EFILive Beta First Impressions

Pilot & post tables seem to be working well. You can tell when the pilot shuts off for sure. I shut off the post injections and with 200hp injectors you can tell there is a little less smoke. The scantool will really tell the story though.

The smarty is a good tuner having sold several hundred of them, and will recommend them to guys looking for a good out of the box tuner.

Instead of pitting EFILive against smarty, H&S, Bully Dog, etc think about it this way.. EFILive is a very powerful tuning suite. They don't sell tuners, they sell the tools to make good tunes.

I know that the duramax "canned" tuners improved by leaps and bounds after EFILive launched... ever wonder why :)

For the people that would like to see what EFI offer's for the Dmax crowd, download for free the 7.5 software here Download Software

Then you can open a duramax tune and play around with the tables. The Cummins tables will be similar. Email me at robcoddens@msn.com and I'll send you what ever year stock Dmax tune you'd like to see.

I have done this...really cool to see the tables laid out with corresponding timing, rail pressure, and injector pulsewidth for various conditions.

Rob, is there a way to convert the MPa axis to psi on a rp map or corresponding fueling tables??

Kinda hard to continuously convert MPa to psi on the calculator all the time.

Btw, I've seen LBZ, and LB7 stock tables and a mild LLY tune.

Also looked at the Mc Rat 20/20 tune...interesting stuff.

14.0 at 101 with traction issues max effort on stock truck. This just after a few days of working on it. NICE I also assume they will get rid of the ramp down (runaway) issue.

I have done this...really cool to see the tables laid out with corresponding timing, rail pressure, and injector pulsewidth for various conditions.

Rob, is there a way to convert the MPa axis to psi on a rp map or corresponding fueling tables??

You get used to it pretty fast, Dodge is the same. I don't even think about it anymore, just automatic.

I also assume they will get rid of the ramp down (runaway) issue.
Bobo and I have been working on this first and foremost as this is a big issue in our minds. We have it narrowed down and have great results on one truck and working on the other now, but really need the data logging to finalize and confirm. Then comes big HP testing to make sure results can be duplicated everytime. Controlled experiments take time, but this and rpm limit control are the two biggest stepping stones on my list.

Last edited:

Kinda hard to continuously convert MPa to psi on the calculator all the time.
You can go to the conversion tab and paste in the whole table then convert it all from MPa to PSI. However, like Rob said, after a while, you get used to it.

You can go to the conversion tab and paste in the whole table then convert it all from MPa to PSI. However, like Rob said, after a while, you get used to it.

Awesome..I'll give it a shot!

Bob that issue isnt that big of a deal (we have been living with it for almost 9 years) in others words if this were a test and it begins to eat up alot of your time move on. You can come back later. I am not trying to tell you what to do but its not a big deal to most people. Although Its kind of scary when merging into traffic and then to suddenly have to slow down. The pucker factor can be a 10 in that situtation.

I'm hot on the RPM trail ;) All the available tables have been tested, and even with rescaling the axes to 6000 rpm, there is still a table yet to be discovered... they'll find it though.

Last edited:
I'm hot on the RPM trail ;) All the available tables have been tested, and even with rescaling the axes to 6000 rpm, there is still a table yet to be discovered... they'll find it though.

Rescale to 6k but still hitting a limit??

Where at?? 4200rpm

Bob that issue isnt that big of a deal (we have been living with it for almost 9 years) in others words if this were a test and it begins to eat up alot of your time move on. You can come back later. I am not trying to tell you what to do but its not a big deal to most people. Although Its kind of scary when merging into traffic and then to suddenly have to slow down. The pucker factor can be a 10 in that situtation.

We found out a while ago that we don't have the tools yet for the rpm, so it is only thing to work on at the moment.

Next testing stage this weekend, is playing with the post and pilot and recording results for noise, egt, and mpg increase or decrease.

PLEASE keep us posted on your findings, I cant stand this rattle I have since Ive added the 90's.... Seems it really quiet untill the truck gets up to operating temps then the rattle starts and gose away once boost comes on, really annoying.....

look guys 6000rpm out of a cummins is not going to happen anytime soon, if ever..... The d-maxes dont even have 6000 rpm yet and that softwrae has been out for years...

just sayin dont get your hopes up.:Cheer:

PLEASE keep us posted on your findings, I cant stand this rattle I have since Ive added the 90's.... Seems it really quiet untill the truck gets up to operating temps then the rattle starts and gose away once boost comes on, really annoying.....

Most likely pressure causing the rattle, that can be fixed for sure.