EFILive Beta First Impressions

hmm, moving on...

So who all thinks the current batch of boxes (tst/ez/quad/etc) will become fancy paperweights? I mean shoot, who in the world is going to want them after EFILIVE shows just how smooth you can make even the highest HP trucks?

There will still be a good market for the "box" tuners. It takes a little bit of time and effort to learn how to use EFI Live properly, even if you are just simply applying scripts that someone else made. A lot of people will still opt to stick with simple plug and play.

Hey beta testers, do yall have any videos that yall have takin, I know there are 3 on youtube. Can Yall post up some more videos?

What kind of videos do you want to see? The 2x4 trying to spin tires on icy streets is cool. Really don't have high HP stuff yet, that is why there are no decent videos out showing anything worth showing. Wait until the rpm limiter is cracked, there will be a dozen up in the first hour.

whats the possiblity of there being a switch like the DSP2 and DSP5?

Everything the efi crew is saying, is there will be room for it. It is a very nice feature and a good selling point for the Duramax, so I think if it is possible EFI will do it.

Last edited:
So with still not having logging or the rpm limiters figured out the late febuary release guess might not hold hopefull...? just wondering. thanks Danny

I'm hopefull, we received an update last night on tuning, so EFI is still working hard on it.

Those are a couple of basic vids I made while testing. It's still there, true.

Ross will track it down soon enough I'm sure. Data logging is the priority right now, all good things in time.

Nick

Last edited:
I told you... you will always be .25 seconds slower than me so long as i'm tuning your truck LMFAO

So how far is efi trying to take the rev limiter. I just wanted to see more of yalls pulls like 0-60. anything of that nature.

Also maybe to see how much efi cleans up smoke. does it smoke like smarty or light?

So how far is efi trying to take the rev limiter. I just wanted to see more of yalls pulls like 0-60. anything of that nature.

Also maybe to see how much efi cleans up smoke. does it smoke like smarty or light?

Depends on the tuning and the truck in terms of smoke output....

Nick has a whole bunch of air, so i can't make his blow smoke even if i wanted to other than him lugging it bad (it's a manual)..... or popping the throttle at an idle.....

Then there's Gary's truck i'm tuning... 07 5.9, SBS Diesel... he's got an II modded CP3 and bigger sticks, but a stock turbo.... I can make his smoke like a freight train if i wanted to..... but, I like 'clean'... and i've tried to tune it that way.....

So again, everything is relative to the truck - not just the tune :rockwoot:

Oh ya.... rev limiter.... why have a limit for a limiter? :) Right now, i think there are a couple testers looking for 5000 RPM out of the 5.9s they're working on....

Last edited:
Oh ya.... rev limiter.... why have a limit for a limiter? :) Right now, i think there are a couple testers looking for 5000 RPM out of the 5.9s they're working on....

Looking for and obtaining are two very different things... anyone go past the magical 4200 yet?

Does anybody read threads before asking a question anymore? I swear the same questions keep getting asked and answered on about every page of this thread!

So what are they at, like what is the rev hitting.

Also so you can tune the truck to make it to where there is little smoke and big power or heavy smoke and big power?

also has anyone dynoed to see what kind of horsepower it is adding, if not what can yall tell just driving?

Does anybody read threads before asking a question anymore? I swear the same questions keep getting asked and answered on about every page of this thread!
Agreed
also has anyone dynoed to see what kind of horsepower it is adding, if not what can yall tell just driving?
What kind of question is that? Read this whole thread and go visit the Efi-live forums and educate yourself.
The V2 is a flashscan device that will allow you to reprogram your ECM. It's not about how much hp efi gives you by using it, it's about how you(or your tuner) can massage the tables to get the most out of your vehicle.

Rev limit is still at 3,500rpm and electronic turbo wastegate opens at 25psi. Another table to find. Smoke is definitely not as bad as other programmers. Like I am utilizing some limiting tables to hold some fuel back until boost comes on instead of dumping fuel in once peddle is mashed.