Floor Shifter pics....

Its fun as hell on the street, I wouldn't have an auto trans any other way. I like my Goerend manual VB.

I'm returning my 94 to stock... But keeping the shifter/ VB. Its like a manual but better.

looking at these pictures makes me want to change my setup a little. Almost two and a half years with my setup and I haven't really gotten tired of it.

Here's the console I been working on.
uve4a8a7.jpg

I'll have a finished product this weekend. It's getting sanded covered in vinyl and the section the shifter sits on is removable.

8atyne2a.jpg

y4abe4u7.jpg

dy8upana.jpg

pe2a9eru.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think about it like riding a motorcycle and shifting clutchless. Same kind of thing.

But the advantage of a converter.

Now the tci shifters are yal haven to change the length of the shifter arm coming out of the trans? If so longer or shorter? I can't decide on a vb I have been hearing a lot of good out of a lot of trans builders I need to talk to Tim barber and see what he offers for a manual vb. I was thinking of using the center console out of a silverado I seen some where on here a guy put one in his truck I was thinking that might look good with a shifter sticking up

Roach built it like 5 years ago. I purchased it 2 years ago and changed a few things. The levers are for main fuel on and off, emergency air off, and emergency fuel off. This one is similar to roaches but not the same. Good eye Mark.

I can make those handles also. Just some aluminum. I will be cutting it up some to get it how I want it to be

Last edited:
No chit if I lived close to ghostman, hes one of the few id pay for work besides do it myself.

Like I mentioned before, I haven't mounted mine or hooked it all up in the truck yet so I don't know how well this is going to work in the vehicle but after some researching online I found a wiring diagram for making a momentary input (button) into a latching on/off output using relays. I will have my T/C lockup with a simple toggle switch. O/D will be controlled with the red button on the lever, I am able to do this using 6 relays and wiring them together as mentioned before, worked great on the bench, push the button...click once O/D on...click once again O/D off. I will probably put a small LED next to my trans temp gauge that will illuminate when O/D is engaged. I figured that would be best for racing with my manual VB, flip the T/C switch while staging, and the T/C locks as soon as I hit 2nd, then shift to 3rd then hit the button for O/D. It can be done with less relays, the reason I ended up using so many is because I am needing a positive input/negative output (switching the ground), the only diagrams available were negative input/positive output (switching the 12v). I tried wiring using these diagrams and just reversing the polarity but the relay wouldn't consistently latch and didn't quite work like I wanted, then I found that I could wire it the correct way and change the polarity by adding another relay after. Here are some links to the diagrams I used.

Diagram for Latched on/off (+) output with momentary (-) input:
latchonoffspnd.gif

Then this is a simple diagram for reversing a positive input to negative output:
pos2neg.gif

Hope this helps some of you :Cheer:

thats a cool idea but i have always had good luck with these on the bikes i have built. saves a ton of space and at only 40 bux its a no brainer.

http://www.thunder-heart.com/Electronic/asm4093.html

Just waiting on my screen to come in so I can finish the center piece.

usudy4e2.jpg

u8eda7ar.jpg

Still need to finish the fiberglass work on my double din also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats a cool idea but i have always had good luck with these on the bikes i have built. saves a ton of space and at only 40 bux its a no brainer.

http://www.thunder-heart.com/Electronic/asm4093.html

http://www.thunder-heart.com/Tech%20Service%20PDFs/EI4093.pdf

what is shown is (2) separate momentary inputs and (2) separate latched outputs.....

is that for (2) separate circuits on-off, or for a single circuit with (2) inputs to control two outputs being on or off?

(the pdf is the wiring schematic from the website)

Attachments

Think I made my mind up on the tci outlaw shifter what gate plates are yal using with these? And would the reverse one be better? I am also going to get a full manual vb from goerend

Back