EFILive Beta First Impressions

Any way for those without Facebook to see it?

I'll see, there were mobile uploads directly to Facebook, so were not posted elsewhere (like Youtube) first.

Crawl out of your cave and get FB my man!! Lol, that's what everybody kept telling me. I assume that EFI will publicly announce release via FB too? I stay up to speed there more than I do here day to day.

The developers at EFILive like their little caves. Paul doesn't own a mobile phone, Ross has one but it always sits on the fridge. And neither of them have every used Facebook. I doubt any of that will change soon.

Yes, we will announce our release of Facebook (along with the forums we sponsor and our own). Push notifications (ie posting to your home page on FB) is so much faster to get information to users, unlike a forum where you have to log on and "find" information, pushing the information to users makes sense.

Cheers
Cindy

EFILive Cummins Tuning by StarLite Diesel

Here is one of the trucks i've been working... There are other videos I'll have to get posted clear back in the beginning.... I'll get them uploaded sometime soon.

The description tells what this particular video is about.... a clean 100 HP on a basically stock truck.... This was not a max HP effort, but actually testing other parameters and for throttle hang issues....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoyWdmJIXKI

The way I see it (dealing with fb)....is anyone from your past that you were hiding from or running away from, can hunt you down...had a old gf try to find me, she was very clingy, kinda nutty....no kids were involved (thankfully!!)..

Any Ideas if EFI will eventually be able to at least control lockup of the TC in the 48re?

The way I see it (dealing with fb)....is anyone from your past that you were hiding from or running away from, can hunt you down...had a old gf try to find me, she was very clingy, kinda nutty....no kids were involved (thankfully!!)..

Thats one of the reasons I am NOT with FB or Myspace. I really don't like people hunting me down and if I have not been in contact with you then I have moved on!

Any Ideas if EFI will eventually be able to at least control lockup of the TC in the 48re?

Earlier in this thread, I do recall some mention of TVVA control so maybe not right away but the PCM is part of the ECM and tranny control should be there for us to have some control over. I guess we can wait for one of the beta testers or EFI to weigh in on this.

I thought i had read that too, but I was not going to re read 1000+ posts to find my answer. I am hoping that we can at least control Lock up, that way I do not need to buy a lock up controller or install a switch.

Once the first release is out publicly, when will the following happen? Will it be after the 6.7 and 03/04 trucks are done, or will you complete development on the 5.9 first before moving on?

Once the first release is out publicly, when will the following happen? Will it be after the 6.7 and 03/04 trucks are done, or will you complete development on the 5.9 first before moving on?

X2

I'm thinking I should wait for all to be settled before jumping.

This Fall is my guess, Cindy care to comment?

Im just curious as to how long it will take for them to get these other tables into the program after the first release is complete... hopefully not long and before they move on to other development.

would like to know the plan aswell. moving on to the other years or perfecting 06-07 first. from what i heard the 6.7 is going to be pretty simple to move foreward on? can any betas elaborate on this?

The short answer is development never stops, and we won't stop working on one platform to solely concentrate on another - while we have developed Cummins support, we've also developed support for 3 new GM controllers and added tables to a number of existing controllers.

The long answer.....
I would suggest that we will need a couple of weeks after release to settle down our 5.9L support before we move onto 6.7L.

While each platform we release support on is different, from our experience with the Duramax I can tell you that we released LB7 and LLY support (2 distinct platforms) within a few months of each other.

In terms of ongoing development, the tables available now for LB7 and LLY are 100% more than in our first release. Products evolve, the skill level of tuners evolve, after market parts evolve, and EFILive evolves with these changes. 5 years after our release, we are still adding functionality - although this is now reduced to providing tuning control for new parts.

Our first Duramax releases provided a tool never seen before in the Duramax world. The tuning in those first releases produced the same if not better results when compared against box tuner. For racers and pullers, our release provided a stable benchmark to develop suitable tuning for their specific applications. The difference was the feedback users were able to provide with the scan tool.

It was those scan tool logs over weeks and months that allowed us to diagnose conditions, and find solutions with additional tables in between developing support for new controllers. Our users won't need to provide detailed descriptions on how their truck feels, and we won't need to attempt to interpret what they say and feel - the detail will be in the data.

Like Duramax, we are highly confident that our first release will produce better results than box tuners. We also expect that over the coming months additional functionality will be added.

I expect that we will have 6.7L in beta and we will be adding tables for 5.9L at the same time based on customer requests and logs.

Cheers
Cindy

Last edited:
so your saying the older 5.9s will possibly be supported this year still. that is great news and awesome to hear. keep up the good work