HE351VE on a 12 valve

Mcmotorsports, i just bought some flanges from you for my swap (j-shaw) but I might want to hold off a bit, sounds like you got something better in the works.

I can hold your order, it's no problem, but it would be better if you emailed me directly.

For the VGT v-band, I have 3.5" v-bands that fit the back perfectly, but the clamps are on back-order. They have a 3.5" ID and a 3.775" OD, so you could weld the 4" pipe to the 3.5" v-band by welding it to the outside, they are made and intended to weld the tubing on the inside, but will function either way.

I have the adapter finished, I will post pictures here shortly, as promised.

MC

Mcmotorsports, i just bought some flanges from you for my swap (j-shaw) but I might want to hold off a bit, sounds like you got something better in the works.
Anyways, i posted this on another forum but I'm gonna stick it here to so i can get some input from you guys FIRST POST everyone.
"I'm about to start my swap and I have a downpipe question, I can weld ok but have never built an exhaust. So if anyone has done this on a 12valve and knows what parts I need to buy please tell me. I have a 4" exhaust on my stock HX35 now and I assume that the flange on the back of the housing of the he351ve is a HX40 style right? so i need a 4" v band flange there welded to a 45* then a straight piece then another 45* and a flat band clamp to connect to my exhaust. Do I see this right? I'm gonna build an adapter with weld flanges between the manifold and turbo and it looks like all the cold side stuff should line up (turbo to IC and filter to turbo) and the stock oil lines should still work too. So if anyone has some suggestions I'd very much like to hear them before I start taking my truck apart. Cant get anything locally so it will all have to be here before I start."

Its slightly smaller than HX40. Another oddball holset flange

found a 3.5" flange on Airflo but i may simplify things and just cut the cast elbow and weld directly to it, no guess work there.

ok, thats what i thought, thanks, BTW you got any pics of your DP I saw the one with just the 90 and weld flange on the turbo at the beginning of the thread

IMG_3905.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is the best I have. I built it in two pieces b/c I couldn't snake it up there in one piece... Its basically the weld flange w/ a tight 90* on it attached to a stock pattern 4" downpipe with the top cut off..

Computer or server is not agreeing with me, trying to upload pics now

Attachments

• 100_2295.jpg
    100_2295.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 55
Fantastic! Came out great! Let us know how they work for everyone. I have one more trick up my sleeve if these don't work out for everyone...

Sure look pretty. Although I don't plan to go through the trouble to install an adapter and get creative with the downpipe, I'm just going to use the '07.5+ exhaust manifold with 04.5+ downpipe to stick mine on my '96. I'm hoping a 3rd Gen intercooler pipe will work to connect to the I/C with minimal effort.

Here are the V-band flanges i sell. 3.5" ID and 3.775" OD on the tube side.
V-Band flanges are in stock, clamps are on back-order.

100_2300.jpg

100_2301.jpg

looks great! I'll let you all know how it fits up as soon as I get it.

Thanks MC

Sure look pretty. Although I don't plan to go through the trouble to install an adapter and get creative with the downpipe, I'm just going to use the '07.5+ exhaust manifold with 04.5+ downpipe to stick mine on my '96. I'm hoping a 3rd Gen intercooler pipe will work to connect to the I/C with minimal effort.

The only problem with doing that is that the exhaust ports on a 12V are rtectangular, and on a 3rd gen they are round, so they wont match up right. The manifold could be port matched though.

However, while the subject is open I would like to know what would be so bad about the ports not being perfectly matched? On a mildly tuned truck would there be a big performance difference?