EFILive Beta First Impressions

You know I could get into another pissing match with you about this and about that, but you aren't worth my time. I have been a part of the Beta team since day one and have done my part to help get this software ready for public release. I have been reading, tuning and flashing some customer trucks and last weekend I sold my 03 Duramax to purchase a 06 CR for testing and a daily driver.

If you have a issue with the EDP guys then here's your sign :redx:

If you have a issue with the EDP guys then here's your sign :redx:

Knock off the bull shhit Wade leave the thread alone you have nothing of any value to add to this conversation. Let the D-Max gurus take care of these qestions, Rob and Bob are completely capable of answering any and all question about the BETA testing... GTFO

Knock off the bull shhit Wade leave the thread alone you have nothing of any value to add to this conversation. Let the D-Max gurus take care of these qestions, Rob and Bob are completely capable of answering any and all question about the BETA testing... GTFO

Are you drunk? Who the heck are you? I have had nothing to add in reference to the beta testing, but i sure can run circles around your a**! BM
Aint it past your bed time?
:redx:

Last edited:
Are you drunk? Who the heck are you? I have had nothing to add in reference to the beta testing, but i sure can run circles around your a**! BM

:redx:

Excactly

You do nothing but phuck up threads don't phuck this one up please. Alot of people (myself included) are trying to stay up with this info. No need to pimp your vendors or buddies here.

I don't drink really, to many stomach and intestinal issues. Bring your old tube chassis to Topeka this year and we will see what you got

Carry on...

Excactly

You do nothing but phuck up threads don't phuck this one up please. Alot of people (myself included) are trying to stay up with this info. No need to pimp your vendors or buddies here.

I don't drink really, to many stomach and intestinal issues. Bring your old tube chassis to Topeka this year and we will see what you got

Carry on...

Then STFU and mind your own..

Post isn't active on the LLY with cat. Post#1 is zero'd and isn't active on the LBZ, I know post#2 shows values, but never seen it active by logging, have you Mark?

Yeah Rob, I also think there are a few tables missing that are involved becuase no one needed them or cared about it. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, right. Regardless it is all good and stay at it.

Lets keep the drama out of this thread I don't care who it is.This is one the most informative thread going,leave the muck out of it.

Eric

Ok so now my gears are turning. Can you adjust each cylinder/injector separate or what ever you set the timing at is what all 6 injectors will fire at ? Also is it possible to adjust for each gear too? I bring this up because I know the #6 piston is prone to melting so if its an air flow or fuel issue can it be corrected my changing just that once cylinder. And as far as having different setting for each gear it would be nice to have good power through the gears and have it drop off or whatever needs to be done to get the best highway mileage possible. I know it would prob be more time consuming then it might be worth.

I know the ECM I'm running, both the Bosch offerings you can balance injector flow.....providing you have data for every injector. Not sure if its even in the stock ECM's and I doubt they would be looking for it.

Light load could be set up for mileage.

so you mentioned in a previous posting that you had a 2 part injection event.

could this be replicated in EFI Live by using the pilot/main or main/post events and then remove one or the other?

Short answer no. The post volumes are fixed, the main shot is variable. On the ECM I'm running the second main is set up as a % of the first. So it simply follows the main injection quantity.

Would be cool if it was that easy!

Yeah but if you just have to swap pins around....

SCI and CAN are two different systems. CAN networks have various computers talking to themselves and SCI is centralized. I know for starters, a swap would involve most of the wiring harness for the motor and probably the interior too. The fuse box would have to be changed to an 06 and up TIPM module and a body control computer would also be part of the equation. The good thing is parts are readily interchangeable but you would need a donor truck.....that or an arm and a leg for the dealer!!!:bang:bang:bang

Trust me...as with many this though has also crossed my mind. Only because I know the new 06 and up computer do posses a bit more memory and processing power plus EFI sooner.

I am pretty sure it would be a very in depth swap. The wiring harness is completely different for starters.

Your right..it is.

SCI and CAN are two different systems. CAN networks have various computers talking to themselves and SCI is centralized. I know for starters, a swap would involve most of the wiring harness for the motor and probably the interior too. The fuse box would have to be changed to an 06 and up TIPM module and a body control computer would also be part of the equation. The good thing is parts are readily interchangeable but you would need a donor truck.....that or an arm and a leg for the dealer!!!:bang:bang:bang

Trust me...as with many this though has also crossed my mind. Only because I know the new 06 and up computer do posses a bit more memory and processing power plus EFI sooner.

Your right..it is.

What if it was a conversion truck where it playing nice with the dash didn't matter. All I need it to do is control the motor.

Then you just need to change harness and vc harness. You will have to go to the late model pedal as well of course but if you swap the harness over to 06 CAN then it will work.

What if it was a conversion truck where it playing nice with the dash didn't matter. All I need it to do is control the motor.

Exactly, no need for the other stuff to function. I should have been more specific on the conversion trucks.

Last edited:
Then you just need to change harness and vc harness. You will have to go to the late model pedal as well of course but if you swap the harness over to 06 CAN then it will work.

Why would you need to change the harness if you could just move the pins to the right locations? The ecm connectors are the same. Same goes with the valve cover. There are still only 2 wires to each injector in either system. Who cares if there is 3 plugs or 2? Also, why would you need to change the pedal? The ecm is only looking for a voltage for TP right? Then just connect the proper wires for the CAN bus to the OBDII.