Efi live update

My buddy Outlaw99 wants to start drag racing would this work good for that?
Brandon

Rob is not playing around.That's one way to get the desire your after,just go out and buy a truck. :clap:

Good luck with the tuning.

After looking at some of the screen shots posted on efi live forums, I would say yes fueling to 4200. You should be able to turn off pilot injector by simply entering 0mm for quantity on that table.

Keep in mind pilot injection can be a good thing with easing the cylinder pressure spike, preconditioning the cylinder for the big shot. This is gonna definitely be fun, I have irons in the fire right now to purchase an 06

So, who up here in the Minnesota area has good track record with EFILive that could jump in on a Cummins motor?

So, who up here in the Minnesota area has good track record with EFILive that could jump in on a Cummins motor?

2004.5 Ram 2500

No soup for you......haven't been totally keeping up on this but pretty sure they are focusing on the canbus.

Is a harness really needed. I don't think it is judging from the schematics I have been reading. The TPS is a question I can't find the answer to.

I assumed the 06 ecu had diff pinouts then the other ecm's? I could be wrong.lol

Pin outs can be changed with a $3 tool, but they seem to be the same. I just can not find any confirmation on the TPS. Even Insite lists 3 possible TPS types for my 04.5 engine. And not just the style but the functioning. Some have an off idle confirm circuit and some use a 2 channel rising/falling rheostat. I am assuming for different applications but it does not specify what one is used on what. I know mine is a 2 channel/ 3 wire per channel style but as far as the CAN ones it's vague.

Ummm, way to jump to conclusions. I'll wait until they get to to my truck. Just curious who up this way has a clue how to use the software.

It's kinda of a deciding factor between between Smarty SSR or EFI for me. I'd like to have someone near by that has a clue vs 100's of miles away

After looking at some of the screen shots posted on efi live forums, I would say yes fueling to 4200. You should be able to turn off pilot injector by simply entering 0mm for quantity on that table.
That is exactly right, there will be tables that control the pilot quantities.

As for the RPM limits, there is a couple of things here. As far as raw processing power to keep up with high RPM the ECM should have no issues here. FYI, the same CPU used in the 5.9L ECM is also used on a GM gas motor ECM, they can run up to about 8000 RPM, fuel & spark and running far more complex diagnostics than the Cummins ECM needs to.

Most (if not all) the tables in the Cummins have a rescalable table axis, so you can enter in whatever RPM values you would like, however, there might be limitations in the injector driver hardware that will limit the RPM rather than tables.

Keep in mind that although EFILive is based out of New Zealand and Australia, we have a lot of US based resellers who are also tuners themselves. Our software has been developed in a way to make tuner location irrelevant - logs and tune files can be emailed for review and adjustment.

Cheers,
Cindy

Last edited:
That is exactly right, there will be tables that control the pilot quantities.

As for the RPM limits, there is a couple of things here. As far as raw processing power to keep up with high RPM the ECM should have no issues here. FYI, the same CPU used in the 5.9L ECM is also used on a GM gas motor ECM, they can run up to about 8000 RPM, fuel & spark and running far more complex diagnostics than the Cummins ECM needs to.

Most (if not all) the tables in the Cummins have a rescalable table axis, so you can enter in whatever RPM values you would like, however, there might be limitations in the injector driver hardware that will limit the RPM rather than tables.

Keep in mind that although EFILive is based out of New Zealand and Australia, we have a lot of US based resellers who are also tuners themselves. Our software has been developed in a way to make tuner location irrelevant - logs and tune files can be emailed for review and adjustment.

Cheers,
Cindy

The bolded. What do you guys figure that rpm is? with 3 injections, 2 and 1?

As far as the tuning, sure, the TDI folks do that as well all the time, however there's nothing like an in person tuning.

any updates or progress. i to am in the same boat with the early trucks. might just change over to a can bus ecm. i dont care about dash communication. with the logging software the d max guys get with efi who needs gauges. assuming we are going to get this same data logging capability??

The stock ecu pukes out a crankshaft position sensor over speed error at 4500-ish. Going to take some digging to nip that one. Seems to me there was another one at 5k too.