EFILive Beta First Impressions

Message to CR azzholes...
I am going to beat all of you with my VP setup and enjoy it thoroughly...
The End.

Ssshhh hahaha!
handbang.gif

Our intent is to develop support back to 2003. Anything prior to that hasn't been considered at this point of time. Once we've finished releasing support for our intended controllers, we'll go back and review what we'll tackle next.

Cheers
Cindy

Damn guess my 12 valve won't get the cool EFI tune I've always wanted. LOL

If you'd like, I'll send you 12 valve/VP trucks some EFI stickers so you don't feel left out. I'd hate to be politically incorrect and leave anyone out...well then I'd have to include Ford's, 6.5's, etc. Shoot I don't have that many stickers.

It would be nice if the vp guys would do some reading and stop asking if their trucks are going to covered. If they were going to be covered EFI would have said something about it.

Although I don't even remotely look for it to happen, it was brought up that ideas for future plans of what was to come had a lot to do with the demand requests. Granted there aren't anymore VP powered Dodges being sold new, there is a huge number of these trucks still running that would like some sort of additional support further than is currently given. Would it have to be elaborate? No. Will it make that much difference in power output? I'm sure it wouldn't. Would the drivability and smoke/fuel control be better with some of the latest pumps and injectors that have been released recently. I can only imagine the answer would be yes, which may actually allow a gain in power potential. But then again, wish in one hand...

If you'd like, I'll send you 12 valve/VP trucks some EFI stickers so you don't feel left out. I'd hate to be politically incorrect and leave anyone out...well then I'd have to include Ford's, 6.5's, etc. Shoot I don't have that many stickers.

Um, I'll take some stickers... ;)

Last edited:
vp guys should just ppump and be done. its a lot of fun, but back on topic anymore test videos out there i'm dying to see some of efi in action on a cummins.

anymore test videos out there i'm dying to see some of efi in action on a cummins.
We have some of the egt probe going past 1700 on a couple test tunes with stock turbo and stock injectors...:ft: Anyone want to buy a very lightly used 07 5.9?

All I am saying is if they were to read or use the search button their question would be answered.

vp guys should just ppump and be done...

To each their own, but saying that is no different than saying, "P-pump guys should just common rail and be done," or " Common rail guys should just P-pump and be done."

Sorry to derail a thread that is actually very welcomed and useful to the site.

backtotopic.gif

Great job getting this much accomplished thus far. Can't wait to see what this year brings.

Well, if any of the beta testers need a 6.7 to play with, I've got a 2010 g56 truck that i might be willing to part with for a while.:evil

To each their own, but saying that is no different than saying, "P-pump guys should just common rail and be done," or " Common rail guys should just P-pump and be done."

Sorry to derail a thread that is actually very welcomed and useful to the site.

backtotopic.gif

Great job getting this much accomplished thus far. Can't wait to see what this year brings.

yeah because p-pump kits are so common for a common rail... lets see 5k to p-pump a common rail or efi?? or vp to p-pump swap about 2k..... And we have to grind our block to make it work on a common rail... vp stay outta our thread.. derailing it... let us bask in this then start your own thread what about us.:Cheer:

We have some of the egt probe going past 1700 on a couple test tunes with stock turbo and stock injectors...:ft: Anyone want to buy a very lightly used 07 5.9?

so what your saying is you can push alot of fuel and duration with stock sticks lol

yeah because p-pump kits are so common for a common rail... lets see 5k to p-pump a common rail or efi?? or vp to p-pump swap about 2k..... And we have to grind our block to make it work on a common rail... vp stay outta our thread.. derailing it... let us bask in this then start your own thread what about us.:Cheer:

Your thread? Nice. At this point even EFILive is not common to a common rail dodge so your point is ironically pointless. The whole "You VP guys should just..." statement from the post I quoted earlier is an opinion and an ignorant one at best. I would think the entire dodge crowd would be basking in all of what is to come. Since I've been debating between an 06-11 dodge myself, I'm more than interested in the progress as well. Especially since it was said that although the VP's weren't on the list as of now it doesn't mean it won't happen. After all at one point there were no plans to support the common rail dodge group either but now it is a reality. Again, sorry for the derail. Back to topic.

well smoke to be honest with you i would take any cummins from first gen to fourth gen.
so before we start callin ppl ignorant. least all agree this is a great advancement in the aftermarket for the cummins. it will give the end user all the capablitys to tune there vehicle. as far vp guys are maybe efi will give them something. i just want us to keep moving as a sport. i myself would love a cr but its just not in the cards right now so ill stick to my old ignorant ways of old technology i guess efi live ftw.

hmm, moving on...

So who all thinks the current batch of boxes (tst/ez/quad/etc) will become fancy paperweights? I mean shoot, who in the world is going to want them after EFILIVE shows just how smooth you can make even the highest HP trucks?

...so before we start callin ppl ignorant...
Not necessarily you but your statement earlier. It's all good though. Regardless of who all gets it, it's definitely a step in the right direction if only for the fact of knowing what's going on with the engine instead of being in the dark. If more efficient power comes from it, which it obviously has and will, then even better.

Last edited:
im just messin with ya but yeah this is goin to be a perfect tool for dd trucks with big power

hmm, moving on...

So who all thinks the current batch of boxes (tst/ez/quad/etc) will become fancy paperweights? I mean shoot, who in the world is going to want them after EFILIVE shows just how smooth you can make even the highest HP trucks?

I imagine that you will be surprised with the number of people that will stick to the box tuners, I mean look at all the dmax guys that are still running ppe and all that stuff. ( I have a dmax right now with efi and I wouldnt trade efi for any tuner out there)

Hey beta testers, do yall have any videos that yall have takin, I know there are 3 on youtube. Can Yall post up some more videos?