EFILive Beta First Impressions

I can back up Cindy's comments on continuing development. Over 5 years ago when working with efi on our twin turbo dmax, we needed tables that no one thought about. They found them and improved performance. They have always listened to our feedback over the years and find the needed tables when we are missing something.

Are we going to be able to tune out that dreaded 1-2 sec cummins lag? I have a S300 over a K31 and they tell me it is a fast spooling twin set, but even with the stock turbo and smarty there was allways that lag. Seemed to get better if I left torque managment on stock (but thats no fun!)

Been following this thread all along, can't wait for the release!!

Are we going to be able to tune out that dreaded 1-2 sec cummins lag? I have a S300 over a K31 and they tell me it is a fast spooling twin set, but even with the stock turbo and smarty there was allways that lag. Seemed to get better if I left torque managment on stock (but thats no fun!)

Been following this thread all along, can't wait for the release!!

Yes!!!! Lag is all but gone with my 66mm.

Keep the low end duration down until boost comes up and smoke free and insta light!!!

Thanks
Les

Keep the low end duration down until boost comes up and smoke free and insta light!!!

Thanks
Les

What about decent egts with a 66 while tuned to between 6-800hp towing a camper up a 7% grade to over 11,000ft in the middle of summer? Cause I'm doing that in oh say, 31 days. LOL

What about decent egts with a 66 while tuned to between 6-800hp towing a camper up a 7% grade to over 11,000ft in the middle of summer? Cause I'm doing that in oh say, 31 days. LOL

You can tune for elevation so yes you can have decent egt's at 11,000ft, but anything is laggy that high

You can tune for elevation so yes you can have decent egt's at 11,000ft, but anything is laggy that high

I wasn't being serious. I know my set-up isn't ideal for towing, besides all of that I have an SCI truck. Level 1 on TNTR and RPMs up. Hopefully she'll keep decenlty cool. I can't wait until I can tune for it though. I'm so annoyed with smoke it isn't even funny.

Thanks
Les

Thanks Les I really feel the last bit of lag I have is tuning related, glad there is a cure for it!!

Who is working on EFI in the northern IL area? I am interested once it is avaliable for the 03. Is there someone near Madison, Milwaukee, Rockford??? Or will i have to travel farther?
Since i have a conversion it might provide some other concerns that a Dodge platform does not. I know i have a bunch of DTC's since there is a bunch of stuff left off of the factory harness.

Who is working on EFI in the northern IL area? I am interested once it is avaliable for the 03. Is there someone near Madison, Milwaukee, Rockford??? Or will i have to travel farther?
Since i have a conversion it might provide some other concerns that a Dodge platform does not. I know i have a bunch of DTC's since there is a bunch of stuff left off of the factory harness.

Yeah thats nick check out duramaxtuner.com for some of his work. Really good, he did my dmax

Funny you post that. I just ran into a buddy yesterday that i have not seen for a while and he had Nick tune his D max

Black V2 will support GM and CAN based Cummins (06 5.9 through to current)

Blue V2 will support GM and SCI and CAN based Cummins (03 through to current)

Customers with an existing V2 used for GM tuning will need to purchase the Cummins Tuning License for $399 to enable Cummins Tuning.

Customers who have not yet purchased our product can decide which Tuning License they require - GM, Cummins, or both.

Cheers
Cindy

so is this week the week still cindy?

I posted the below on another forum 2 days ago......

In the next couple of days we will release to the beta testers what we hope will become the first public release.

They are getting a full install along with some updated descriptions, and additional tuning parameters. We've also removed some parameters for this release that have no impact on tuning, or add confusion to the tuning puzzle. If that install works flawlessly, and the additional parameters work as designed, public release will follow within days.

Cheers
Cindy