Carbon Fiber Work

I'm excited as well...the hood variations are many however, the one in the R&D stages may be a cowl hood. Making the mold is the most labor intense part of the process. Can you post up some pictures of the Viper hood you are talking about? Like Vegas...anything is possible...
Do you have a idea of what a hood would run? Pm if needed.

I would recommend a matte clear coat so there will be minimal glare. It does need to be top coated in something otherwise the UV rays will deteriorate the CF over time.

yer the pro!

how do they make hoods and fenders that dont rot apart? ricers got all kindsa carbon crap...bikes as well...

im still holdingoff replaceing my dash til i see hwta yer offering man...cant be anything cooler than replacing that with carbon fiber

mine is an 02..the airbag model..not sure which one yer getting for a mold

yer the pro!

how do they make hoods and fenders that dont rot apart? ricers got all kindsa carbon crap...bikes as well...

im still holdingoff replaceing my dash til i see hwta yer offering man...cant be anything cooler than replacing that with carbon fiber

mine is an 02..the airbag model..not sure which one yer getting for a mold

Well I'm not really sure why those parts are rotting apart, my guess is that the resin being used is being broke down by UV rays (sun). Being exposed to the sun has the most damaging effect to CF that is why I only use epoxy resins and a polyurethane clear coat both of which have UV inhibitors built in. If you maintain your exposed CF by using a specifically designed wax that has UV inhibitors built in it (read the back label) I don't see why the part shouldn't last for a life time. The aircraft I work is 90% CF and although it has a polyurethane top coat, this ACFT is over 10 years old and I have yet to replace a panel/part due to rotting.

The dash issue is still being hashed out by me and a few other members on this forum. I do understand the dashes are all the same (please correct me if I'm wrong) from 94-02 with a design variation in 98. I don't honestly know what design or style of dash I will be receiving...I'm at the mercy of you all for I don't have any Dodge parts nor does the local salvage yards have any gen II trucks available. Please stay tuned as this issue is being worked.

94-97 dash is the style I have two of, 98-02 is a different style and for the most part will not work in the 94-97 trucks

It is safe to asume that owners of the 94-97 are having the most issues with the dash cracking?

not really..theyre all bad. just wanted to put it out there bout the airbag design in the newer models

Looks like two dashes will need to be done, anyone who has a 98-02 dash willing to donate let me know...

well id gladly if i could..but the one in the truck is beyond use and i just cant swing one to send ya..

Is the truck you're gettinga quad cab or regular? They have different doors quad cabs are square bottom regular/club cabs are round bottom.

I'm liking the idea of CF doors for a truck that needs to live in the midwest forever lol

I could also get a complete 98-02 dash for $50, but since its not for my application I will not get one until im sure it has a ride from NY to FL

Picked up a dash bezel yesterday before work, hoping to send it attached to a chunk of dash today

Is the truck you're gettinga quad cab or regular? They have different doors quad cabs are square bottom regular/club cabs are round bottom.

I'm liking the idea of CF doors for a truck that needs to live in the midwest forever lol

It is a regular cab and thank you for the information.

I could also get a complete 98-02 dash for $50, but since its not for my application I will not get one until im sure it has a ride from NY to FL

Picked up a dash bezel yesterday before work, hoping to send it attached to a chunk of dash today

That is a good price for a complete dash and hard to pass up but let’s stick to the 94-97 dashes for now. Can you get a firm shipping quote for me, if it's not too much trouble?

Ill have to call some shipping companies, ups would be 160 for the upper portion. They wont even give me a quote for the whole thing

Bring it over here to central Ohio and it will have a ride on the way to Gary's race.

Where abouts in Ohio bud?

Also I may be going to Savannah Georgia this year, but thats a while away

Last edited:
Ill have to call some shipping companies, ups would be 160 for the upper portion. They wont even give me a quote for the whole thing

the guy on ebay with the fiberglass ones was charging 100 to ship em and i thought that was padding it..holy crap...the thing dont wiegh 5 lbs..wtf

the guy on ebay with the fiberglass ones was charging 100 to ship em and i thought that was padding it..holy crap...the thing dont wiegh 5 lbs..wtf

They charge you for over 100 lbs because of the size, it sucks