EFILive Beta First Impressions

Ok, I'll bite.

Why does post fall off and build back up as your higher in RPM? I fail to see any logical reason why it would. My only assumption is the main injection falls of and for emissions reasons they are keeping things hot for the CAT.

X2:pop:

Great question, one that I don't know the answer to. Some code writer must of had a reason or so they thought. Doesn't make sense to me.

that would prob. be the best assumption. I think there was a thread on this. I guess it would be nothing to just take the third injection event out then? Obviously the non can bus ecu's prob dont have the third event? I think it was strictly emmisions, I also wonder if it was a noise issue. Ive noticed that the 06 trucks do not rattle as hard as a any other model.. ive never tried a 05 just 03-04 and a 06 same boxes same pressure less rattle, maybe third injection is quiting the truck down along with emmisions?

Last edited:
Great question, one that I don't know the answer to. Some code writer must of had a reason or so they thought. Doesn't make sense to me.

I think a lot of the stuff on the stock programming was emissions driven, and will make most of you tuning smart guys scratch your heads.

how many additional vehicle can be tuned with one scanner. i know one scanner can tune 2 trucks and then you pay 99 for an addition truck how many truck can be tuned before having to get another scanner tool

how many additional vehicle can be tuned with one scanner. i know one scanner can tune 2 trucks and then you pay 99 for an addition truck how many truck can be tuned before having to get another scanner tool

From EFI Live website..

"FlashScan V2 is pre-configured with two VIN licenses. Additional licenses may be purchased up to a limit of 220 per Flashscan V2 device."

I think a lot of the stuff on the stock programming was emissions driven, and will make most of you tuning smart guys scratch your heads.

Post injection events are purely emissions related to cause cat/DPF burnoff by dumping extra fuel extra late to make heat in exhuast. When it occurs you will see it on the pyro... $.02

From EFI Live website..

"FlashScan V2 is pre-configured with two VIN licenses. Additional licenses may be purchased up to a limit of 220 per Flashscan V2 device."
Unless you buy a Stream license, in which case you can tune an unlimited number of whatever ECM you buy the Stream license for.

FlashScan V2 Scan Tool ships with 0 licenses.
When you purchase either the Cummins Tuning license or the GM Tuning license, you'll also be issued with 2 VIN licenses. If you purchase both tuning licenses, you'll get 4 VIN licenses.

Currently FlashScan V2 can hold a maximum of 221 VIN licenses, although we are looking at expanding this capacity via a firmware upgrade.

Unless you buy a Stream license, in which case you can tune an unlimited number of whatever ECM you buy the Stream license for.

Stream licenses won't be available for future controller releases - Cummins or GM. Streams will continue to exist for already supported controllers.

Cheers
Cindy

attachment.php

I found this in one of my old posts.....

"Can't put that third event totally to rest........ thought I would load the STOCK software for a look see...

There it is full load 3000 rpm third event."

Stock3k.jpg

(Each full wave of the crank sensor is 6 degrees).

Of interest.....that was the one and only log that I was able to catch of a post event full load high rpm. Must of tried 50 times and not a chance, only thing I could think of was when I logged it it was crazy cold....-30 or so and maybe IAT or water temp triggered it.

Couldn't trigger the post with the boxed tune either......Interested to see if it had that part of the table zero'd.

Sure don't need that late fuel up there!

Also.... would like to see the rest of the post tables.

If understand this correctly the third event came in at approx 19.5* of timing.

IdahoRob or anyone else who can answer this question... Is there any benefit that EFIlive would have over a smarty or other tuner to reduce high drive pressures? I know other factors like turbo size has to do with drive pressure but I'm wondering by replacing a smarty with EFIlive, would there be a reduction in drive pressure?

IdahoRob or anyone else who can answer this question... Is there any benefit that EFIlive would have over a smarty or other tuner to reduce high drive pressures? I know other factors like turbo size has to do with drive pressure but I'm wondering by replacing a smarty with EFIlive, would there be a reduction in drive pressure?

Their are literally 100s of options currently NOT available to the Owner in the box.I see NO reason in the hands of someone capable of dialing or programing correctly will get some improvements.

We have had EFILive for short period of time compare to others (D-Max) When the Cummins software BC available We will catch up fast.

Stream licenses won't be available for future controller releases - Cummins or GM. Streams will continue to exist for already supported controllers.

Cheers
Cindy
Wow, really? What is the reason for that, Cindy? I thought that was a popular option for professional tuners.

Post injection events are purely emissions related to cause cat/DPF burnoff by dumping extra fuel extra late to make heat in exhuast. When it occurs you will see it on the pyro... $.02

Interesting then why is it on late 05-07 without DPF. I can guess like the rest and say emissions and be done.

Interesting then why is it on late 05-07 without DPF. I can guess like the rest and say emissions and be done.

As far as I know Rob, it's all the "600" series motors that have this.

The "555" series engines except for the Cali 235hp trucks didn't have CATS on. But all 04.5+ "600" trucks have CATS on for Federal Emisssions.

As far as I know Rob, it's all the "600" series motors that have this.

The "555" series engines except for the Cali 235hp trucks didn't have CATS on. But all 04.5+ "600" trucks have CATS on for Federal Emisssions.

It's interesting that the 2004.5-2007 duramax with a cat has no post injection and the 7.5-2010 has post injection with dpf. On the 04.5-07, there are post events written in the code (most likely for the future dpf), but it is zero'd out. So the Dmax doesn't use post for CAT only.

It's interesting that the 2004.5-2007 duramax with a cat has no post injection and the 7.5-2010 has post injection with dpf. On the 04.5-07, there are post events written in the code (most likely for the future dpf), but it is zero'd out. So the Dmax doesn't use post for CAT only.

I'm not saying that it's the only reason that they have a post, but it makes sense to me.

It looks to me on the table that you posted...that the post event at 2k rpms at cruising speed (30mm3) is minimal at best..it looks like 2mm3 is injected...to me that is pretty close to zeroed out, but still. And with it being what looks like 15.5* ATDC looks like a dedicated event to aid in CAT heat.

Here is one of the Cummins post tables again. For reference the duramax uses about an 11 mm3 main shot for running at idle. This is a reference table that then uses pulse width parameters depending on a bunch of input to control size of the post shot. Until we have logging, it's all just speculation.

Last edited: