How did you break it?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question... but if your torque is too high at low rpm, why not dial back the fueling at lower rpms a little so that range won't break as much stuff?
than u do stuff like this
IMG00125.jpg

Are you saying that's too much boost with injection quantity dialed back?

I would have guessed that it was a hydro-lock or too much fuel too far advanced.. not too little fuel... ?

Are you saying that's too much boost with injection quantity dialed back?

I would have guessed that it was a hydro-lock or too much fuel too far advanced.. not too little fuel... ?
No to much torque and power @to low of a rpm with small chargers it made 870hp and flatlined

bummer dude

yep this was with stock rods also did it with 12valve rods a week later

manuals will always be more reliable (at any power level, modded at an equivalent level) as there are simply less things in them to go wrong. There is less friction, heat, and wear inside a manual transmission, then with an auto. Why do you think they dont run tranny coolers on the vast majority of manual transmission vehicles from the factory?

I split the block of my 4bt. It split from the frost plug in the back of the block, all the way to the oil filter mount. Just a clean break!!
All this with only 496hp at the wheels.

Last edited:
Smoked an hx35 in my old twin setup, blown IC boot @ 60psi around 450/1200. Shredded 5th gear around 500hp before the motor build this winter.

Sent from some motel in South Dakota

I split the block of my 4bt. It split from the frost plug in the back of the block, all the way to the oil filter mount. Just a clean break!!

Crazy how stuff breaks with not much more power than stock, eh?

Jeez, that's like 744hp out of a 6BT!

my truck came with a "south bend clutch" so like any curious 19yr old i took it to the truck pull and turned that "south bend clutch" into a pile of dust !! haha i had fun though

by the way it wasnt a south bend clutch!!:hehe:

on my personal truck i've grenaded a G56 from trying to speed shift it at the drag-strip... 4th gear broke first then fubar'd everything else. Bumped the timing a bit too high on smarty and got the head gasket (stock vgt at the time, sad face).

On our shop trucks... yea that's a long list of broken stuff

Seized a plunger when my airdog shut off and the engine was above 3k rpm.
destroyed the planetaries in a tranny(not sure exact cause)
This is the latest i believe

flexplate.jpg

busted an injector tip off on top of the piston and dinged the **** out of it could be a warped head or a bad injector washer I guess, ill find out soon enough. oh and of course a head gasket

90 cummins 65,000mi auto. turbo overspeed,transfercase broke was easy fix just the shifting ring bent,blew head gasket an cracked the head, messed the hubs up
1998.5 65000mi auto.didnt really have it to long lift pump died an lost one vp44 because of having stock lp
2005 g56 one sout bend dual disk cracked one of the four fingers on the pressure plate it was a sled pulling. clutch, cracked inj line, blew dont know how many ic boots blew forth gear up in the sand
2006 48re had fca go out, when the tranny went out was runin smarty tnt on lvl3 finally burned the tranny up an od housing alon with the input shaft