Carbon Fiber Work

Since I have two dashes, I may try and cut out the area around the bezel and send it along with the overhead display piece

And ill just hold off on the entire dash till it can hitch a ride down

Since I have two dashes, I may try and cut out the area around the bezel and send it along with the overhead display piece

And ill just hold off on the entire dash till it can hitch a ride down

I made contact with another member who has an entire Gen II parts truck and he is about 3 hours from me so maybe we could use his dash instead shipping it from NY. But send what you can and we will get this project rolling.

Last edited:
the glare w/o the angle would probly be pretty bad sincwe its in the center of the dash..im okay wioth the pod

I WANT A CARBON FIBER DASH FOR LESS THAN 500 BUCKS! ..or a reasonable proxiity to 500 if possible at all sir thank u very much...

I would recommend a matte clear coat so there will be minimal glare. It does need to be top coated in something otherwise the UV rays will deteriorate the CF over time.

any pics of the carbon fiber dash?

Haven't started that project yet....soon, very soon! A dash is coming from NY and I have another complete truck coming from GA (gen II) to use to form up the molds...bumper, fenders, hood and grille…ect.

Oldskoolfab I for one am very glad that you came to this forum!!! With your expertise and products we can take this sport to the next level!! Thank you for all of your hard work!!!!!!

Oldskoolfab I for one am very glad that you came to this forum!!! With your expertise and products we can take this sport to the next level!! Thank you for all of your hard work!!!!!!

Thank you! I hope to bring something to this sport. This is by far the best forum I have been on and have met some really great people. As soon as I am able I will become a site sponsor so we can discuss things in more detail.

Met randy today and cant wait to see the work he is going to do. He is a really nice guy and i cant wait to see a finished product!
:rockwoot:

looked back at the CF stack... is there a metal adapter formed into the stack at the bottom for clamping/welding to the exhaust piping or is it 100% CF?

looked back at the CF stack... is there a metal adapter formed into the stack at the bottom for clamping/welding to the exhaust piping or is it 100% CF?

It is 100% Carbon Fiber. No liner, no sleeve just CF. The inlet is 5" and I used a 4" to 5" adapter and clamped it to the 4" main tube using seal clamps. I haven't needed to put a support bracket on the stack because it weighs less than 4 lbs (a steel stack weighs very close to 12 lbs).

I got to see randys carbon fiber stack in person today and the pictures dont do it justice. It looks awesome.

I got to see randys carbon fiber stack in person today and the pictures dont do it justice. It looks awesome.

Thanks for bringing me your truck Will, very excited to get started on it. I will post up pics as I go. Oh, it took some good scrubbing to get the soot off the kids faces...lol. pics on my FB page. For those wondering, while we where getting the truck off the trailer the kids got up in the bed of my truck to stay out of the way. When we got it done we heard an echo, looked up and my 5 year old had his entire head stuck in my stack talking into it. When he pulled his head out he had a black ring around his face...hilarious!

im excited for a CF hood would be sweet with the viper scoop (no rush or anything ) lol cant wait for some of your stuff

im excited for a CF hood would be sweet with the viper scoop (no rush or anything ) lol cant wait for some of your stuff

I'm excited as well...the hood variations are many however, the one in the R&D stages may be a cowl hood. Making the mold is the most labor intense part of the process. Can you post up some pictures of the Viper hood you are talking about? Like Vegas...anything is possible...

http://
srthood.jpg

but for us cool second gen guys

That is very cool. Syrupdawg is shipping me a hood in the near future to mold up, not sure if it will be similar to this one but will be cool as well.