Carbon Fiber Work

and i can almost guarantee ya the box wont be in very good shape if they can throw it...man that does suck

Yea I know what you mean, im convinced the only way to get it down to FL is a friend or member

Here's an update on the newest CF stack I’m doing…for those interested it weighs 3.22 lbs. (before the clear coat application). 7"x36" w/ a 5" inlet. Also, the CF stack I put in my truck is holding up fine.

Here's an update on the newest CF stack I’m doing…for those interested it weighs 3.22 lbs. (before the clear coat application). 7"x36" w/ a 5" inlet. Also, the CF stack I put in my truck is holding up fine.

Well when you put it outside the cab let us know how it does there too.. :lolly:

Only kidding.

Glad to see this working out good for ya! Post some pics of that 7"!!

288.jpg

you should give that to me for my drag truck... ill throw your phone number on the side of the truck!!

lol

This a sample of what's available, it is a CF Hybrid and very good looking fabric but it will darken up once the resin is infused. I have also post a picture of a part I did in red so you can see the end result.

RedCFHybrid.jpg

SSR.jpg

Just a little update on the dashes, I took the top portions off of both of them the dimensions are 65"x20"x12"

UPS and USPS would charge just over $90 to ship both

Those are just some placement ideas, the overdrive button would have to be relocated.

It will be perfect if Randy can get a 6 gauge setup to work, I could get rid of my pillars gauges all together then.

It's just an idea, but if your molding bezel's you can stretch the factory din and a half radio opening to a double din. If you can pull it off and they look pretty decent they will sell. You can't fit a decent DVD/navi in a second gen without hacking up a factory bezel. I would buy atleast one maybe two to fit 98.5-02.

Those are just some placement ideas, the overdrive button would have to be relocated.

It will be perfect if Randy can get a 6 gauge setup to work, I could get rid of my pillars gauges all together then.

Good rendering of what's going on...thank you. I do have some questions, in your first pic of the dash, does the outer piece come off the main dash? If it does, how is it attached? All this plays a part in how to move forward. It would really be nice if I could get an entire dash so I could mock up an exact fit. It also could be used to mock up for NAV systems like High Cotton mentioned.

im not really looking for all that...just the top of the dash that cracks out. and maybe he black piece that snaps on over the guages in front of the driver...all that other stuff is gonna make it not work for a stk replacement....carbon fiber is easily modded..make it stk and you guys hack it up all ya want..yer gonna lose yer markt for rep dashes in trade for a cpl one off customs...jus my thoughts

The top part of the dash is screwed in from front and back.

You can see a little grey behind the black bezel in those pictures, this is part of the lower dash that I cut out to send along with the bezel to aid with fab.

Again for the guys wanting a dash or bezel for 98-02, the dash and bezel are very different from 94-97 style.

And the places I proposed gauges in the 94-97 bezel would only remove a useless cup holder and possibly an ash trey and od on/ off button, I bet there would be a market for at least the 3 gauge setup in the cup holder