Dragon Fire Vp44

if you pop the hood...can you narrow the knocking sound down to a specfic area??

the sound is either coming from the pump itself or the cylinders right at the pump(2 or 3 maybe), I am going to pull the injectors tomorrow and check all the valves and push rods.

I did not look at it, fuel pressure never went below 12-13psi.

unless your valve lash was set incorrectly and you werent seeing a lot of heat or rpms...i wouldnt think a lot would be wrong with the valvetrain

i would however pull the injectors and inspect those

unless your valve lash was set incorrectly and you werent seeing a lot of heat or rpms...i wouldnt think a lot would be wrong with the valvetrain

i would however pull the injectors and inspect those

The water temp went up some but not much(maybe 200), I hope it did not blow a tip off or something like that

def sounds like an injection issue, valve train problems wouldnt cause low power unless all the pushrods were bent and you werent getting enough air in to make power. are you sure its a rattle and not a popping or sputtering? low power sounds to me like the pump isnt fueling or the dynamic timing in the pump is not working properly

def sounds like an injection issue, valve train problems wouldnt cause low power unless all the pushrods were bent and you werent getting enough air in to make power. are you sure its a rattle and not a popping or sputtering? low power sounds to me like the pump isnt fueling or the dynamic timing in the pump is not working properly

it sound like a rattle when under load, but when coming to a stop it kinda of spits and sputters or lopes erratically

i have to agree with this statement

Definitely sounds like my truck did when I left an injector loose and it wasn't firing on one cylinder. You might have hurt the pump! Don't see how when you're running big injectors and no electronics.

Same here. Sounds like its not firing on all cylinders.

Nice run! Thats impressive for a 12.8 with no electronics! I run 14.6 with SO pump, mach 7+, twins and NO ELECTRONICS. With electronics I go 12.4@108

Lavon