EFILive Beta First Impressions

Bobo is in that area also. Tuning for the Duramax is 90% done remotely anyway. With being able to send data logs and tunes via email, it's very easy to dial in tuning.

Hey Rob I wish I could get 15-16 for an average for dd let alone pulling a trailer. I will be purchasing the goods from you when it is released. Will you have a (stock) safe tune withal little extra umph and great mpg tune. I am in Medford Oregon and would make the trip up to see you.

We purposely kept our tow truck stock for testing. Having the CAT on it as well as this POS stock torque converter help me gather data on what the limits are.

Believe me, I'd love to put a good converter in this thing because I hate the stock one, but twe're esting for the guys that will never do that.

Blue V2's have been shipped as our standard product since Christmas 2010. All V2's purchased prior to Dec 2010 are Black and DO NOT contain the board revision needed for SCI.

Black V2's will tune Cummins - just not the 03-05.

Cheers
Cindy

Ok, thank you for that clarification. I shall continue the waiting process. :D

Will you be able to recalibrate for tire dia -gear ratio change?
How much will EFI live alow you to change shift points on trucks that are in testing right now?

Will you be able to recalibrate for tire dia -gear ratio change?
How much will EFI live alow you to change shift points on trucks that are in testing right now?

We can calibrate for tire size now, based on rev/mile.

Shift points are not avail now...but talk of some later on.

Thanks
Les

So you use a laptop to program and download to v2 then to ECM via obdII port?

Use V2 and laptop to pull existing stock tune. Save to laptop, modify on laptop.
Save new file on laptop, connect to ECM through V2 with laptop...flash new tune to ECM.

Eventually, you'll be able to read/flash without laptop. It's called Black Box Flashing.

Pull tune with just V2, take to computer and save from V2 to computer.

Modify tune, save new tune on computer.

Save new tune on V2

Take V2 to truck, and flash.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Les

No dice on a release this week I take it...

Black Box not available on first release?

Hopefully "some" trans control be available down he road. I would just like to command TC lock-up in 3rd without the tow/haul feature enabled.

-Jeremy

Last edited:
Just hashing out the final details...thank you everyone for your patience.

We realize its taken longer than we expected.
We are working on the final version right now and expect it to be publicly available early next week.
Depending on our test results this week, a pre-release version may be available sooner.

Cheers
Cindy

Take your time and get it right, i don't mine. Thanks to all of you who have been working on this so us cummins guys can enjoy a better running truck.