Carbon Fiber Work

Also the 94-97 bezel is cheap unlike the 98-02 bezel, if people are spending the money on CF I think they would like to get rid of the cup holder just my 2 cents

The top part of the dash is screwed in from front and back.

You can see a little grey behind the black bezel in those pictures, this is part of the lower dash that I cut out to send along with the bezel to aid with fab.

Again for the guys wanting a dash or bezel for 98-02, the dash and bezel are very different from 94-97 style.

And the places I proposed gauges in the 94-97 bezel would only remove a useless cup holder and possibly an ash trey and od on/ off button, I bet there would be a market for at least the 3 gauge setup in the cup holder

Ok, I see what you mean. Not to get into details about this dash project but it would be nice to have it anyway you want it...just sayin.

Would it be easy enough to cover the cup holder and drill the holes afterwards, or does carbon fiber flake when you cut into it?

That would be the best way to go, I would cover everything that needs to be flat and then come back and drill the holes. CF won't flake but it will fray and splinter if you use a normal hole saw. I use diamond coated hole saws and have no problem. I also use those step drill bits to drill something up to a 1/2". Prior dash projects I've worked where a pain but I think it was the way I was doing it so I look forward to doing some truck dashes. It is hard to get CF to conform to the tight compound curves some dashes have.

That's really cool and good to hear Im excited to get this going

I thought this was all good to ship until I noticed a chunk of plastic missing above the steering column:nail:

sound check of the carbon fiber stack... and Dallas starting to say "It got verrrry dark in here"

it sounds pretty neat, a lot different than a metal stack thats for sure!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqSbhwCftak&context=C37c6f39ADOEgsToPDskKAUavq_V2qaOVswepvz8aj"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqSbhwCftak&context=C37c6f39ADOEgsToPDskKAUavq_V2qaOVswepvz8aj[/ame]

That does sound good, a lot louder than the steel, although you are in a building. Any problems fitting it up?

Randy, are you going to be making the stack in different sizes? I would need 4 inch inlet to whatever size. Could you PM me your number and I could call you sometime to discuss prices

Also, still interested in 3rd gen body panels, when you get a chance to start on those

Thanks

Kevin

PM sent...

As for the 3 Gen body panel, yes it is in my plans to do those as well. When? Oh geez, as soon as I get done with the 2nd Gen stuff which I'm guessing will be this summer some time.

While we are on the subject of time, I want to let everyone know that I will be going TDY Feb 9th through Mar 31st. It was suppose to be a three week trip but it got extended to seven. I know I don't need to apologize for having to go but I will because I know things need to get done. So if you are thinking about sending something my way, you may want to hold off until I get back. I will be in SoCal and have all the luxuries of home so I will be on the forum from time to time.

I finally got some free time to up load some pics of the latest project completed and awaiting testing. This is a 7" Wasp Carbon Fiber Weave hood stack. Sorry about the blurry pictures, I got a smudge on the lenses and didn't know it.

20120208117.jpg

20120208116.jpg

20120208115.jpg

20120208111.jpg

20120208110.jpg

^^That is BEAUTIFUL!!! Makes me want a stack again.

On another note, I want an OBS Ford body completely made of carbotanium. I am a bit crazyLOL.

Thank you!

I really enjoyed working with this weave, very tight and didn't distort at all when applied to the mold. It's for the guys at SC.

^^That is BEAUTIFUL!!! Makes me want a stack again.

On another note, I want an OBS Ford body completely made of carbotanium. I am a bit crazyLOL.

Thank you...sounds more like you want unitainium...lol. Fords are on the list too!

Unobtainium if you've got itLOL.

Pagani created it for their Zonda Cinque/R, maybe they'd help out with an OBS Ford...LOL.