EFILive Beta First Impressions

Why would you need to change the harness if you could just move the pins to the right locations? The ecm connectors are the same. Same goes with the valve cover. There are still only 2 wires to each injector in either system. Who cares if there is 3 plugs or 2? Also, why would you need to change the pedal? The ecm is only looking for a voltage for TP right? Then just connect the proper wires for the CAN bus to the OBDII.

Sounds like you agree with my thoughts earlier buddy, I'll print out the pin outs for the 06-07 CAN ecm versus our 03-04 SCI's and see if there are any conflicts. This may be an easy swap, or not, lol.

It would be a easy swap if you don't care about bus communication. Should be able to tie the dual TPS inputs together for the older one wires.

Sounds like you agree with my thoughts earlier buddy, I'll print out the pin outs for the 06-07 CAN ecm versus our 03-04 SCI's and see if there are any conflicts. This may be an easy swap, or not, lol.
LOL good luck. watch the injector grounds.

Any news on the RPM limiter Rob??

Also does the Cummins SW have torque tables as the D-Max has???

It would be nice in theory to dial the TQ back while launching at the track to save shafts, then bring it back in after launch....:Cheer:

Any news on the RPM limiter Rob??

Also does the Cummins SW have torque tables as the D-Max has???

It would be nice in theory to dial the TQ back while launching at the track to save shafts, then bring it back in after launch....:Cheer:

Nothing yet Les. They are focusing on the scan tool and data logging right now.

Yeah Rob, I also think there are a few tables missing that are involved becuase no one needed them or cared about it. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, right. Regardless it is all good and stay at it.
mark are you doing anything with the cummins motors. i know gainers truck was unstopable against us this year and i hear your the man behind it. plus your not too far away!!
LOL good luck. watch the injector grounds.
elaborate on this any.

i too am going to look at the pin outs. joesixpak can u share your info on the tps differances with us wiring wise if we were to do a conversion. my truck is just a puller so im not worried about gauges.

mark are you doing anything with the cummins motors. i know gainers truck was unstopable against us this year and i hear your the man behind it. plus your not too far away!!

Yeap, I will definitely be getting into the Cummins market becuase of this software. I am lookin forward to this year even more.:st:

New EFI Library added to CompD.

Forgive me for not searching this whole thread to find the proper years and makes that the New EFI Software will be available for. But We have added a Upload and download area for those of you who have EFI Live and want to share files.

Take a look at the Categories and tell me if I need to add Combine delete or what ever You think we need to do.

Thanks Guys!

CompD EFI Live Library

New EFI Library added to CompD.

Forgive me for not searching this whole thread to find the proper years and makes that the New EFI Software will be available for. But We have added a Upload and download area for those of you who have EFI Live and want to share files.

Take a look at the Categories and tell me if I need to add Combine delete or what ever You think we need to do.

Thanks Guys!

CompD EFI Live Library

Awesome, thank you!!

Les

No Problem Just look at the Categories and let me know How I need to massage them.

http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/2006/docs/wd/dr/8w80connectorpinouts.pdf pages 79-81
http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/2004/docs/wd/drwd/8W-80/8W-80.pdf pages 58-60

These are the pinouts for an early 04 and an 06, and IF these pins are correct, looks like it would still be a very involved process. Very very few similarities in the two. It would probably just be easier to swap harnesses.

I agree. By the time you change all those pins and hope you have it right it would have been eaiser to pick up a 100.00 harness off ebay and swap the harness.

Also almost positive that the pedals are not interchangeable between those years of ecm's. The pedal itself works differently, its not just a matter of showing the ecm voltage. I forget the difference but I looked into that at one time and it would not work. I wanted to use an 03 APPS so the cruise servo would work on a 05 engine but the 05+ ecm would not work with a 03 pedal.

The later pedal has two circuits. One returns half the voltage of the other. For example if the one circuit return .50 volts at an idle, the other one return .25. If the ECM doesn't see that half difference, it will ignore input from the throttle.

Paul

Ya thats exactly what it was, the 03 pedal doesnt return that half voltage.