Dragon Fire Vp44

I want to know what the realistic longevity of these pumps will be. I run 40K a year on my truck and need reliability. So If I would swap this pump on my truck, would it be dependable for the next 100K or 2.5yrs? If I would gain 100HP and it would last 100K miles I may put it on my wish list.

Lavon

I want to know what the realistic longevity of these pumps will be. I run 40K a year on my truck and need reliability. So If I would swap this pump on my truck, would it be dependable for the next 100K or 2.5yrs? If I would gain 100HP and it would last 100K miles I may put it on my wish list.

Lavon

one thing i have learned in life is that performance and reliability do no exist. if you want reliability leave the truck stock. if performance stuff was reliable, everything performance based would have warrantys including engines. just dont work that way.

one thing i have learned in life is that performance and reliability do no exist. if you want reliability leave the truck stock. if performance stuff was reliable, everything performance based would have warrantys including engines. just dont work that way.

I couldn't agree more. Anytime you start adding hp you add more problems at the same time.

Trust me, I know that reliable is only a relative term for these trucks!! I've had a 580+HP truck for close to 100K miles now, and know what it does to a truck.

My question on reliability is the pump itself... will it **** out after 20K, start intermittent problems after 50K miles? I know its still a VP and those can be problematic but does the machine work done to the pumps close tolerances so close that its not built for the long term???

Lavon

The problem with this pump is it is flowing so much fuel that a lot will get returned when not running it hard. The returned fuel is going to heat up so during a long drive the fuel in the tank will heat up depending on how much you keep in the tank. The fuel coming to the pump will end up warm and will cause problems. I talked to brady a few months back and this was the only concern they had not sure if they got it worked out or not. But i still would be affraid of running this pump on really long trips. If your planning on running injectors small enought to keep the smoke down your putting it in a lot of stress. If i were you i would call II and ask them yourself.

Trust me, I know that reliable is only a relative term for these trucks!! I've had a 580+HP truck for close to 100K miles now, and know what it does to a truck.

My question on reliability is the pump itself... will it **** out after 20K, start intermittent problems after 50K miles? I know its still a VP and those can be problematic but does the machine work done to the pumps close tolerances so close that its not built for the long term???

Lavon

lavon...

i would say buy a cheap work truck that will tow and do whatever you need it to do for work...

retire the silver cummins, put a stack back on it, and dont worry about getting your equipment sooty :rockwoot:

they test it on thier bench with stock injectors and lines

lavon...

i would say buy a cheap work truck that will tow and do whatever you need it to do for work...

retire the silver cummins, put a stack back on it, and dont worry about getting your equipment sooty :rockwoot:

I would if I had the cash.... I'm in the market for a house you know, so I'm hoping business is good this summer.

Lavon

Well if everybody has seen the video of my trucks lope with the scheid VP! The new Dragon fire has the exact same lope to it!

Oh boy looking better and better everyday on my end. Hey kman what size sticks did you go with??? i went ahead and got some 6x18s

whats looking better for you??? Went with a custom set with DDP's! They flow 75lpm DDP does not go by hole size! But they are 7 hole!

damn that huge from the one i got are suppose to be 65lpm. so you got me on that one.

well i wasnt planning on going that big but i am going to give the engineered diesel turbo i am getting a chance to see if it is worthy with this much fuel if not ill have to get them to build me another.

damn that huge from the one i got are suppose to be 65lpm. so you got me on that one.

well i wasnt planning on going that big but i am going to give the engineered diesel turbo i am getting a chance to see if it is worthy with this much fuel if not ill have to get them to build me another.

why not have them build you two that u can run at the same time :rockwoot:

whose injector is your 6x18?