HE351VE on a 12 valve

do you guys have any drone with a straight pipe? i'm debating whether to throw my resonator back in or just straight pipe tomorrow.

with an open downpipe you REALLY hear the duramax whoosh sound .. but i don't know if there will be any drone due to the turbo design (or too loud)

do you guys have any drone with a straight pipe? i'm debating whether to throw my resonator back in or just straight pipe tomorrow.

with an open downpipe you REALLY hear the duramax whoosh sound .. but i don't know if there will be any drone due to the turbo design (or too loud)

I drove out to Colorado and back (2100 miles roud trip) with mine and it didn't drone like my HX40 did through the single stack. I have full 4" no muffler with 2' of 5" chrome as a tip... It's not much louder than stock muffled exhaust when it's closed up, but it does get louder as the housing opens up. Though even with the housing all the way open at 40+ psi and 3300 rpm it's not nearly as loud as my HX40 :bang

Well I received my ebay boost controller in the mail today.

I will give it a shot having it hooked up to drive pressure to open the VGT. As of right now it is set to start opening the VGT around 40psi, and is fully open by 50psi ,using regulated shop air.

I am about to drive to Denver and will report how it performs.

438744257_1526017681_0.jpg
[/IMG]

Cell phone pic...:kick:

I drove out to Colorado and back (2100 miles roud trip) with mine and it didn't drone like my HX40 did through the single stack. I have full 4" no muffler with 2' of 5" chrome as a tip... It's not much louder than stock muffled exhaust when it's closed up, but it does get louder as the housing opens up. Though even with the housing all the way open at 40+ psi and 3300 rpm it's not nearly as loud as my HX40 :bang

yours doesn't seem too loud on your youtube videos.

with just the open downpipe it seems as loud as a regular straight pipe at around 36psi.... so today i did not get some pipe, and i figured out i threw out my resonator a while ago. still debating what to do.

Good info. I bought one and I am going to start working on it as soon as I can.
I am planning to using an air cylinder like CSM_diesel. Looking forward to the results.

CSM diesel that looks good. I can't wait to get mine on my truck. It's just about ready.

97crewcab I guess you got your turbo in good shape?

Update...

Using drive pressure, and having it start to open at 40psi drive and be fully open at 50spi drive works like a charm!

Drive pressure shoots up to 40psi and is regulated there as the turbo comes up to speed, making 37psi boost. Smoke free and quick! I will keep tinkering with getting the exhaust brake up and running now that the controls are dialed in.

Anyone know the part # for the v band clamp for the vgt turbo. The one that clamps the exhast elbow to the down pipe? Thanks

Ok rigged up a 4 inch clamp to work, but now I have the VGT part is stuck wide open. I guess it's better than closed. I will tinker with it and get it working. Off to the Stealership to get hosed for the right clamp.

Ok rigged up a 4 inch clamp to work, but now I have the VGT part is stuck wide open. I guess it's better than closed. I will tinker with it and get it working. Off to the Stealership to get hosed for the right clamp.

How are you controlling everything?

trapper, takes a while to spool huh? haha. what are you going to do to control the arm?

you guys barking the turbo a lot? i closed mine up but couldn't take the turbo barking all the time. now i have it where it just barely/lightly barks right before coming down to ohh about 5psi. i guess it works well with the common rail motor taking so long to come down in rpms

:blahblah1:

How are you controlling everything?

I have a wastegate actuator. It might be that slotted ring on the exhast housing its stuck in. I didn't force it together when I clampt it all up. I will get to adjusting it soon.

I have a wastegate actuator. It might be that slotted ring on the exhast housing its stuck in. I didn't force it together when I clampt it all up. I will get to adjusting it soon.

It the vanes don't have to be off by much to stick... My center section managed to slip in the band a little and made my collar stick wide open too. Haven't had a problem with it since I readjusted things and made sure I got it back together right by moving the collar back and forth as I put it back together making sure everything moved smoothly all the way till it was tight.

CSM it's good to hear that drive pressure is working out good for you. It's encouraging, means I should be able to make it work too.

i did like blacksky and wiggled everything while assembling the turbo. haven't had any issues sticking while driving.

i straight piped the truck....damn it's quiet:bang

trapper - cummins part # for the exhaust connection clamp is 102408. hope this helps!

Wes