I Am Tired of Stupidities

Dj and Doug.....Cant we just get along....my god. I mean I do business with you both.
Here is whats at stack..tuning. I think we should get a volunteer, with a stock truck and have doug tune it and the guy runs it and then Dj performance does the same thing. I think the tunning is what is at questioned.
Dj, are you doing the tunning or Vivan? Vivan wrote my buddy a good tune

I wish I could be there. I know me, Tim and Richard would be sitting there on the side lines drinking holding score cards

Thank you Rob. I have a great teacher :rockwoot:

Actually, I send out all, if not most of the tunes. The tunes are put together from value files that we've physcially tested. Then you add experience as to what works here and what works there an Viola! you have a tune. With the right instruction and the proper value files, you can be a tuner too! LOL DJ sets up the value files and sequence, I put them together. If there is an issue, he tells me what to change.

DJ can tune, is Doug going to drive? I haven't seen a response to that question.

Thanks,
Vivian

Last edited:
What if I could get a stock truck that you guys could each put a tune in? That way its the same truck ....... Just a thought .....

Might not be fun but it would be fair.
NO other mods...just a tune. May the best tune win.

If the trucks have other mods and they vary...the whole damned race won't matter. I don't care who tunes it...I can mod one to beat the other.

I left the house this morning at 4 AM and came home to read that my wife likes me. Don't believe her, she's partial.

The idea of a stock truck sounds awesome. Get the truck. We'll do it. The only problem would be that once we use an SCT, in order to put it in another truck, it would need to be unlocked. We do not sell used units. Whoever wants to donate their truck would need to purchase the SCT from either Doug or us, unless Doug has one we can use.

I started this thread to make a point. I am glad that Doug is bringing his heavy artillery. I'm bringing trucks that have a program and nitrous to run with modified trucks that also have a nitrous setup. That should say something about our tuning. I'm looking forward to racing his fastest trucks.

If Doug wins, I will shut my mouth but when I win I expect an apology. I'm even willing to prove after I beat him that I can get a better time on his fastest truck by changing the tune. There we go, we have one, two and three scenarios. Each one proof in itself.

DJ :evil

Last edited:
bdp said:
Ummm, no not even close. DJ is just the Comp diesel official Cuban Representitive.

He is the little wolverine with a 6.0/ :ft:

What? Bean, is this a Cuban thing again? I thought we were over this. Thanks for the sheet. I wear it proudly LOL LOL

DJ

Robts said:
Dj and Doug.....Cant we just get along....my god. I mean I do business with you both.
Here is whats at stack..tuning. I think we should get a volunteer, with a stock truck and have doug tune it and the guy runs it and then Dj performance does the same thing. I think the tunning is what is at questioned.
Dj, are you doing the tunning or Vivan? Vivan wrote my buddy a good tune

I wish I could be there. I know me, Tim and Richard would be sitting there on the side lines drinking holding score cards

She's a trooper. Our son Eric is in training. Now, he even gives opinions. If you like, he'll write the tunes at Moroso :clap: :clap: It takes alot to keep up. One tuner won't do.

DJ :evil

Last edited:
I sure hope you guys get this sorted out.:bang I am biased on my favourite to win but best of luck to both of you.

I think both of these folks are stand up individuals. In my personal experience this is going to be a tight race if its a stock tuned truck vs a stock tuned truck. I have nothing but great things to say about both of these guys, and I am looking forward to this race so we can put the BS of he said she said behind us. I understand there are hard feelings about this subject. I have spent time with everyone involved here, and they are all great people, and great friends. Lets get this race on, and see who pulls out ahead, then lets kiss and make up, and we can go back to trash talking, (ribbing as its called in the racing world), for fun.

Dalpilot said:
I think both of these folks are stand up individuals. In my personal experience this is going to be a tight race if its a stock tuned truck vs a stock tuned truck. I have nothing but great things to say about both of these guys, and I am looking forward to this race so we can put the BS of he said she said behind us. I understand there are hard feelings about this subject. I have spent time with everyone involved here, and they are all great people, and great friends. Lets get this race on, and see who pulls out ahead, then lets kiss and make up, and we can go back to trash talking, (ribbing as its called in the racing world), for fun.

I agree with you.

Got Diesel said:
Have you all ever thought of renting a stock truck. Run it once at stock form. then DJ you load your tune on it. You can drive it make three passes take the average. Doug you load your tune on it, you can drive it. I say that you can individually drive it so you will both go your hardest. Average those runs. Whoever runs a better time settles the debate. Just a thought.

Otherwise should be a helluva time, have fun.

YEA ...BUT , WHOS PAYING FOR THE NEW TRANNY WHEN THE STOCK ONE BLOWS UP ??:hehe:

BelgianMagic said:
YEA ...BUT , WHOS PAYING FOR THE NEW TRANNY WHEN THE STOCK ONE BLOWS UP ??:hehe:

These are Torqshifts. Not bandaided 727 Torqueflights from 60's Dodges.

Well to stir the pop a little, I went to the track to night with both DJ's and Doug's tunes. Here were the results;

Stock;
60'-2.210
1/8-10.7
1/8 mph- 61.215
1/4-17.155
1/4 mph-75.841

DJ's
60'-1.914
1/8-9.433
1/8 mph-69.968
1/4-15.085
1/4 mph-86.297

60'-1.904
1/8-9.420
1/8 mph-70.126
1/4-15.065
1/4 mph-86.759

60'-1.954
1/8-9.513
1/8 mph-69.686
1/4-15.188
1/4 mph-85.933

Doug's

Left truck in 3rd on launch by accident.
60'-2.683
1/8-10.416
1/8 mph-69.914
1/4-16.104
1/4 mph-86.894

60'-1.895
1/8-9.387
1/8 mph-70.036
1/4-15.039
1/4 mph-86.643

60'-1.970
1/8-9.482
1/8 mph-69.814
1/4-15.165
1/4 mph-86.008

First run was made at 11:11 and the last run was made at 11:57.

Looks like were going to have a close race if u ask me

All my mods are in my sig, minus the intake elbow

Good Morning,

The Looney files we send online to new customers are not our fastest files but are usually enough for the daily driver to play and feel comfortable driving. If the customer wants more or tells us he wants to race, we can give more power.

David, you ordered an SCT from us on the 21st and received it on Wednesday. You posted each event in our forum here. Seems to me somebody sent you his fastest file to race at the track against our daily driver and we were left in the dark about this. The times seems pretty close for a one-sided race. This happened once before, that we are aware of. When we were advised of the competition, the outcome was totally different. :tree:

Moroso is just a couple of weeks away and we won't be running our daily driver files. :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks,
Vivian

Last edited:
MOMBENZ said:
David, you ordered an SCT from us on the 21st and received it on Wednesday. You posted each event in our forum here. Seems to me somebody sent you his fastest file to race at the track against our daily driver and we were left in the dark about this. The times seems pretty close for a one-sided race. This happened once before, that we are aware of. When we were advised of the competition, the outcome was totally different. :tree:

So would you please send me a "race" file then, I will then go out and try it again.

Hello David,

That is not necessary. We already have it setup for Moroso. We'd love for you to join us but due to the upcoming race, we're not sending out any race files for the next couple of weeks.

We would have liked to know beforehand that we were competing and we would've sent you a file. Adam was helping you hook up your Edge here http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15384 so it isn't too hard to figure out what happened :umno:

Thanks,
Vivian

Adam had nothing to do with it. He doesn't do my bidding for me. I asked SAK if he would like to try something.