Compound turbo build and other updates

78d9404548d72960a29be1ba563fac9eda2a298f15fc2160cfd113bbaa6aba1d.jpg

I'm very serious. It might be 2500 2600 before it is at full boost. I've never had a setup come on so fast after it starts making boost.

I'm very serious. It might be 2500 2600 before it is at full boost. I've never had a setup come on so fast after it starts making boost.

I didn't quote you... :shake:

I don't doubt that at all, JSP's triple 80's are making 1500hp by 3000ish rpm...

Last edited:
For perspective, that turbine flow would be close to an F-trim turbine in a 1.00AR housing, and be equal to most 91-95mm compressors.

Anyone tried using both a internal gate and external at the same time? not sure if even necessary... but i do have the option

Great thread, thanks for keeping it going. I'm ready to hear the results of your new turbine housing. You have about tried them all.

Slow progress, haven't had much time to work on it. I'm ending up pretty much redoing everything again lol. I modified the manifold to put the secondary lower and going to put the primaries up top like most guys do.
4b0354581d500d737ee40ea98b210694.jpg

ae8da7a663fd52007e1d83d4ad9bfe67.jpg

Sent from phone

4802bba705bf2bf7b66aaf9669b301e5.jpg

Triple 63's complete. IC after secondary. Drive pressure quite a bit higher now, kinda expected that with the .7 housing on the manifold tho... Slightly better spool, but I guess 28* timing just ain't gonna be great below 2000 rpm... Really just need to step the TC stall up a notch.

Sent from phone

How does the overall power compare to the 66mm primaries?

Is overall boost pressure similar?

Power could be down a bit, hard to say. Much better response and less smoke cruising which is good. I have the gate dumping early right now to keep manifold boost at 65, going to drive the secondary a bit harder as long as drive pressure stays ok.

Sent from phone

Well after trying to spool up in this summer heat with high timing, I'm convinced I need a higher stall TC. Something that flash stalls higher than 1500 rpm...

Sent from phone

How does the overall power compare to the 66mm primaries?

Is overall boost pressure similar?

Power is definitely down which kinda sucks, not making as much boost either but got a ton of exhaust leaks. At least no more surging/ barking though. Freakin airdog 200 can't keep up anymore either which could be part of the power loss.

Sent from phone

Watch this whole time you've had a 1000hp truck and just didn't know it because you didn't realize how heavy you were.

12v...so you are now running a 63/68/.70 as the secondary, and two 63/68/88's as your primary's?

...don't the .88A/R housings lag like a b!tch in any configuration?

At what point are you gating around the secondary?

12v...so you are now running a 63/68/.70 as the secondary, and two 63/68/88's as your primary's?

...don't the .88A/R housings lag like a b!tch in any configuration?

At what point are you gating around the secondary?

The 63/.88's come on much faster than the 66's did, fwiw. Gate is opening around 70 psi total boost, if that's what your asking?

Sent from phone

Well, as it turns out, I'm a freaking idiot. I found the exhaust leak and loss of spool up, I think. Apparently there is a bolt hole on the turbine housing that goes all the way through. Never noticed when I took the gate actuator off. Hope I didn't screw up raising the TC stall 300 rpm. Lol

Sent from phone

Well, as it turns out, I'm a freaking idiot. I found the exhaust leak and loss of spool up, I think. Apparently there is a bolt hole on the turbine housing that goes all the way through. Never noticed when I took the gate actuator off. Hope I didn't screw up raising the TC stall 300 rpm. Lol

Sent from phone

It's just going to spool faster....

Back