fastest with just a tune??

No doubt the 6.4's run strong! But I'm lost on this Duramax's not running 13's w/ minimal mods thing I guess?

I went 13.3 at 4800ft elevation with a 1.9 60ft on a stock turbo, stock trans, stock injection, larger than stock tires truck... shoot I left it in 4th and revved it out just to be on the safe side of things trans wise... That 12 second 6.4 isn't going to produce those same numbers up here at this altitude...

Well mine didnt come with a dpf... so I guess I can compare it to a 6.0 :hehe:
Sorry.. couldn't resist :)

Well your truck is pretty special I would say, or it isn't as stock as you say. The fastest stock lbz with just a tuner that I have seen is low 14's. That was at 2300 feet

I am a little puzzled as to your thinking that the 6.4 won't run as strong at that altitude. Turbo vehicles do not notice altitude nearly as much as naturally asperated engines.

I'd disagree with that. Especially if you can't stay on top of the charger. Seen time and time again at bandimere.

6 pages and nobody has schooled 6.4boy on how to multiquote yet????

WTH!!

Come on Pinkster!! Teach the boy something. I don't have it in me right now.

Oh boo #2, I tried with the grammar and spelling! You see where that got me! :lolly: perhaps later when I'm feeling educational! Hahaha :)

Sent from my iPhone

Well your truck is pretty special I would say, or it isn't as stock as you say. The fastest stock lbz with just a tuner that I have seen is low 14's. That was at 2300 feet

guess you haven't seen many duramax's....my truck ran a 13.8 in 2wd with a PPE and exhaust.

First off buddy,, I probably know a bit more than you think,,, and if you read my post,, rather than just gloss over it you would see that... I said that the 6.4 is close to a second faster ,,, high 12's to high 13's is pretty close to a second as far as I can count.... also my tranny wont go into limp mode at any given moment..

It is a proven face (over and over) the 6.4 is fast. The superdutys are around 8000lbs,, the comparable chevys are just over 7000lbs, and yet the ford is faster ( I realize that the duramax can be made fast,, very fast.) And the duramax is much faster than a cummins with the same mods, but not as fast as the 6.4 period.... now I dont know personally what a 6.4 will do heavily modded, as there isnt a ton of them around (yet) but with just throwing a off the shelf tuner on they are amazingly fast.
If you don't think an LBZ can run a 13 with just a tune, you obviously don't know as much as you think, at least not about Duramaxes. Also, I never disagreed with you about a tune only 6.4 being able to run faster than a tune only Duramax. I agree the 6.4s are impressive in stock trim with just a tune, but you are obviously underestimating the Duramax.

Oh,, and try running in the 13's with the dpf on,, I did with my truck........I bet you dont do it... and that was before I had my SCT tuner, I just had a crappy tuner I had bought cheap just to get me through that year of racing
I've never taken a truck with a DPF to the track, but if I'm ever able to, I'll make sure I get a video of it running 13s for you.

I am a little puzzled as to your thinking that the 6.4 won't run as strong at that altitude. Turbo vehicles do not notice altitude nearly as much as naturally asperated engines.
Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't happened multiple times. I ran a 13.6 in my truck about 5 years ago before EFILive had all the tables sorted out for the LBZ. I feel pretty confident it would do better than that now. Just so you know, there have been more than one stock transmission Duramax run a 12. I think they all had lift pumps, but I can't swear to that.

Why on earth are y'all arguing about what's the fastest? Just post the results of your trucks or your buddy's trucks and we can just observe which one is the fastest? No since in argueing over it? The fastest I've ever seen a tune, exhaust, intake, and trans 6.4 run is Aarons reg cab back in the day and it ran a 12.2. But then again 08stroker ran a 12.3 with a CCSB so I'm gonna say it's possible for a reg cab 6.4 to run 12.1s or so but I haven't seen it done yet so it doesn't matter. I've seen plenty of duramaxs run 12.5s with ease with just intake, exhaust, trans, tune and lift pump so I'm gonna say either way the trucks are neck and neck. Let's just see some facts though?

Turbo vehicles do not notice altitude nearly as much as naturally asperated engines

Come on up here and try it for yourself, you may be surprised ;)

Well your truck is pretty special I would say, or it isn't as stock as you say. The fastest stock lbz with just a tuner that I have seen is low 14's. That was at 2300

lol... I do have exhaust too... and a bunch of gauges LOL .... so yea, I lied about my mods, you got me!

my buddies lly went 13.6 in a 6 speed manual.. with efi/tripple clutch/fuel rail shim.. exhauist.. thats it.. with 33's

obviously the whole idea of what the origional point has been missed.... just a tuner... well if thats the case I have a dodge that just about stock, LOL runs in the 10's pretty much as ludicris

obviously the whole idea of what the origional point has been missed.... just a tuner... well if thats the case I have a dodge that just about stock, LOL runs in the 10's pretty much as ludicris

does it still run 10's without the intake elbow?

Kevin lives in Alberta, Canada....I'm sure he's pretty well versed in making power at high elevations.

I checked the elevation of the 5 tracks I could find in Alberta. 3 of them are 2100-2200ft. 2 of them are a little above 3000ft. So there is definitely some truth to what you said above, but these still don't compare to our local tracks: PMP - 4900ft and Bandimere - 5800ft

obviously the whole idea of what the origional point has been missed.... just a tuner...

Fair enough. I don't know what my truck would run with just a heavy tune.... and honestly I have no interest to know- anyone who wants to hammer a truck with a big tune at the drag strip with stock exhaust (cats, dpfs etc.) is asking for trouble IMO and I wouldn't want them anywhere near anything of mine... but that's just me :)

I know Bandimere well...we ran an 11.1 @ 129 there years ago in a 7.3 truck of all things.

obviously the whole idea of what the origional point has been missed.... just a tuner...
Maybe you should go back and reread the original post. It said tuner, exhaust, intake, lift pump, and a trans. What he wants to see is stock turbo, stock injectors, stock motor, stock CP3 or whatever high pressure fuel pump your truck uses. I'll make it easy and quote the first post in this thread so you don't have to do any more work.

Just curious what some peoples times have been with just a Tuner, Exhaust, Intake, lift pump if needed, and a trans. whats ur times at the track?? crew cab? reg cab? 4x4? 2wd? tire size? give us some specs and times!!

:pop:

Maybe you should go back and reread the original post. It said tuner, exhaust, intake, lift pump, and a trans. What he wants to see is stock turbo, stock injectors, stock motor, stock CP3 or whatever high pressure fuel pump your truck uses. I'll make it easy and quote the first post in this thread so you don't have to do any more work.

:thankyou2:

not sure why a trans would be in this convo. that takes the standard tuner/intake/exhaust convo and blows it out of the water. that triples the total cost invested in the first sentence. i have raced cc/sb 4x4 dmax's on e.t. streets , he had the standard stuff, LMM, intake , exhaust, lift pump, trans and efi live. he ran consistent high 12's, and weighed in somewhere around 7200, i weighed 7900, in a cc/sb 4x4 6.4 ..i ran 12.80's all day , he ran a best of 12.94 (when we raced, which was 3 times, the other 2 times were like 12.99 and 13.03) and all of our races were good and fun. also on the dyno he made 540, i made 596. i had intake, exhaust and tuner, stock trans and everything else. dmax is basically just about the same speed as the 6.4, maybe a tad bit slower, cuz they dont 60ft like the straight axle trucks, but the weight differential really brought them close. cant go wrong either way.

not sure why a trans would be in this convo. that takes the standard tuner/intake/exhaust convo and blows it out of the water. that triples the total cost invested in the first sentence. i have raced cc/sb 4x4 dmax's on e.t. streets , he had the standard stuff, LMM, intake , exhaust, lift pump, trans and efi live. he ran consistent high 12's, and weighed in somewhere around 7200, i weighed 7900, in a cc/sb 4x4 6.4 ..i ran 12.80's all day , he ran a best of 12.94 (when we raced, which was 3 times, the other 2 times were like 12.99 and 13.03) and all of our races were good and fun. also on the dyno he made 540, i made 596. i had intake, exhaust and tuner, stock trans and everything else. dmax is basically just about the same speed as the 6.4, maybe a tad bit slower, cuz they dont 60ft like the straight axle trucks, but the weight differential really brought them close. cant go wrong either way.
What does your truck 60' with street tires?

I like that the duramax is underestimated. It makes it even sweeter when I puff the all mighty 6.4 on the streets. And hell, I don't even have an intake elbow! Lol. I don't blame u guys for defending the 6.4 though, it's the best motor that's been in a ford truck. Too bad it only lasted 3 years. And how the heck can u run a tuned 6.4 with the dpf intact? My brother tried to run his lmm for like one day tuned waiting on exhaust and it wasn't happy at all.