out and say it. I have a mic and it works well, I did not mis-measure. Any comparison we do now would not be in-line with what a lot of people have in their trucks. Don, you say that you have posted data all along, but in the past so much of the data was not given.....................more half truths. I don't know how you retain customers with that much mis-information. BTW nice photoshop. Maybe somebody will play with the one of greg getting cozy with Gale Banks.

Zach
Zack
Your a good sport , but while I'm enjoying the levity,
Your stick looks a little short , did you break it? LOL

Don retains customers because his products work!

No doubt, marginally however........on cams. As far as injectors are concerned, I have seen them lay down some clean power.

and the cam in the picture is a 4bt, Thanks for noticing. Is that all? No gay jokes. Ya'll guys are too nice. If I was photoshopping a picture of greg or don, or greg don and gale, I'm sure I could come up with something a little more degrading.

Last edited:
People get their panties in a wad around here when I go below the belt and then I get banned. Remember the young fat girls scare me... At least old heavyset woman had a lifetime to get there, Dirty Blond comment? I never heard so much crying by forum members and mods. I have to keep it PG these days...

Glad everyone is having fun.:hehe:

Good to see some numbers posted. We are going to do this. I want to show the members what the different grinds can do. Zach, you really should join us on this. Fletch is more than invited, as is anyone else manufacturing a cam profile available to the members.

I wish this comparison could have gone down a few months ago...

I tried to get an H2 for a buddies 95, but the guys at Bean's Diesel insisted we not use anything less than a billet H2 cam for a built 12mm p-pump, so we went with a Maxspool instead. No gripe against Don or his product, because I know a lot of guys run them and like them, but we couldn't justify $1200 for a billet cam in a street toy truck...if we snap the Maxspool we'll learn the hard way and replace it with a Billet helix.

If all continues on plan, a week from today I'll post up how the Maxspool runs in combination with a highly modded afc housing on a built p-pump with medium size injectors...hopefully the additional airflow and spool-up will compliment the well metered fueling more than it would by itself. The poor old truck is tore down to the block and head in our apartment garage...neighbors think we're nuts...once the cam comes in and charger is finished being built we'll post up any results

Back to the ranting :Cheer:

Back