EFILive Beta First Impressions

i think the answer is that you wouldn't want to tune each cylinder differently, that would lead to some funky off-timing problems. ideally you would want them balanced.

tuning over the range by TPS exists in the Dmax tables, but you would ideally want multiple tunes for guys who drag race, mileage, tow & etc. one tune is not going to fit all circumstances.

Balanced yes but not all cylinder are balanced. In a perfect world yes you would want them all the same but each cylinder flows different, some are more restrictive than others, injectors have minor differences between them. If you could tune to compensate for this you could be more efficient and build more power cause in the end each cylinder could be at 100% AND NOT 95% on one 90%on another.

And I'm not saying your wrong please don't think I am. I was just taught different I guess

Balanced yes but not all cylinder are balanced.....If you could tune to compensate for this you could be more efficient and build more power cause in the end each cylinder could be at 100% AND NOT 95% on one 90%on another...

makes sense to me, good point. you would need a way to log each cylinder, guessing by EGTs? and then adjust by percentage per cylinder to compensate?

We are aiming for a late Feb or early March public release for the 06-07 5.9L vehicles.

Cheers
Cindy

We are aiming for a late Feb or early March public release for the 06-07 5.9L vehicles.

Cheers
Cindy

ya'll have fun with it. hopefully the 05's wont be too far behind. or might just have to steal my wifes truck back from her. but in all fairness it was mine first.

You may not know this yet since early 05 will be last, but Will the SCI stuff for early 05's have ALL the same capabilities as the later models (CAN) as far as every tuning aspect??

You may not know this yet since early 05 will be last, but Will the SCI stuff for early 05's have ALL the same capabilities as the later models (CAN) as far as every tuning aspect??

x2, a ecm,apps and harness might be in order if not

Got me a 6.7. In the process of buying up parts now to hold all the hell I'm gonna give her. Absolutely can't wait.

While the SCI ECM is used to tune effectively the same truck, there are some significant differences with the hardware. It's unknown at this point what the differences will be in terms of tuning. Sure there will be some/many parameters that are the same or similar, but it's highly unlikely that EVERY tuning aspect will be the same.

The important point to remember is that the regulatory requirements have changed year on year; and technology has improved at a very fast speed. Based on that the expectation that the functionality of a 2003 truck will be the same as a 2007 truck is not realistic.

All that said and done, we will deliver what is possible. I highly doubt that the majority of our customers will have problems tuning their vehicles with the differences between 2003 and 2007 tuning. But for that minority who have very specialized needs/requirements they may find limitations in a similar manner to the way the LB7 Duramax OS's differ between years.

And Then 6.7???

That is correct.

Cheers
Cindy

i would think the rich mixture and advanced timing during cold start is normal whether gas or diesel to bring it up to oper. temp quickly?

One would think they would do that, but the timing is retarded based on EGT rise.

Posted Date 1/28/11
Yeah there are a lot of wanna be tuners out there. Luckily EFI Live has a great group of Beta testers working to make the software really something ;)

POSETED 2/5/11 "We got are test truck today!"
Confuesed on how one can state this before they even had a hand in the beta process.

Sort of like wanna be engine builders trying to crack 850hp
Where do you buy your EFI from Premier? The guys actually posting facts are direct and supporting vendors and those that are informing how the beta process is coming and not supporting vendors state they are not in it for a buisness. Why dont you go start another FB fan page to drum up buisness.

Be better to wait until it's released to public before purchasing the Cummins V2 rather than buying the V2 and License separately.

So far just by turning off post injection and smoothing out the tables I've experienced a
Much smoother quieter running engine throughout the whole rpm band and picked up 3mpg.

20 pages of information from Rob, Bob, and Nick and all you can do is chime in off the coat tails. I hope you read up on nicks informative blending skills that he did what 4 years ago?

Sorry bud I dont tune built trucks or anything past 600hp and ya act like it hurts my feelings that I dont. I am to busy actually making and designing HP with hard parts. I leave the final touches to Those above.

By the way you need to get in touch with Timbeux if ya wanna keep rolling as a supporting vendor

Last edited:
Posted Date 1/28/11

POSETED 2/5/11 "We got are test truck today!"
Confuesed on how one can state this before they even had a hand in the beta process.

Sort of like wanna be engine builders trying to crack 850hp
Where do you buy your EFI from Premier? The guys actually posting facts are direct and supporting vendors and those that are informing how the beta process is coming and not supporting vendors state they are not in it for a buisness. Why dont you go start another FB fan page to drum up buisness.

20 pages of information from Rob, Bob, and Nick and all you can do is chime in off the coat tails. I hope you read up on nicks informative blending skills that he did what 4 years ago?

Sorry bud I dont tune built trucks or anything past 600hp and ya act like it hurts my feelings that I dont. I am to busy actually making and designing HP with hard parts. I leave the final touches to Those above.

By the way you need to get in touch with Timbeux if ya wanna keep rolling as a supporting vendor

You know I could get into another pissing match with you about this and about that, but you aren't worth my time. I have been a part of the Beta team since day one and have done my part to help get this software ready for public release. I have been reading, tuning and flashing some customer trucks and last weekend I sold my 03 Duramax to purchase a 06 CR for testing and a daily driver.