fastest with just a tune??

Brothers 2011 duramax LML intake, down pipe, 5" exhaust, lift pump, H&S tune 8.6s

Brothers 2002 duramax lb7 intake, 5" exhaust, ppe valve, banks wastegate, suncoast, efi live tuned be him, lift pump 7.89

Buddy's 2011 Powerstroke 6.7 intake 5" exhaust H&S custom tune 8.8s

Sorry y'all. The whole time I have been on here today I have been driving a truck down the road and my iPhone in my right hand trying to reply to all of y'all. Just didnt catch all the smart comments and I will never dare abbreviate a word on here again. Learned my lesson.

You're corrections are invalid.

images

Sorry y'all. The whole time I have been on here today I have been driving a truck down the road and my iPhone in my right hand trying to reply to all of y'all. Just didnt catch all the smart comments and I will never dare abbreviate a word on here again. Learned my lesson.

Punctuation! There you are. Oh how I have missed thee.

I believe that the whole point of this has been muddied.... the point is, that exactly apple to apple a 6.4 equipped truck is going to be pretty close to a second faster in the 1/4 mile (stock)

Stock means,,- as it came off the showroom floor,, just plug in a off the shelf programmer such as a dashpaq and go.... no intake, no exhaust no nothing.

A built tranny is by itself probably worth a half second or more,, intake can be a tenth or more, exhaust the same,,,,

I am saying, and stand by, a duramax lbz cc/sb with 373 gears,, will not break into the 13's. And the same thing in a ford, with a 6.4 (which by the way weighs about 800lbs more) could possibly hit the 12's (for sure low low 13's as in 13.0x)

You can put up all the duramaxs you want that go in the 12's etc... they all have a built tranny for sure (even with a guru tuning them they will not handle much over 500 hp) they will have a after market exhaust, they will have a aftermarket intake they will have a lift pump etc. And they will have the front end either sleeved, dropped to the ground, or......

Dont read this as I am a duramax hater. But really more of a person who is just calling it as it is.
You obviously don't know what the **** you're talking about. I personally tuned and drove my dad's CC/LB dually LMM Duramax to a 13.6 on the brakes a couple of years ago. It also made a bunch of 13.7 and 13.8 passes that same day. The only mods were an EFILive tune and a 4" exhaust just for the DPF delete. Here's a video of the run.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yn-jWcaoXI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Yn-jWcaoXI[/ame]

First off buddy,, I probably know a bit more than you think,,, and if you read my post,, rather than just gloss over it you would see that... I said that the 6.4 is close to a second faster ,,, high 12's to high 13's is pretty close to a second as far as I can count.... also my tranny wont go into limp mode at any given moment..

It is a proven face (over and over) the 6.4 is fast. The superdutys are around 8000lbs,, the comparable chevys are just over 7000lbs, and yet the ford is faster ( I realize that the duramax can be made fast,, very fast.) And the duramax is much faster than a cummins with the same mods, but not as fast as the 6.4 period.... now I dont know personally what a 6.4 will do heavily modded, as there isnt a ton of them around (yet) but with just throwing a off the shelf tuner on they are amazingly fast.

Oh,, and try running in the 13's with the dpf on,, I did with my truck........I bet you dont do it... and that was before I had my SCT tuner, I just had a crappy tuner I had bought cheap just to get me through that year of racing

Pete Shibby who works for us has his 03 reg cab Dmax running 12.20 at 111.04mph. Number 4 on the list. Has modified intake, boost valve, banks wastegate, LMM CP3 with bag-o-parts, 4" exhaust, stage 5 trans, AirDog 165. OEM head bolts, our EFILive tuning, and gaskets with 269,000 miles on the clock. Stock injectors, oem turbo. No gauges. Dynoed at 540rwhp and 1,100ftlbs

No doubt the 6.4's run strong! But I'm lost on this Duramax's not running 13's w/ minimal mods thing I guess?

I went 13.3 at 4800ft elevation with a 1.9 60ft on a stock turbo, stock trans, stock injection, larger than stock tires truck... shoot I left it in 4th and revved it out just to be on the safe side of things trans wise... That 12 second 6.4 isn't going to produce those same numbers up here at this altitude...

Oh,, and try running in the 13's with the dpf on,, I did with my truck........I bet you dont do it... and that was before I had my SCT tuner, I just had a crappy tuner I had bought cheap just to get me through that year of racing

Well mine didnt come with a dpf... so I guess I can compare it to a 6.0 :hehe:
Sorry.. couldn't resist :)

6 pages and nobody has schooled 6.4boy on how to multiquote yet????

WTH!!

Come on Pinkster!! Teach the boy something. I don't have it in me right now.