Carbon Fiber Work

It's been a long time coming but a brutal test for the Carbon Fiber Exhaust stack finally is happening. I'm not there with hands on however, I've been told the stack is holding up just fine. This is an extreme condition for this stack because the vent tube has covered the entire stack holding in any heat that would under normal circumstances dissipate very quickly. Special thanks to Ron at SunCoast!

RonsProStreet.jpg

what resin are you using for those kinds of temps? Solvent resistant once cured?
Theres a lot of parts for these trucks Id like to see even in plain fiberglass.. like rockers and lower door skins. Sick of rot. =(
Damn that stack looks nice.

what resin are you using for those kinds of temps? Solvent resistant once cured?
Theres a lot of parts for these trucks Id like to see even in plain fiberglass.. like rockers and lower door skins. Sick of rot. =(
Damn that stack looks nice.

I won't divulge the exact type of resin I use but I will tell you it is an epoxy based resin specifically blended for high temps or higher temps. Dallas at SunCoast has a carbon fiber hood stack on his race truck but only ran two passes before the motor let go. So it will be some time before we really know how the hood stacks hold up to the heat. This resin is solvent resistant, I just finished up an engine part and it will be at TS on the truck for testing.

Thanks for the complement!

That's the plan Randy, Dmitri's supposed to be here Monday with the new motor (hopefully this one goes longer than 7 passes... LOL)

Here's a shot from the photoshoot yesterday with FlatBillPhil himself, there's not a chance in hell your getting this thing back from me, paypal invoice away! Can't wait for the roll pan... I'm literally drooling over that one!

32d32adb.jpg

Look for this guy at TS next weekend and check out Randy's work first hand!

06824016.jpg

That's the plan Randy, Dmitri's supposed to be here Monday with the new motor (hopefully this one goes longer than 7 passes... LOL)

Here's a shot from the photoshoot yesterday with FlatBillPhil himself, there's not a chance in hell your getting this thing back from me, paypal invoice away! Can't wait for the roll pan... I'm literally drooling over that one!

32d32adb.jpg

I figured as much...lol. that is so great picture!

I like how the flame throwing guy on the plane is like pointing at the truck saying "COME AT ME BRO!" lol...

I won't divulge the exact type of resin I use but I will tell you it is an epoxy based resin specifically blended for high temps or higher temps. Dallas at SunCoast has a carbon fiber hood stack on his race truck but only ran two passes before the motor let go. So it will be some time before we really know how the hood stacks hold up to the heat. This resin is solvent resistant, I just finished up an engine part and it will be at TS on the truck for testing.

Thanks for the complement!

Corrections to the statement I made on this quote:
1) Dallas' motor did not "let go", an injector nozzle came off locking up the motor.
2) The said engine component will not be at TS due to unforeseen set back...more to come.

Got hood stack?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bqGdVM4fNg&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bqGdVM4fNg&feature=plcp[/ame]

I stopped by and saw my roll pan mold Randy's making... can't wait!!!!!!!