Dragon Fire Vp44

After talking to Chip about the redline he said straight up that when the light comes on on the redline it takes complete control over the truck and will override anything the smarty is telling the computer to do.

this is what i have been telling people for ever. you dont need a boost fooler with the redline and the only timing boxes you can use is the drag comp , power puck or an old van haisley box that plugs directly into the pump. smarty does work when the redline aint fueling but once it does, it takes complete control over the computer.

it was 590 something. with a silver 64 and 11holes with everything on kill. Now i have a ED66 and 6x.018

this is what i have been telling people for ever. you dont need a boost fooler with the redline and the only timing boxes you can use is the drag comp , power puck or an old van haisley box that plugs directly into the pump. smarty does work when the redline aint fueling but once it does, it takes complete control over the computer.

I don't agree with that. I dynoed 3 times with the Redline/Smarty, Redline Adrenaline, then Redline/Smarty/Adrenaline. All 3 were very different graphs & the Adrenaline/Redline stack stretched power further. Not trying to argue or anything, but my dyno sheets prove otherwise.

I don't agree with that. I dynoed 3 times with the Redline/Smarty, Redline Adrenaline, then Redline/Smarty/Adrenaline. All 3 were very different graphs & the Adrenaline/Redline stack stretched power further. Not trying to argue or anything, but my dyno sheets prove otherwise.

i garantee that the redline/ smarty was your lowest hp graph correct? thats what i am saying. i didnt mean to make is sound like the only timing boxes that worked were the ones that i listed but i was simply trying to state that the smarty dont work with the redline because the redline takes complete control over the ecm and does its one thing. smarty is a amazing box but its bypassed by the redline. of course the adrenaline still works, thats more along the lines of a drag comp setup. still get the timing out of that setup but not with the smarty. so i dont understand what you mean by i dont agree with that ?

i garantee that the redline/ smarty was your lowest hp graph correct? thats what i am saying. i didnt mean to make is sound like the only timing boxes that worked were the ones that i listed but i was simply trying to state that the smarty dont work with the redline because the redline takes complete control over the ecm and does its one thing. smarty is a amazing box but its bypassed by the redline. of course the adrenaline still works, thats more along the lines of a drag comp setup. still get the timing out of that setup but not with the smarty. so i dont understand what you mean by i dont agree with that ?

I misunderstood you. I agree. Sorry man. I just meant this....I did 534hp with Redline/Adrenline stack, next run I added Smarty sw3 timing 2 & only got 460hp. It obviously is doing something, just not good things.:hehe:

Well i am hopping this is my case. Truck ran a whole lot stronger on the street with just the redline. But i just could not resist in the parking lot waiting to dyno. I just kept think about everyone saying their best numbers were with the smarty. So i downloaded the smarty in the parking lot and started the truck it sounded a whole lot different in a bad way. You could tell the pump did not like the added timing.

Well i am hopping this is my case. Truck ran a whole lot stronger on the street with just the redline. But i just could not resist in the parking lot waiting to dyno. I just kept think about everyone saying their best numbers were with the smarty. So i downloaded the smarty in the parking lot and started the truck it sounded a whole lot different in a bad way. You could tell the pump did not like the added timing.

best numbers with a redline are by far the drag comp in ez mode, next would be the power puck. those will give you the highest hp you can get with the redline.

I would trade Smarty off for a Adrenaline. The Adrenaline/Redline stack is wicked.

ADR can kiss my ass. Had one and will never set foot in that area again. made my truck run like ass. And i am pritty sure that yall will find that this dragon fire pump does not like timing so why run a timing box??? When i got home i messed with the wire on the redline and it stopped timing out so much. Finally got it to hang on more than 15% fueling. And let me tell you there is a huge difference up around 50% and on. But i am still only holding 40psi. Think i have a boost leak.

ADR can kiss my ass. Had one and will never set foot in that area again. made my truck run like ass. And i am pritty sure that yall will find that this dragon fire pump does not like timing so why run a timing box??? When i got home i messed with the wire on the redline and it stopped timing out so much. Finally got it to hang on more than 15% fueling. And let me tell you there is a huge difference up around 50% and on. But i am still only holding 40psi. Think i have a boost leak.

:doh: Just trying to help.

take it up to 93% and see what it does. if it starts to drain the rotors then stop and back it down a couple of % . if not, keep on going.

well i only ran two runs on the dyno saturday. the first was with it on 15% and the second was at 100% but i am not sure if it did not timeout. As soon as i let out of it i looked at the redline screen and it said timeout so i dont think the 100% run was lagit but i lost a lot of power.

Well after seeing the post quadzilla made over a DTR that the adrenalines will soon be turning 5000 RPM on a VP im going to have to stick with them a little longer!

Well after seeing the post quadzilla made over a DTR that the adrenalines will soon be turning 5000 RPM on a VP im going to have to stick with them a little longer!

redline will already do that if you have a pump to support it. the unlimited redline will turn what ever your pump will allow you to turn. i dont see a pump that will have the capabilities to fuel up in those RPMs. maybe i will be wrong but just my .2

There is no way this will happen. If it does ill bet money it will be a issue where evertime you turn that kind of rpms you need a new pump. You for get these pumps are lubricated from the fuel that passes through them. Looks to me like the pump would take a terriable beating.

I am really hopeing that somehow some way that it does work. But sh!t in one hand and wish in the other and see what you get. Really i would be happy if this adrenaline is able to fuel and get my truck to 4K and make power there. but only time will tell.

I tried different levels and sub levels on the drag comp and nothing really seems to change, it does not feel any different really. I know I have a boost leak(one of the intercooler boots has a small cut), but at 45psi there is only a light haze. I unhooked and checked the map sensor and the data link, and plugged them back and still the same thing. Any ideas?

I tried different levels and sub levels on the drag comp and nothing really seems to change, it does not feel any different really. I know I have a boost leak(one of the intercooler boots has a small cut), but at 45psi there is only a light haze. I unhooked and checked the map sensor and the data link, and plugged them back and still the same thing. Any ideas?

do you know anyone else with a drag comp that you can swap out with?? maybe something happened to the box itself?