EFILive Beta First Impressions

Rob,

Does that table indicate post timing ATDC, or timing after main shot??

I'm trying to interpret that map...

And yes it very well indicates a post event under full load at high RPM= possible meltdown condition!!!

Right now it can just be referenced to mm3. We don't have post timing tables yet as seen in the last screen shot. Basically you can turn off the post and what ever area you want and timing won't matter as there is no pulse shot to time. To increase the post for better spool on big chargers, then we'll need control over the post timing.

Last edited:
Good Thread...have a couple of questions...

Does EFI Live communicate through the OBDII port or does it have to plug directly into the CAN??

What CAN protocols does it read and/or convert??

I have two trucks, an '06 and an '01
(would like to ditch the Edge EZ on the '01)

Also would like to have one tool to tweak both trucks...since the VP44 trucks are much simpler, how difficult would it be to make the software backwards compatable for use with the older VP44 engines and also the CR engines?

Last edited:
As Joe said the stock monitor will not read properly after changing the fuel curve.

I realize its bottom of the priority, but is the O/H calibration something that can be adjusted? It would be nice to be able to run some sticks, a tune and have it accurate.

Good Thread...have a couple of questions...

Does EFI Live communicate through the OBDII port or does it have to plug directly into the CAN??

What CAN protocols does it read and/or convert??

I have two trucks, an '06 and an '01
(would like to ditch the Edge EZ on the '01)

Also would like to have one tool to tweak both trucks...since the VP44 trucks are much simpler, how difficult would it be to make the software backwards compatable for use with the older VP44 engines and also the CR engines?

You haven't been keeping up have you Cliff?

The 03-05 SCI truck will be done after the newer CAN trucks and the 6.7L's....as of right now, I haven't heard of anything even being planned for the VP44 trucks....good luck!

Chris

LOL...

well, if the CAN stuff works...and reads J1939...it "could" possibly read (interpret) the older VP44 engines....

I would agree with you...but so far, no one has really pursued it that I'm aware of.

They just don't like the VP guys:hehe:
Chris

Here is just a portion of the tables we can adjust. Each one of the "bullets" can be opened up to have access to expanded tables.

Hey Rob dont know you yet but you sure are a tease posting that screen shot like that LOL. Would I be able to swap an 06 ECM in my early SCI 05? I am aware of the injectors plugs and have most of the electrical from an 06 just curious both ecms are autos.

I realize its bottom of the priority, but is the O/H calibration something that can be adjusted? It would be nice to be able to run some sticks, a tune and have it accurate.

On the Duramaxes we did get some tables (not initially, but in a later release) that do allow us to adjust the parameters being used for the DIC fuel calculations. For fun I messed with the main table and was able to get my mileage up to 38 MPG out of my crew cab dually!!! LOL...

Of course, at this point we can assume something similar will be available with the Dodge releases - but it may not be available immediately, if at all. I am guessing that these will not be the highest priority tables for EFI Live to get implemented, but knowing that customers would like to see them will be helpful when they are picking where to focus their time...

assuming we can specify tank size like they can on the Dmax, then we could just adjust for a larger tank size which would correct for our very optimistic mpgs.

By the time anyone makes anything for the vp trucks they will all be in the scrap yards. Come on into the CR pool, the water is fine. Lol

If I'm reading that graph correct that Rob posted, the post injection is very small from 10-2400, then really kicks on from 28-3500? Assuming it's verified by logging of course...

Whats the top bar, 0-140mm3? Injection quantity I'm guessing?

I have LOTS of homework to do, reading the graphs and interpolating the info it's giving me, other than the pretty colorsLOL

I think I am more excited to see what the future holds for the 6.7 :)

Also Dyno Numbers to the Smarty lays down some very good numbers on a stock truck to the wheels IMO. Wonder what we will see as far as a race tune on a stock truck for numbers?????????????????

Iam interested to see dyno numbers for stock trucks with efi live tuneing. Should be interesting. Smarty TNT with mp8 stacked I did 527hp on a dyno jet. I bet efi can do the same if not more with a lot less smoke and better driveing habits. Mine was super smokey and a PIA to drive lol

IdahoRob-

i may have missed it in all the pages but what about the adjusting of RPM"S and setting the limiter. Have you guys come to that yet? if so whats the max RPM"S.

Can anyone that has tried it, or heard what it sounded like tell me what the cr engine sounds like with only a single injection event? Sound like a vp 24v?

Sounds perfect, all that I would add is to bump up the idle to 850 and it would sound really good. Can the idle be adjusted by your stand alone, or by efi as well?

Sounds perfect, all that I would add is to bump up the idle to 850 and it would sound really good. Can the idle be adjusted by your stand alone, or by efi as well?

Naw, no need to bump up the idle, just turn it into a lope.