Cooler Racing in Houston?

We're thinking about bringing a gun to this knife fight:

Dragster.jpg

BUT - we'd like to prep it for the class rules (TopShelf Alchohol)... :chug:

Is there a fuel cell size limit?
Do the lights trip on the big end when the cooler crosses the line, or the driver? (or after both have broken the beam on the big end, I'm guessing)
Sounds like puke cans are going to be de rigeur? :Throwup:

:pro:

That thing is longer than the track not to mention its not built to take the fall that happens at the traps...

If you showed up with that thing, you would get waxed like a bikini line in May by a fat kid on one of these...
cooler%20on%20wheels.jpg

XLR8R said:
We're thinking about bringing a gun to this knife fight:

Dragster.jpg

BUT - we'd like to prep it for the class rules (TopShelf Alchohol)... :chug:

:pro:

Bring that thing...I can take it with my old faithful stock class champion cooler.:poke: :kick: :cheer: :rockwoot:

Hey! I'm thinking of my cooler's design and starting to wonder about it's functionality on an incline. So i have a question, will the rules allow me to add some weight to the back or a traction bar like set up to the front?

way too involved, the best idea is to have a plain jane cooler, but great driving skills...get your weight back and lean back on it to pull the front end up...if you do this you will not only go faster but avoid the sudden stop at the end of the track...

nevermind, we like when people stop suddenly...in that case the best design is to lean way forward and hang off the front of that bad boy!

411PMD49JAL._AA280_.jpg

This is what my cooler looks like kinda, (i could have found the exact one if I felt like putting out the effort)

I'm afraid that I don't have enough body mass to keep is on the track being how tall it is........

go for a longer one that is not so tall...you will go faster if its longer not so tall.....

Dude... seriously. I'm about to buy a 24 pack, "shang hi" the styrofoam lid off one of those 7-11 coolers and just go balls out.

Isn't that the whole point. Run what you brung and bring beer? lol It's not rocket science.

In my... once again, not so humble opinion LOL

I am laughing my ass off at how fired up you guys are about this LOL
I promise, it will be one of the most enetrtaining things you have ever seen, but not one of the most complicated LOL

Timbeaux38 said:
I am laughing my ass off .....

No No I am laughing my ass off at the actual turd in your sandwich. I saw the avatar right when you changed it... but just recently saw said turd laying between the bread. Hopefully it's wheat to offset the unhealthiness of the turd factor ;)

Hell Phil, all these folks coming up with "rules" and other crap will chicken out when it comes time to put plastic to metal anyway LOL

Seriously, we invented this crap while drinking copious amouns of beer in Bowling Green.... It isnt that complicated LOL

The man has a point. From what I've seen of this sport, I would think the best cooler racers are the drunkest ones.

You could ride a My Little Ponies lunch pail with the right amount of alcohol, I assume.

there is a fine line though...the really drunk ones such as "drunkard" (tjs friend) did not do so well and almost fell off the trailer...fine line fine line

DirtyBlonde said:
The man has a point. From what I've seen of this sport, I would think the best cooler racers are the drunkest ones.

You could ride a My Little Ponies lunch pail with the right amount of alcohol, I assume.

**buys My Little Pony lunch pail**

Exactly. And Phil and I pretty much make rule determinations on the fly anyway. Less preperation=best preperation LOL

getblown5.9 said:
way too involved, the best idea is to have a plain jane cooler, but great driving skills...get your weight back and lean back on it to pull the front end up...if you do this you will not only go faster but avoid the sudden stop at the end of the track...

nevermind, we like when people stop suddenly...in that case the best design is to lean way forward and hang off the front of that bad boy!

Did we start the head first thing or were other people doing that before us?