EFILive Beta First Impressions

I don't expect any blow the dyno numbers up out of the trucks, however, i'd like to be put a stout number down for the stock turbo class with his truck. I think we can make can it in the top couple of trucks in that class..... Those damn Fords, if they're there, will be hard to beat by any other stock turbo'd truck.

I would love to know what kind of #'s you can get out of a stock charger with EFI. Keep us updated.

I've read all of the pages and don't recall seeing pricing for custom tunes. I know it all depends on the tuner but does anyone have a ballpark. I hope tuners are getting ready for a flood of cummins owners looking for max hp, minimum smoke and smoother running engine. Thanks for the hard work and answering the call of the consumer for something better.

$99/tune, I think

Thats just for the vin, and that would be for customers who already have purchased the initaial scan tool and 400.00 first liscense and software. First liscense will come with 2 vins. I would say you will find shops doing tunes at or around 300.00

My plan is to possibly run up to Kennedy Diesel and let him tune my truck on his dyno when the 04.5 stuff's ready. Over time I may step it up to adjusting stuff my self. We'll see how that goes. ;-)

I've read all of the pages and don't recall seeing pricing for custom tunes. I know it all depends on the tuner but does anyone have a ballpark. I hope tuners are getting ready for a flood of cummins owners looking for max hp, minimum smoke and smoother running engine. Thanks for the hard work and answering the call of the consumer for something better.

Not sure on everyones prices. Can't really disclose mine yet since i'm not completely set up as vendor - however i think another answered pretty close to what i'd expect you to find provided you have your own V2 and available VIN license available.... (and no, not the $99 - that is for an additional VIN license).

yup! We're gonna turn it up and get a big # out of yours. I want to see what a stock turbo with some fuel behind it will do!

What kind of fuel mods are done to the truck that will be using the stock turbo? I'm interested in seeing what the results will be.

What kind of fuel mods are done to the truck that will be using the stock turbo? I'm interested in seeing what the results will be.

I'll let Gary speak up about the specifics if he wants to because it's his truck - but I will be happy to post #'s tomorrow if they mean much to anyone...

The dyno is known for being extremely tight (Gillett Diesel) - however they've recently had to upgrade a computer and apparently it is reading higher now than it ever used to (same stock trucks used for before and after calibration) - so.... I hate quoting dyno numbers because i don't think they mean alot unless everyone's had a turn on that dyno....

I'm just hoping to get him close to the twinned Fords in the stock class. I don't think anyone can beat them in the stock class.

I'm interested in seeing what numbers ya'll put down. I know a guy who put down 586 on fuel with the 6.4 w/ stock twins... 809/1498 on nitrous.

I'm interested in seeing what numbers ya'll put down. I know a guy who put down 586 on fuel with the 6.4 w/ stock twins... 809/1498 on nitrous.

Was that on Gillette's dyno?? Highest Ford on that dyno last year, 6.4 with fuel only, was 504 i think (in stock class). They won by over 25 HP. Just to let you know how 'tight' this dyno is, and no correction factor. We are at about 4500 feet elevation too...

Anyways - everyone competing in this one is is on the same roller, so all's fair!

Was that on Gillette's dyno?? Highest Ford on that dyno last year, 6.4 with fuel only, was 504 i think (in stock class). They won by over 25 HP. Just to let you know how 'tight' this dyno is, and no correction factor. We are at about 4500 feet elevation too...

Anyways - everyone competing in this one is is on the same roller, so all's fair!

Have you tuned any high hp Cummins yet? I would like to see the difference between my Smarty and pressure box VS EFIlive!!!!!