EFILive Beta First Impressions

Im really happy we are finally getting EFILive, even though us SCI ECM guys have to wait. I know more rpm's are great for standard trans guys are manual valve body's are staying in one gear for sled pulling an automatic but if the 48re won't shift at higher RPM's what is the point.

The CRIN3's are just way better when it comes to extra pressure, I just plain wouldn't run the 5.9's in that 30k range they can't take it.

I don't see the stock ECM however ever firing those, the current profile is so much more for the CRIN3's.

ECM swap then! We will see as the 6.7's ECM I know is quite a but different both in what it controls (trans) and some wiring. But I bet with a stand alone controller for the trans (48) and the 6.7 ECM we could make it work I bet. I have been holding off on modifying my 5.9 injectors for that reason alone.

If current and driver amperage are the hold back, then maybe an electrical current amplification box might solve the problem? Food for thought.

We've delt with the same limits on the Dmax sensors. What I can tell you tuning my truck and the 8 sec Dirtymax both making a lot of boost, is we have made due just fine with stock sensors. Would having better sensors help, yes on ultra fine tuning for sure, but for the 99.9% of the trucks the stock ones will work. Again, I've not logged the Cummins sensor speed and compared so kind of an educated guess at this time.

Thanks for the insight Rob. Just wanted to know if spending the money on better sensors would be any good but in this case it may no be. Something to be revisited in the future when you guys beta testing this stuff will have a lot more feed back on how these motors and there electronic sensors behave.

What about smog/smoke inspections? Are you able to tune down say a truck with 150+ injectors and dual/single mod cp3 to pass such inspections? Are the Dmax's able to do such things?

Im really happy we are finally getting EFILive, even though SCI ECM guys have to wait. I know more rpm's are great for standard trans guys, manual valve body's, sled pulling are a stand alone trans controller, but other than that what is the point if the 48re won't shift at higher RPM's

What about smog/smoke inspections? Are you able to tune down say a truck with 150+ injectors and dual/single mod cp3 to pass such inspections? Are the Dmax's able to do such things?

Ofcourse, even a Smarty can do that.

Yes, even 1000hp Dmax trucks are easy to drive without excessive smoke or noise.

Loving the efilive it has made my truck way more driveable no more fuel knock or timing rattle, the turbos spool much faster than they did with my box tuner. Cant wait to hit the rollers and the track this summer.

Loving the efilive it has made my truck way more driveable no more fuel knock or timing rattle, the turbos spool much faster than they did with my box tuner. Cant wait to hit the rollers and the track this summer.

Are you doing your own tuning? What shop?

i may have missed it in all the pages but what about the adjusting of RPM"S and setting the limiter. Have you guys come to that yet? if so whats the max RPM"S.

X2 with emphasis on the bold. I can run a pretty clean low 11 with my smarty on 1 but it's still a trick to drive low smoke on the street, and quick changes in speed is not happening without a good cloud. Turning up my pressure box to run 17-18k like the 04.5+ trucks helps but I think it could be better. Pressure seems to run a good bit lower in the 03-04's.

x3, especially on the lower smoke and improved spool. I'm tired of driving "that smoky POS".

On a side note, I see guys wanting to get rid of the post injection, and possibly the pre injection as well. Has it been decided that the post injection is the biggest factor in melted pistons, or is it more the piston bowl design? Or both equally? Anything to lessen the chances of melting again, I'm all for

Zach fuller is tuning my truck.

I have no post injection the truck seems to run alot quieter and smoother without it.

I'm amazed! In 10 pages no one has asked "what about the VP trucks"LOL

I got my first EfiLive tune today, done by Zach Fuller. It's just a mild tune because my truck is stock, so we will mainly be testing mileage versus smoke output or engine noise. Post injection is off and it is a little quieter though. It seems to be a little more smooth during acceleration and has a little more power. So far i am happy with it.

So far just by turning off post injection and smoothing out the tables I've experienced a
Much smoother quieter running engine throughout the whole rpm band and picked up 3mpg.