Dragon Fire Vp44

Smokin, watching the video your truck is not blowing much smoke, your running Mach 7. somethings a 66 charger and a pump thats suppose to flow 140% more fuel than stock. There is no way your charger would clear up that much smoke if you were fueling that much. Something not right, if your boot was blown you would have more smoke ( less boost ). Thanks Steve B.

What else could it be?

With the SO it would only go like 8.4 in the 1/8, but one of the injectors was not popping clean. Would the ecm be a problem?

Steve B. still made 742.92 / 1333 with his drag comp and 673 without it, with the monster. That's a 54hp gain from his 619hp with his SO and drag comp. So the monster made more than the SO and drag comp together, and with the comp/monster he made 123hp over that previous 619. That's a hell of a gain I'd say.

What else could it be?

With the SO it would only go like 8.4 in the 1/8, but one of the injectors was not popping clean. Would the ecm be a problem?

Smokin, with the SO pump did you run the same set as in your signature ? If so our trucks are close in set up. I haven't drag raced with the MP yet the ETs in my sig are running with the SO pump @ 670 HP, my best 1/8 is I beleive a 7.3? , can't remember exactly getting to old LOL. Thanks Steve B.

Smokin24valve, Check to make sure there is a green dot on the top cover. If there is not then we need to talk. Thanks, Brady 1-800-955-0476

Smokin, with the SO pump did you run the same set as in your signature ? If so our trucks are close in set up. I haven't drag raced with the MP yet the ETs in my sig are running with the SO pump @ 670 HP, my best 1/8 is I beleive a 7.3? , can't remember exactly getting to old LOL. Thanks Steve B.

yea it was the exact same except the new pump

If I remember right your old SO pump, or something in your setup wasn't up to snuff. Maybe this pump is just fresher than your old one??

So what ### have yall got with the new dragon pump? Time improvements from other pumps?

I dont think it is the pump, I put the SO pump back on and it runs like crap.

It never stops smoking, and sounds like it is missing real bad, in the smoke there is black flakes, any ideas?

is there a chance you have a valve seat head and the valve seat dropped without coming out completely? and this would be causing a cylinder misfire? My brothers 03 sounded similar to yours when he lost a vavle seat.

Lavon

Could have got a valve hot and stretched it enough to drop compression and not fire on that cylinder.

I just read 22 pages of nonsense! I'm in the process of a p-pump conversion and still debating on the new vp or just finish it with the p-pump. The new dragon seems alot cheaper. Time I get new fuel lines, change FASS, get pump built, adj. gear, and all the wiring for an auto too, might be easier! What's some real data on this thing?

:woohoo:Give it a while they wont tap the pump:woohoo: so give them a while to baby it then they will know. The BUTTERFLY is gana be bad ass:rockwoot::rockwoot::blahblah1:

didn't that effect the later heads

I believe there a few 02 models with pressed in valve seats.... A compression check would tell you whats up.

You could also crack your injection lines one at a time while its idling and if you crack a line and there is no change in idle you know which cylinder it is.

Lavon

Strokersmoker is just jealous he dont have one! And my wire is taped DUMBA$$!