EFILive Beta First Impressions

Have you tuned any high hp Cummins yet? I would like to see the difference between my Smarty and pressure box VS EFIlive!!!!!

Nope. Working on it. I have a stack of 03-05 Dodges waiting for EFI to roll around to them... couple of the biggest builds around my parts. On the 06-07 Dodges I only have one 'big' build but waiting for official release. I'm doing that truck for II - it's one of their sled pullers with a huge single...

I have 2 bone stock trucks i've worked on plus 1 with stock turbo and fuel upgrades, 1 with twin turbos stock CP3 with bag of parts.

Stock turbo with fuel mods did 504 HP and around 1000 torque (sorry, don't remember exact #). this was an 07 manual trans

Twin turbo with bag of parts on single stock CP3 stock injectors did 549 HP and 1090 torque. also 07 manual.

In terms of 'big' trucks, there's only 1-2 that i've heard of in the beta - and they don't have any results that i've heard yet. I wanted to start out on smaller modded trucks (like pretty much all of us in the beta for Cummins) to learn the trucks and 'test' instead of trouble shoot a big modded up one.

Anyway - enough rambling. I'm happy with the results, even though we didn't win in either class. It was time to get some efilive trucks on the dyno and see - Todays competition at Gillette was the perfect opportunity to see where we're at.

-->Zach

These resiults have been posted this long with no comments. Is 500whp a let down or good news? I guess it depends on street manners. I'm ready to hear some auto trans numbers and maybe some 1/4 miles.

can the efi live be used to clear codes without the scan tool? i have a code i need to clear.

These resiults have been posted this long with no comments. Is 500whp a let down or good news? I guess it depends on street manners. I'm ready to hear some auto trans numbers and maybe some 1/4 miles.

Well it wasn't enough to win the stock turbo class. I'm not positive what the winning # was but i think it was a 6.4 Ford... I know there was another Dodge there too, stock turbo but had alot of other stuff done that did 534. Not sure of what his 'setup' is, but definitely had enough other things done to make more power.

Also, Gary's truck (the EFI tuned truck Dodge) had big 37" tires he was turning compared to trucks with smaller tires. We didn't do anything like pop the filter off like some trucks did, or do anything other than strap it to the dyno the same way he drives it down the street...

My experience yesterday seems that the dyno was loosening up later in the day (better air? who knows why) but numbers were starting to get higher on very similar trucks... This is why i don't like dyno #s for comparison... things change :)

From a tuning perspective, i was very happy with both the Dodge trucks and all the Duramaxes I had worked on. So were the owners.

Drivability of the Dodges, people are LOVING. Nick, with twins and stock CP3 spools easier, runs better, and quieter than the tuner he ran for 2 years. Garys truck is VERY much improved over his old tuner, no more surging, got rid of alot of the smoke (he has fuel mods but stock turbo).... I'll let those guys chime in and tell you any specifics they want to share - but what they report to me, they are very happy. Garys had no rattle whatsoever which received ALOT of comments, and he put down 504 HP on that dyno with a big torque #. Same is true of Nicks with twins. Both had horrible rattle with their previous tuners.

It was a good day. I learned alot and I think alot of others observing did do. Lots of guys excited.

They will.... I'm sure. You add more fuel and air, can't help but 'generally' make more power.

Nicks truck, stock sticks and stock CP3 pump with II bag of parts and then II twins did 549 and almost 1100 torque.

To give a fair comparison Garys truck, stock turbo class, did around 1140 torque #. The unlimited trucks - fuel only and nitrous runs... biggest run of the day in HP was a triple turbo Duramax with 932 HP and 12xx torque. Biggest Dodge # fuel only was 875 HP i think, stand alone ECM and all... I think did about 1400 Torque. I'm waiting on official #s to be posted, but thats what was quoted to me off the number board. So, really - comparing the stock # to the biggest trucks that showed up, I think that speaks pretty good to how much more we might be able to gain when the built motor triple turbo dual modded cp3 trucks with 100 over sticks are ready to be tuned....

There is a long ways to go, but I expect to see great results with the heavily modded trucks all the way down to bone stock.

Ill donate my truck to use for anyone wanting to beta test a modded truck. next week its getting a S468-83-t4, valve springs and a PDI manifold. should be a fairly high number. Id like to dyno the differnce between bdcl and efi with my mods.

I anticipate pricing to be in line with the Duramax pricing. You can see pricing on my site or call if you'd like to discuss individual tuning needs.

well this one seems to get more exposure, so I should have put this here initially.

wow, this one needs a bump to the top, how's the release date coming along ? and please, how bout a true gut feel for when the 04.5 trucks are going to be graced with support and a potential release date as well. ? we are not talking a year are we? couple months, several ???

well this one seems to get more exposure, so I should have put this here initially.

wow, this one needs a bump to the top, how's the release date coming along ? and please, how bout a true gut feel for when the 04.5 trucks are going to be graced with support and a potential release date as well. ? we are not talking a year are we? couple months, several ???

Scan Tool is currently in the hands of the beta testers. Feedback at this point has been good, however it's only been in beta for a couple of days and they have just touched the surface, so further testing is still needed. I hope to post some screen shots later today or tomorrow.

The plan is to release 06-07 Support within the next couple of weeks, ideally before Easter.

SCI support won't be considered until LAST on our development list. The timing depends on the timing of the rest of the projects. This project looks like it will be 4-6 weeks over plan so there is no point in giving you a date because it's just too far out to determine with any accuracy.

Cheers
Cindy