EFILive Beta First Impressions

I posted the below on another forum 2 days ago......

In the next couple of days we will release to the beta testers what we hope will become the first public release.

They are getting a full install along with some updated descriptions, and additional tuning parameters. We've also removed some parameters for this release that have no impact on tuning, or add confusion to the tuning puzzle. If that install works flawlessly, and the additional parameters work as designed, public release will follow within days.

Cheers
Cindy

That's great news!

Black V2 will support GM and CAN based Cummins (06 5.9 through to current)

Blue V2 will support GM and SCI and CAN based Cummins (03 through to current)

HM!! Somewhere in the 62 pages of post I missed that and I had wondered for some time about this. So if person can wait for the Blue V2 then you could tune all GM and CR Cummins.. If I correctly understand.

HM!! Somewhere in the 62 pages of post I missed that and I had wondered for some time about this. So if person can wait for the Blue V2 then you could tune all GM and CR Cummins.. If I correctly understand.

Blue V2's have been shipped as our standard product since Christmas 2010. All V2's purchased prior to Dec 2010 are Black and DO NOT contain the board revision needed for SCI.

Black V2's will tune Cummins - just not the 03-05.

Cheers
Cindy

Not to derail but ecc 33 I like your sponsors!!!

Thanks, There is a story behind my sponsers. When I used to truck pull my uncle always let me use his dually and goose neck trailer to go to any and all truck pulls. A bunch of people started rumors stating he was dumping mad money into my truck. So I kinda came up with that to counter act there sarcasm. Your the first one to comment on it LOL

It sucked, but I learned a bunch. Glad I'm figuring the limitations and changes needed now instead of after release. Things are coming around. I made another 500+ mile trip on Tuesday towing a lighter trailer but high speeds. and was up in the 15.5-16mpg range.

I have some video of us pulling that big load up a mountain in OR called cabbage that is approx 6% grade for 6-7 miles. I'll post up the video of gauges and mph. I really like this truck now for pulling big loads, even stock with the CAT still on.

It sucked, but I learned a bunch. Glad I'm figuring the limitations and changes needed now instead of after release. Things are coming around. I made another 500+ mile trip on Tuesday towing a lighter trailer but high speeds. and was up in the 15.5-16mpg range.

I have some video of us pulling that big load up a mountain in OR called cabbage that is approx 6% grade for 6-7 miles. I'll post up the video of gauges and mph. I really like this truck now for pulling big loads, even stock with the CAT still on.

15-16mpg :rockwoot: I could live with that very well.:cheer:

yeah me too, my company is fixing to make drive my own truck so the extra fuel mileage will be great

I posted this on another forum but I figured I'd ask here as well to spread the word. With that being said I don't think this question has been asked before but I know if you have an exhaust brake and turn it on while idling in the winter it helps warm the engine up faster. Is there a way with efi live for those of us without exhaust brakes to tune the truck to warm up faster besides using the high idle feature? Maybe if there is a way to do this in conjunction with the high idle feature we could get our engine up to temp faster allowing the heater to work quicker. I know it can take awhile for the inside of the cab to get comfortable. It might be an off the wall question but I figured I'd ask anyway. If we had a DSP5 switch this could be the first setting for 1st thing in the morning or something to that effect. I've never heard of anyone with the Dmax having this feature so I don't know if it could be done.

Nothing that comes to mind right off the bat for that type of requirement. There are things you can change using ECT/idle tables, but the results will be min. IMHO.

There are things that tuning cannot change with mechanical help.

yeah I wasn't sure if it was possible and if it was I'd think guys who lived in the colder climates would like a tune that could do this. I know it can take my truck a long time to get up to temp in the winter.

Hey Rob I wish I could get 15-16 for an average for dd let alone pulling a trailer. I will be purchasing the goods from you when it is released. Will you have a (stock) safe tune withal little extra umph and great mpg tune. I am in Medford Oregon and would make the trip up to see you.

Nothing that comes to mind right off the bat for that type of requirement. There are things you can change using ECT/idle tables, but the results will be min. IMHO.

There are things that tuning cannot change with mechanical help.

Rob,
In another thread someone mention shutting down three cylinders like they do with the 2nd gen high idle. Maybe something like this is possible?

The exhaust brake is corking up the exhaust inside the motor, thus keeping a lot more heat in the motor as well. I do not think that there is a way to duplicate that with tuning alone.

Who is working on EFI in the northern IL area? I am interested once it is avaliable for the 03. Is there someone near Madison, Milwaukee, Rockford??? Or will i have to travel farther?
Since i have a conversion it might provide some other concerns that a Dodge platform does not. I know i have a bunch of DTC's since there is a bunch of stuff left off of the factory harness.

You have Dan's Diesel Performance in Marengo as well.